Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • junk food. when you just got to have some?
  • ton

what is your poison?

gonna have a family bucket tonght.

johndoh
    Free Member

A very occasional Big Mac (as in I can sometimes go for several years without one although I have had a few this year due to extended travelling with the family and the convenience factor).

Kryton57

I’m a sucker for a spicy pizza. But, if it’s good enough for the Brownlee’s it’s good enough for me.

trail_rat
    Free Member

What makes pizza junk food – or do you mean the synthetic cardboard disks from the supermarket. — there is nowt bad goes into a homemade pizza…. All the thrill of the fair and none of the guilt.

For me the junk food of choice is kebab. Place in town does good chicken kebabs and a place back home does good (sic) donner kebabs……never had a good one anywhere else.

Lucky I don’t go back home often or Id be a right fat git.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Spicy Hawaiian pizza and Sainsburys Basics 50p chocolate bars (especially the white choc one).

cynic-al
    Free Member

Pizza, but that’s not junk food 🙂

A whole bucket to yourself?

Pot Noodles and Maccy D’s otherwise,

perchypanther
    Free Member

16 inch Tandoori Munchy Box

funkmasterp

Cake and biscuits……..

Daily where possible 👍🏼

DezB
    Free Member

Do wraps from McDonalds count?

The spicy buffalo one is a right fiery bastard.

scotroutes

Kraft Cheesey Pasta.

It’s not even Kraft these days but it still has that strangely luminescent “cheese” powder.

molgrips
    Free Member

Blimey.  The list is quite long.  But the thread demonstrates what amateurs you lot are.

I used to live near a corner shop that did these disgustingly cheapo chocolate Swiss roles about 18″ long.  I kept buying them and eating the entire thing in one go.

funkmasterp

Molgrips you have just gone up in my opinion. Honest and a good choice of cake like food.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I kept buying them and eating the entire thing in one go

Pics for photoshopping please.

jekkyl

Pork scratchings

molgrips
    Free Member

I used to work away in London, aged about 24-25, and I was single.  I used to arrive home to Cardiff late and hungry, I’d often stop at the shop for a snack. I’d be unable to choose between Wine Gums or Liquorice Allsorts, so I’d buy a bag of each, thinking I’d just have a few.  I’d end up eating them both, 400g of sugar, and drink a Coke too.  How I’m not diabetic I don’t know. And I wasn’t even fat, I was lighter then than I am now.

Pics for photoshopping please.

I ate it in slices, not gobbling the entire thing.  I do have some self respect 😉

joshvegas
    Free Member

I’m with molgrips.

You’re mainly describing food.

Coke and crisps and haribo and whole packs of biscuits and cakes.

tomhoward

Ton, if you haven’t been to marstons chicken shop on Leeds road in Huddersfield you, sir, have missed out on fried chicken heaven.

if I can’t get there though, KFC or a five guys.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Back in the day … well, 30 odd years ago, I used to have a whole KFC bargain bucket to myself sometimes, I also remember being able to have a donner kebab and chips and can of coke about 6pm and at 7pm I’d be doing 2 hours of tea-kwon-do. Back then at 19 and 20 I’d be able to eat anything and no weight would go on and it felt like there was nothing in my stomach. Weight goes on now just thinking about a kebab.

woodster

McDoanlds breakfast. Not a great way to start the day, but I get inexplicable cravings that can’t be ignored.

Custard tarts. Two cups of tea and 4 Morrison’s or 2 of the big fancy Asda Extra Special ones is a great afternoon snack.

timidwheeler

Chicken kebabs are good for you.  Grilled chicken and salad in a pitta (or naan).  Just have chilli sauce and lay off the garlic mayo.

Healthy junk food.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I don’t count McDonnalds as junk food any more, not since they cut down on the salt and sugar ingredients.

McD’s sausage and egg McMuffin meal breakfast with a coffee is awesome.

Don’t eat any other variants of thier menu though, and that’s not becuse I’m some snob.. it’s just because I normally plan my mealtimes.

