Viewing 23 posts - 81 through 103 (of 103 total)
  • Jihadi John yesterday….
  • Rockape63
    Free Member

What’s all the fuss about? All they did was tell us they got the piece of shit. Personally I’d like to have seen him have his head removed with a blunt and rusty knife, but it will do.

moose
    Free Member

**** RAF Regt… 😉

v8ninety

Propaganda victory? Ha. If the obvious escalation that this represents did not have such serious ramifications for humanity, that might actually be funny.

Seriously; when did assassinating prominent figures on the opposing side ever NOT cause an escalation in tensions?

Yeah! let’s kill their bloke with fire and explosives ex judicially and probably killing people all around him too! That’ll learn those pesky Islamics for killing our blokes with knives, fire and explosives, ex judicially… Err, hang on…

Seriously, anyone with a mental age greater than that of a stroppy teenager can surely see why this is NOT ‘a good thing’. ‘The West’ is proving itself to be morally equivelent to ISIL. Way to go.

senorj

I’m not sad he’s toast,but I’m another who would have preferred him to have been taken alive .
    My worry is that his death will spur on others in this country to follow his example.

allthepies
    Free Member

That would be very difficult don’t you think ?

senorj

Yes .

Junkyard
    Free Member

My worry is that his death will spur on others in this country to follow his example.

I think what it will show is there is not much distance between our version of justice and theirs/his and that is what may encourage or tip over those already disenfranchised individuals.

ninfan
    Free Member

Actually I’ve since learned he was an SClub7 fan,

Told you – Tragedy!

Could only have been better if he was a big fan of the Blue Oyster Cult 😀

CountZero

And a great signal to the innocent bystanders probably killed. Poor bastards.

Exactly how many d’you imagine are left in that hellhole?

Propaganda victory? Ha. If the obvious escalation that this represents did not have such serious ramifications for humanity, that might actually be funny.

Seriously; when did assassinating prominent figures on the opposing side ever NOT cause an escalation in tensions?

Yeah! let’s kill their bloke with fire and explosives ex judicially and probably killing people all around him too! That’ll learn those pesky Islamics for killing our blokes with knives, fire and explosives, ex judicially… Err, hang on…
    Did anyone start a judicial process to see if killing known Nazi or Fascist leaders during WW2 was legal before the allies went ahead and did it? As I understand it, IS have declared open war against anyone who doesn’t subscribe to their mediaeval murder cult, so I’m failing to see any significant difference between what’s happening now, and what happened between 1939-45; the ideology isn’t all that different either.
    IS are effectively indulging in a genocidal campaign, and openly murdering tens of thousands of innocent people; why the hell should there be any restraint in culling them, any more than the likes of Pol Pot?

gonzy
    Free Member

[/quote]ninfan – Member
    Actually I’ve since learned he was an SClub7 fan,
    Told you – Tragedy

That was Steps…..dumbass!!

nostoc
    Free Member

surely an obvious difference between his version of justice and “ours” is the his version was inflicted on aid workers and journalists and “ours” was inflicted on a self-confessed murderer who provided video proof of his own guilt?

ninfan
    Free Member

That was Steps…..dumbass!!

Which of us should be more embarrassed, me for getting it wrong, or you for knowing? 😆

dalesjoe
    Free Member

Glad he’s gone. However I can’t help but think it’s a shame the way it was done. Killed in an instant, no suffering and made a martyr in some eyes. Would have been nice to see him brought to justice & left to rot in prison for the rest of his days.

Just amazes me what a terrible world we live in when we see the goings on in the world atm. All very sad.

v8ninety

why the hell should there be any restraint in culling them, any more than the likes of Pol Pot?

The irony is painful. You are actually justifying calling for genocide with the playground ‘He started it’ gambit. Nice. (Incidentally it’s very arguable that ‘we’ started it, TBH).

v8ninety

surely an obvious difference between his version of justice and “ours” is the his version was inflicted on aid workers and journalists and “ours” was inflicted on a self-confessed murderer who provided video proof of his own guilt?

