Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 103 total)
  • Jihadi John yesterday….
  • jimjam
    Free Member

globalti

I’m sure a few psychiatrists would have been interested in interviewing him in prison, to get an understanding of the levels of intellectual and sexual frustration amongst Muslim youth that leads them to extremism.

Why would they need to bother when you’ve got it sussed. I always wondered how people get radicalised, now I know it’s their inability to have a tommy tank. Thanks.

copa – Member

its all propaganda from both sides and its a load of bollocks.

I think that about covers it. It all seems murky and odd. The media highlights a number of UK individuals who appear in glossy ISIS propoganda. They are then killed without any questions being asked.

And in so doing they create Jihadi Billy Bob, or Jihadi Pierre, or whatever.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

He is indeed just one IS member but killing him is a major proganda victory against IS

Huzzah.

gonzy
    Free Member

Are you volunteering?

sorry. bit busy this weekend….need to service the bike, change wheels over, change shock over….and wash my hair!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mikey3
    Free Member

Alligators in the sewers,i love m&m’s.

gonzy
    Free Member

spot on there JY.
    not quite – his victims were innocents whereas ‘our’ victim here was not.

i was agreeing with Junkyards assertion that glorifying the death of your enemy is wrong. ISIS do it and use it for propaganda and now the west is doing it for the same reason. whether you cut their heads off, blow them up, shoot them or stab them with a pointy stick….its all irrelevant. it doesnt need to be sensationalised and paraded as some form of victory.

we are not disputing that Jihadi John was a vile piece of shit. he is a murderer plain and simple but glorifying his death will serve no purpose. if anything ISIS will prbably use his death to their advantage by trying to now portray him as some sort of martyr and that will only encourage more to take up his mantle.

pondo

ok, who amongst the journalists and aid workers that he beheaded wasn’t ?

If you’re asking me, they were all innocent. If you ask the people who did it, they would say none of them. Perspective, see.

Junkyard
    Free Member

More insights like that ought to bring about world peace

Just the same as the disrespect they have for us.

And Gonzy nails it Jihadi john – why did we give him a name ?- glorified and revelled in the death of his mortal enemy who he had no respect for and de humanised. THis threads has aspects of the same but just us to them. Both sides, of course, think they are correct and have reasons.

killing him is a major proganda victory against IS,

In what sense is it a propaganda* victory for us – we just killed him do you really think Jihadis everywhere have just given up the fight and embraced western values? IS suddenly looks like a bad idea after westerners just made another martyr? In what way have we persuaded folk IS is bad by this act?
    What we have done is get revenge.

meaning
    pr?p???and?/
    noun
    information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote a political cause or point of view.

edlong
    Free Member

What’s with all the hating? “Gordon is a Moron” might not be a masterpiece, but a drone strike seems excessive.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

More good news, I see. The Peshmirga have re-taken Sinja.

I think the message is clear. “We will find you, target you and completely *** you up”.

Excellent.

avdave2

So now all the resources men and time that IS were putting in to keep this man alive and hidden away are now freed to be employed in active warfare.
    If he wasn’t part of IS strategy planning and wasn’t able to move freely to act as a recruiting agent then killing him may well achieve no more than putting more IS in to the field.
    Far better to wound your enemy than kill him, It takes a lot more resources out of their front line and to all intents and purposes he was wounded.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

… but it brings them back into the “front line” where they can be slaughtered in greater numbers…

avdave2

More dead people on either side then till one side runs out of people to die, haven’t we tried that one before

MrWoppit
    Free Member

One side wants to fight to rid the planet of an infestation of degenerated scum and the other side want to be “martyrs”.

Everybody happy, then.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

PS: In the meantime, beginning a process of cosying up, Putin is still maneuvering to make a ground commitment uncriticised by “The West”.

Probably with full strength, I would imagine.

dazh

I think the message is clear. “We will find you, target you and completely *** you up”.

Have you any idea what an idiot that comment makes you look? Were you beating your chest after you typed that? You do realise that this is real life and not a game of football don’t you?

zippykona

There once was a fellow now dead
    With strange habits it is said
    Asked “why are you here?”
    He said I’m feeling quite queer
    but this isn’t how I normally give head.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

You do realise that this is real life and not a game of football don’t you?

