Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Job Hunting….
  • sheldona
    Free Member

Anyone else job hunting at the moment and getting nowhere with agencies? Doing my swede in! They phone up you waste 45 mins on the phone going through questions that can be answered by a quick flick through of the CV then they promise you some interviews within a week then……….NOTHING.

There has to be better ways of finding a job!

solamanda
    Free Member

Same problem here mate. I gave up over xmas and last month. I’m going to try again now things have settled at my work. I need to get something sorted asap as my days are numbered. Good luck.

jova54
    Free Member

I’ve been doing this for the last 2 weeks and am getting the same problem.

Most of the ones I speak to say, ‘We found your CV on Monster and we’ve got an opening or a brain surgeon, are you interested?’. Why are they wasting my and their time?

sheldona
    Free Member

One I had last week asked whether I’d consider relocating so I could commute to ************ I replied “No” she asked “why?” I replied ” I live 15mins from ******** so can’t see why I would need to relocate!”

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

sheldona – They are great like that. I had a recruitment agent ring me with ‘the perfect opportunity’. Their first question was ‘What do you currently do?’

Kieran

Still no luck then Sheldon? same here! the agencies seem to be exceptionally useless at the moment, I saw an ad for a job in the local paper but it was through an agency, with some ringing around found who was offering the job and tried to apply direct only to be told that they were only using the agency.

stumpy01

Yep, same here….I have agencies who obviously want to cast their net as wide as possible to up the chances of getting commission. Last week some bloke tried to convince me to take a job that would be at least 116 miles round trip commute. I said that was too far and he was genuinely suprised by this.

Also the online search things that send you e-mails of the most relevatn jobs are a bit pony. I have put in a search area of my postcode +30 miles and have had jobs come through for Edinburgh (316 miles) and Bristol (170 miles) as well as many that are in the area, but still to far (Peterborough to Northampton, Leicester, Nottingham etc). I think it’s because the job location is regsitered as the Agencies locations, which is rubbish.

I have a Jobseekers allowance interview at the jobcentre tomorrow. Hmmmm. Can’t wait.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Job Hunting….’ is closed to new replies.