I do sometimes have M&S Prawn Sandwiches for supper.. don’t quite know why, but I definitely get a craving for them at least once a week. A pack and some salt and vinegar crisps and a glass of white wine 😜🥂🥪

docgeoffyjones

M&S meal deal sounds awesome.

Trekster

WhenI worked shifts it was crisps and biscuits. Now it’s apple pie/tart for my am cuppa. The odd Scotch pie or sausage roll from the bakers or butchers on my way home from work if Im really struggling

chinese, fish’n chips on a Friday night. Beer & wine are currently my weak spot……

sparkyrhino

Not been to Marstons for years, the fried chicken was very good.

funkmasterp

Ton, if you haven’t been to marstons chicken shop on Leeds road in Huddersfield

Tom is correct. I used to live about three miles away and it was a Friday night treat in my teenage years. Best fried chicken I’ve ever had.

wallop

KFC here too but just a couple of fillet strips will hit the spot. Otherwise it’s prawn toast or pizza. Oh and a MacD’s breakfast every couple of months – double sausage and egg meal deal!

bearnecessities

Crisps, any.

Salt and pepper chips.

Co-op pizzas (surprisingly good)

Pork pies from Hopkins in Birkenshaw.

Aldi burgers & sausages. Always have reserves in the freezer for emergencies.

(T_R, screen protector went in post today)

honeybadgerx

Five guys when getting in late to King’s Cross on work trips to London. Bacon cheeseburger with fried onions and spicy fries. I don’t have a shake though so I figure that makes it a calorie controlled diet.

ton

been to marstons many times over the years.

the big chicken breast butty is my fave,

tonight i crumbled.

just eaten a chicken, chorizo and chickpea stew.  far too healthy, but the wife insisted.

twonks

I don’t like veg or salad so my junk food of choice is a plain KFC Zinger burger meal.

Just the right amount of crap food whilst being so tasty and occasionally suprisingly very ‘zingy’

For out and out pig mode, I make plain cakes/buns (the little ones). Make the mixture for 24, cook 16 or so and eat the rest of the mixture without cooking it. Very sickly and probably not good for you at all with raw egg etc, but oh so nice.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

What Scotroutes says, cheesy pasta, but on toast, eaten at breakneck speed. Then lots of ‘cheesy’ burps for pudding.

binners

Just pop ‘em all in a bag, love…

Oh… and a cheese and onion pasty chaser.

I do feel that my life is incomplete having never had one of PP’s tandoori munchie boxes

slowoldman

A few weeks ago I caved in to peer pressure and joined my colleagues in a Whopper meal. It was disgusting. Cold and tasteless. I assumed that’s how it’s supposed to be. I shall stick to Greggs in future, though actually there’s nothing junk about that pastry of wonder, the steak bake.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Chips n curry

Or crisps

Or chocolate

Or pies

Or burgers

Or curry

Or a singer tower burger

Am deeply intrigued by the double down BBQ thing from KFC, could be my new cardiac snack

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Forgot cake, especially millionaire shortbread……….

Tinners

I returned home to a lovely organic free range chicken that my wife cooked this afternoon (stay with me – it gets worse). The cupboards are creaking with wholesome options to go with it. So I’ve gone down the chip shop for a large bag of salty, vinegary chips and 2 cartons of curry sauce. I’ve torn the chicken apart, mixed the bits with curry sauce and devouring them with the chips and a hot mug of builders tea.

Shoot me now.

pondo

I don’t really discriminate when it comes to fast food, but…

Pork scratchings

… FTW.

lotto
    Free Member

Smoked sausage supper with a single king rib chaser. Irn Bru to wash down .

joshvegas
    Free Member

I don’t like veg or salad so my junk food of choice is a plain KFC Zinger burger meal.

I can’t even comprehend not liking salad or veg.

tomhoward

I can’t even comprehend not liking salad or veg.

I knew a ‘chef’ who didn’t like veg (“it all tastes the same – awful!”), not sure she made it to the upper echelons of the Michelin guide, mind.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘junk food. when you just got to have some?’ is closed to new replies.