Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • John Lewis/Plusnet broadband – any good?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

It appears to be half the price of my BT contract, so as long as the service is at least as good as BT I’m struggling to see why I wouldn’t switch

Any experiences of them?

cinnamon_girl

This was done recently, within the last couple of weeks I think.  Yes, I’m with them and, as my contract runs out shortly, noticed that there were offering a good deal to new customers compared to others.  I had to contact them re unstable broadband and that took a little while to sort out although still not perfect.  Really it seems that changing ISP every year is the way to go these days.

PS wouldn’t use BT if they were the last company on earth, utter scumbags.

Cougar

This was done recently, within the last couple of weeks I think.

Thus and so.

https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/broadband-by-john-lewis/

cinnamon_girl

Thank you Cougar.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Thanks

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Plus net are just fine but we too suffer occasional drop outs. Obviously it’s not something the helpline has even heard of happening before so we’ve lived with it. They’re all crap* pick the cheapest.

*bt = spawn of Satan

IHN

To provide the standard contrary STW response:

I found PlusNet a bit ropey, they kept assigning us an IP address that was registered in the States, so sites priced stuff in dollars, we always had to reset shipping stuff to UK etc etc, it was not a major hassle but it was enough. Ironically, the US IP address didn’t give us access to US Netflix…

Now with EE, got a bundle deal as I’m already with them for my mobile phone, all seems pretty good.

Mounty_73

It was my parents that swapped over to JL on the previous posting as above.  So far they have been really pleased with the JL broadband.  The speed has also improved since moving over to them, so now they get around 19 to 20mb.

jimster01

TBH used to rate Plusnet, but since we’ve had problems with the line – our number changing without our knowledge, fault on the line – we’ve suffered drop-outs on the line frequently, spoke to Plusnet “there’s no fault on the line “ etc etc. Can’t wait for the contract to end

chewkw
    Free Member

This is the ISP review … page 2 and 3 are the ones you may want to consider.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/01/ispreviews-2018-choice-best-uk-home-broadband-providers.html

burko73

you can speak to an actual person in Yorkshire with Plusnet. They’re quite helpful and you don’t have to go through the pain of some call centre bod somewhere not really listening to you just reading you their “script”, not fixing anything then asking you if theres anything else they can help with…

I’ve been pleased compared to ee and bt.

mikertroid
    Free Member

I’ve had no end of problems with JL internet. Eventually a BT Engineer came and found a fault with a junction box on a telegraph pole about 100m away.

A couple of weeks later JL try to charge me £65 as the engineer said on his report the fault was in my property. A blatant lie and three engineers found no fault in my property.

After going ballistic they’ve waived the charge and apparently I’m getting some payment for the appalling internet speeds I’ve been having. Haven’t seen any ££ yet though….

Northwind

I’ve been with plusnet forever basically, and force 9 before that (which they bought out). Always been happy tbh, they get bonus points from me for having actively pitched me a cheaper, better contract unsolicited, and before that for sending me a free router because, quote, “It’s really a pain trying to troubleshoot this when you’ve got a third party router”, couriered next day.

cocomo
    Free Member

I’m not in a position to recommend Plusnet, I’ve found their award winning customer service to be the complete opposite.

Currently have an ongoing issue with them regarding intermittent drops outs. A lot of this is in the court of Openreach but Plusnet have basically washed their hands of it and I’ve been left in the dark. Not heard from them in about five weeks which isn’t the definition of award winning customer service I’d use.

dantsw13

Does the supplier make any difference to lint quality/drops? I always thought they just bought lines from Openreach?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘John Lewis/Plusnet broadband – any good?’ is closed to new replies.