Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Joytech Hub Conversion
  • avdave2

I’ve a pair of Joytech hubs on the 100/135 qr wheels that came with my Pinnacle Ramin 3+. According to the original bike spec they have convertible axles. I now have a Whippet with boost spacing and would like to use the wheels on that. The question is does anyone know where I might get a conversion kit?

I’m thinking it’s likely that they are one of those theoretically convertible things, yes it can be done but you won’t actually find the parts to do it anywhere.

Other options are to get the WTB Scraper rims rebuilt on new hubs or go mad to save some weight and buy some carbon wheels from JRA or Light Bicycle. Of course I don’t want everyone to come along and tell me to do that. 🙂

tomhoward

The conversion they were likely talking about was QR to thru axle. In theory you could convert them to 15mm/12mm F&R (142mm at the back) then get a generic boost conversion kit I guess?

avdave2

Thanks Tom, I didn’t think it would be straightforward.

I’ve actually just found a pair of Hope 4 hubs on the WTB Scraper rims I already have set up tubeless with tyres for £275 with the HG freehub I want only 30 minutes or so from home I think I’ll go with those rather than buy new hubs and get them rebuilt.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.