Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Jones Bars – What grips?
  • STATO
    Free Member

Picked up some Titec Jones-style bars and wondering what to do for grips. Originally planned to run some Oury's but fancy trying the bar-tape wrap style you get from the man himself.

What does everyone else run? pics?
    And how do you do the bar wrap? and what grips/tape do i need?

Ta,
    Rich.

STATO
    Free Member

No jones owners on here today?

BigDummy
    Free Member

I think Jones uses cork grips and then wraps from the end of the grip, but not sure. There's probably a Flickr search to be done?

simon1975

You'll probably want to tape the "horns" at least. I think they'll take any grips for the main hand-holds.

I've ridden with Trio who's got them and she's taped the whole thing in lovely pink tape.

simon1975

There's a taped bar here if you look carefully:
    Resting Singlespeeds

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

You'll want Dimension grips here: http://www.billys.co.uk/english/productresults.php?dept=365&group=H&PHPSESSID=bb04r7asaf42cb5slstrueain5

And some cork tape – I got some from CRC

they're comfy grips and nice and light, they just look right on an H Bar!

STATO
    Free Member

Hadnt thought about taping the horns, was just looking to do somthing like this…

(from the man himself)

not sure where i can get grips like that tho, tried a few LBS (and not so LBS) and not spotted anything.
    EDIT: Cheers, billys to the rescue, they stock all sorts that place! ;0)

Ta,
    Rich.

trio25
    Free Member

I have taped them all but other people use cork or foam grips then tape. Oury's won't really work as the end of them will not make a smooth join with the tape – you find yourself using the whole of the grips.

I belive that decathlon are good for foam grips.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Jones Bars – What grips?’ is closed to new replies.