Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Just a Minute! 😢
  • grtdkad

This is sad but by god Mr Parsons you entertained us to the very end on Radio 4

BBC radio host Nicholas Parsons dies https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51278023

RIP

Pigface
    Free Member

Sad news a consummate professional

finishthat
    Free Member

Had a great love of clocks – great documentary about a very special clock
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07xtbhr

tjmoore

Bloody legend and still was presenting Just a Minute at 96!

NSFW language, but always funny

grtdkad

still was presenting Just a Minute at 96

Still presenting Just a Minute as brilliantly as ever at 96…”without hesitation, deviation or repetition”.
    Quite an incredible career.

Caher

A very talented and humble man. A loss. RIP.

Klunk
    Free Member

straight man to Arther Haynes back in 50s & 60s

avdave2

That’s a real loss, loved him on Just a Minute, hard to imagine that it would have lasted for over 50 years without him.

I did a job with him once, he was great but a total nightmare for following the script. He was hosting a quiz on a conference but he was all over the place with the questions and I was back set trying to work out rapidly which section of questions we were now meant to be showing.

To make it worse instead of just pressing the button to cue the next slide he decides to tell the whole audience that there is someone called Dave back there controlling everything and every cue was next slide please Dave, that wouldn’t have been too bad but he’d already told them that the next question was about one thing when the next in the deck was something completely different. I’m thinking not only is this bound to go horribly wrong but everyone is going to know who’s messed up! I had the VT tech with me and we were both scanning the back up trying to work out which slide he actually wants next. Somehow we actually managed it but it was probably the most stressful live event I’ve ever done. A lovely man though and that’s one show I’ve done I’ll not forget

BigJohn

He wasn’t ill very long though.

MoreCashThanDash

Not often I feel the urge to comment on these sort of threads, but a wonderful man, a constant throughout my 50 years, who will be sadly missed

maccruiskeen

Taken right out, not just to the Dorchester.

kayak23

Great shame. Hadn’t realised he was such a good age.

white101

At the risk of repetition, this is sad news indeed. Genuinely entertaining and talented man. His RHLSTP interview with Richard Herring was great, I shall re listen to this today.

timbog160

RIP a great loss – but what a great legacy.

By coincidence I was at a performance of I’m sorry I haven’t a clue last night. There was a very affectionate 10 minute mickey take out of NP.

pondo

I feel quite tearful. 🙁

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You fans might appreciate this one😀

jimmy

Hadn’t realised he was such a good age.

Saw him live at Edinburgh festival what must be 5 years ago and remember thinking he seemed pretty old to be doing this SO WELL. Very sharp and witty.

RustySpanner

A constant throughout our lives.

Just A Minute just won’t be the same without him.

I loved hearing him talk about his life, he always came across as a lovely, gentle man.

He will be missed.

hatter

There won’t be another one like him… no repetition.

countrybumpking
    Free Member

I was there too Timbog, that bit was funny alright. I hope they don’t drop that from the show now.

NP was ace, so quick witted I had no idea he was that old. Always loved just a minute. Whoever now chairs that show has big shoes to fill

wwaswas

“Just a Minute: 50 Years in 28 Minutes is on at 6.30pm today and Paul Merton’s interview with Nicholas Parsons from 2018 is on at 11pm”

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’d forgotten that Mr Jolly Lives Next Door was made so long ago

bearnecessities

There’s a great compilation of Just a Minute on R4 at the moment.

poolman
    Free Member

He was brilliant I cannot believe he was 96. My nan used to make us watch sale of the century.

ampthill

Yes a long working life. The age never really showed in his work. He has kept me entertained for 50 years

fingerbang
    Free Member

Pretty inspirational that he was as sharp as a tack up until the end, judging by the recent RHLSTP and by all other accounts

takisawa2

Legend. RIP.

Sandwich

By coincidence I was at a performance of I’m sorry I haven’t a clue last night

We’re seeing them this coming weekend, the talented and gifted individuals! 50 plus years as chairman is a good innings, worth at least a bonus point for the contribution.

jamj1974

Great entertainer and the perfect host for Just a Minute.

i hope like with Humph, they find someone who will take the reins respecting his legacy.

Rest in peace.

rOcKeTdOg

of all the “celebrity” deaths over the last few years this is the first one i’ve genuinely felt sad about, what a great loss it’ll be to light entertainment.

TiRed

Sad, but what a lovely man and wonderful talent.

He wasn’t ill very long though.

Not many are at his age.

BigJohn

Ahem. Not long, no. Just a …

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Just a Minute! 😢’ is closed to new replies.