Do you think that IS think that THEY are the ‘bad guys’? As was said earlier, perspective. They have a completely polar opposite one. As far as they are concerned, what they have been up to is completely justified and even required by God. It’s completely nuts from our perspective, but that’s the size of it.

Markie
    Free Member

Perspective? We need to have the balls to stand up for our perspective and protect our way of life, to say that we do not accept the validity of their world view and will work to neutralise the threat they pose to us and our world.

konabunny
    Free Member

CountZero – Member
    Exactly how many [civilians] d’you imagine are left in that hellhole [Raqqa]?

The city has become a prison for women under 45. The regime says they cannot leave because they may be raped in areas held by Isis or other rebel groups, but most people inside Raqqa think that it is because they are desperate for more wives for the fighters.

Isis has banned men born after 1992 from leaving the city for regime areas, to take exams, collect salaries or anything else. That means that no one can go any more, because who wants to flee to Turkey without their wife or daughters and sons?

Also, people don’t want to leave because as soon as anyone goes, Isis seizes their house. It has confiscated many homes from Christians, members of the Free Syrian Army and any activists it has caught.

Before Isis took over, the population of Raqqa was 1 million; now it is 400,000. But people say, ‘Where will I go? What will I do? I have no money to live in Turkey. And they will take my house.’ So they just stay here, waiting for an unknown tomorrow.
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/feb/21/islamic-state-capital-raqqa-syria-isis

v8ninety

Perspective? We need to have the balls to stand up for our perspective and protect our way of life, to say that we do not accept the validity of their world view and will work to neutralise the threat they pose to us and our world.

That’s fine. But if you’re not careful, you light the touch paper on a global conflict; you polarise the world into ‘with us, or against us’. And in that situation, you’ll find an awful lot of people deciding to be against ‘us’. It’s not like the West can hold the moral high ground particularly, and this kind of glorification of killing a prominent one of ‘them’ plays right into their hands. You watch; they’ll use it as justification to hit back at the West… Oh wait 😥

chewkw
    Free Member

Whatever goes around comes around.

The question is whether he died in peace or in pieces? 😯

El-bent
    Free Member

That’s fine. But if you’re not careful, you light the touch paper on a global conflict; you polarise the world into ‘with us, or against us’. And in that situation, you’ll find an awful lot of people deciding to be against ‘us’. It’s not like the West can hold the moral high ground, particularly, and this kind of glorification of killing a prominent one of ‘them’ plays right into their hands. You watch; they’ll use it as justification to hit back at the West… Oh wait

Its not as if the people making these decisions to throw us into conflicts solely for economic purposes are the ones who suffer the consequences. That’s left to the citizens in the streets.

We were protecting “our way of life”, we are in these sand pits purely because of our addiction to oil. The consequences of these actions for protecting “our way of life” has been plain to see for decades.

This is war without end.

konabunny
    Free Member

We were protecting “our way of life”, we are in these sand pits purely because of our addiction to oil. The consequences of these actions for protecting “our way of life” has been plain to see for decades.

That’s too simplistic. If it were only about oil, Iraq would never have been invaded and no-one would give a shit about Syria (in the same way that apparently no-one gives a shit about Yemen, were things are just as bad): Hussein was perfectly happy to keep selling oil onto the world market and Syria/Yemen doesn’t have much oil.

gonzy
    Free Member

Which of us should be more embarrassed, me for getting it wrong, or you for knowing?

Not rocket science seeing as you posted their music video on the first page and then still managed to get it wrong…duh!!

Plus I know cos I still bear the emotional scars from hearing it the first time

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Which of us should be more embarrassed, me for getting it wrong, or you for knowing?

he could have just registered that Steps had murdered/covered a Bee Gees song

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSVTOMkJdqs[/video]

Viewing 23 posts - 81 through 103 (of 103 total)

The topic ‘Jihadi John yesterday….’ is closed to new replies.