Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • junk food. when you just got to have some?
  • akira

Zinger tower meal, or chips and cheese.

funkmasterp

I made a banana bread loaf the other week, Mrs Funk came downstairs in the morning exclaiming “That banana bread you were making last night smelled lovely. Can’t wait to try it” her face was a mixture of shock, envy and hurt when I explained that I’d eaten the whole thing as soon as it came out of the oven

trail_rat
    Free Member

It’s also a rule that after strathpuffer we join most of the other riders in the Inverness branch of burger king and order 1 of the menu please .

I wonder if after 10 years of it being .A habbit the staff have worked out why a batallion of tired hungry dirty elated and grumpy MTBers show up in winter in all manor of vehicles and just growl foooooood at them.

pondo

I just had a Pot Noodle – as you were. 🙂

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

I used to eat Angel Delight, not had it for a while though now.  I will have to buy some more for old time’s sake.

+1 for Pork Scratchings.  The hairier the better.

colournoise

I’m with the OP. KFC is the top dirty takeaway. Hot wings FTW.

Partial to Nando’s too, but not sure it counts as proper dirty food as it’s a bit pricey compared to Burger King etc.

Can’t stand Maccy D’s.

Top ‘home-made’ dirty dinner is a king size Bombay Bad Boy. No question.

bigblackshed

McD’s sausage and egg muffin. I crave one every few months or so.

I went through a phase of having a cheeky cheeseburger when on a night out with my mates. It started as one or maybe two between pubs. It ended up as with my mates going for an xl meal, except I’d just go for more cheeseburgers. The record was 10 washed down with a strawberry milkshake.

Ikea meat balls. Let’s not pretend they fall into a food category, they were made of bits of leftover horse around the same time as the Iceland “horsegate” hoo ha. About 15 years ago, or so, Ikea ran a competition of eat as many as you can. Each store then sent their “winner” to an eat off. I failed to get on the leader board at Wednesbury with 106.

Its really not junk food, but cheese stuffed peepers. I could just eat and eat.

breadcrumb

McDonald’s/KFC/Burger King. Or a foot long meatball marinara if that counts.

Pie, chips, cheese and beans at the end of a night out used to be lush!

senorj

Chicken fried rice and crispy fried shredded chilli beef for the post 4(!) pint win.

Macdonalds for the hungover guilt trip.

timmys

Wings. All the wings.

or Zinger Tower box meal. With extra wings,

whitestone
    Free Member

I’m with @molgrips on this – those chocolate Swiss rolls that have had every proper ingredient replaced with something cheap and processed hit the spot. Also Lyons Battenberg cake and a packet of chocolate HobNobs.

On the savoury side it’d be a pasty of some sort.

big_scot_nanny

Sausage rolls, scotch pies (has to be Aulds), crisps (if we’re getting really specific, Flamin Hot Cheetos). I think that pretty much constitutes a balanced diet?

theboatman
    Free Member

Chilli pizza 🍕 from Bennys in Ashbourne, pure filth.

Large egg custard from Bird’s the Baker and a mug of tea, an essential top up on any late shift.

Greggs Belgium buns, to be eaten in pair’s.

Yorkshire fish cake, chips, peas and Hendo’s, from Two Steps in Sheffield

A wood fired pizza from Porter pizza Co, just down from two steps is lush, but positively healthy.

Equally I fail to believe the Hungry Bhudda on Moor Market could even be junk food…

And don’t get me even thinking about breakfast in the Shahenshah in Derby 🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤

Or greasy spoons, the omelette breakfast at Cafe delight in Ripley…. onion rings for breakfast… inspired.  I had heartburn for a month.. 🌋

God, I’m hungry now.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘junk food. when you just got to have some?’ is closed to new replies.