Calm down, dear.

Yes it’s real life. Yes, I think that’s the message. No beating of chest, just a simple indication of what your fate will be if you go round videoing yourself cutting people’s heads off with knife thinking that you are protected by god and invulnerable.

Simples.

DaRC_L

Why now does seem pertinent… at the same time as the Kurds/Yazidi’s have success, Iraq is pushing forward and things in Syria aren’t going so well for IS/Daesh this seems to be some propaganda aimed at demoralisation.

Next is to heavily prosecute some of those idiots buying illegal antiquities and funding IS/Daesh destruction of ancient sites.
    After all Winter is Coming and an army needs money/food to fight.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

What Musashi called “Beating In the Edges”.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

ihadi-john-left-hugely-disappointed-by-quality-of-virgins

even worse when it turns out that he actually gets is

somafunk

JimJam :

I was listening to a podcast a few days ago wherein a former US Navy Seal was recounting his exploits in Afghanistan,

Joe Rogan podcast by any chance?, that episode was pretty good.

BoardinBob

Joe Rogan podcast by any chance?, that episode was pretty good.

+1

enfht
    Free Member

His death was too quick. Shame we were unable to extract the bastard.

hugo
    Free Member

The sad thing is that Mr Jihadi was just a pathetic puppet used for PR purposes. The reason he was put in front of the camera was because he had an English accent. I’m not sure this chap was a command and control influence for IS.

By glorifying his death we’re just as bad, and only adding to fear they’re trying to create. This guy was nothing, and the next person with a western accent, and who’s stupid enough, will be in front of the camera pronto.

He deserved to die. He also deserved to be actively ignored.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Reports say 4 people in the vehicle including one of the other “Beatles” also that a total of 14 airstrikes where launched over a 1 hour period in the centre of Raqqa. That sends a very strong signal to IS

iolo
    Free Member

And a great signal to the innocent bystanders probably killed. Poor bastards.

konabunny
    Free Member

That sends a very strong signal to IS

I imagine this will have really changed their world view now that they know the U.S. disapproves of their activities.

Junkyard
    Free Member

😆

bikebouy
    Free Member

Mr Woppit – Member
    You do realise that this is real life and not a game of football don’t you?
    Calm down, dear.

Yes it’s real life. Yes, I think that’s the message. No beating of chest, just a simple indication of what your fate will be if you go round videoing yourself cutting people’s heads off with knife thinking that you are protected by god and invulnerable.

Simples.

^^ this.

enfht
    Free Member

Sending ‘signals’ is pointless, they will not change, they will not stop. They all must be killed before they achieve the unthinkable.

moose
    Free Member

As a soldier, I’m all for wiping these scumbags off the face of the earth. But this bothers me, on the battlefield we’re not supposed to exploit enemy dead. It’s against the rules of war, law of armed conflict and general decency.

This is the same in my opinion. It should have just been a very simple press release to confirm that a high value target involved in the murder of multinational civilians has been targeted and prosecuted successfully.

DrJ

Capture and trial would’ve probably been better,

Kimbers you are obviously a friend of terrorists.

kimbers

Actually I’ve since learned he was an SClub7 fan, if Cameron had explained that in his statement outside number 10 with his special victory over the terrorists portable lectern, I think a lot more people wouldve understood the necessity of this assassination

moose
    Free Member

Kimbers. I like it. I also heard he was a big fan of Katie Hopkins and Piers Morgan. Nuff said.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Well said moose. No need for this….very poor

copa
    Free Member

we are not disputing that Jihadi John was a vile piece of shit. he is a murderer plain and simple but glorifying his death will serve no purpose.

How do we know he killed anyone? It seems to be based purely on what the intelligence services say. Or is there some other reason for such certainty?

convert

As a friend of John Cantlie’s family I really hope this does not end poorly for him.

Bazz

+1 Moose, well said.

I am not bothered in the least that he is dead, it does seem a bit grasping at straws to me though, everyone admits that he was a no one in the hierarchy of IS though so this almost looks like a “We need good news” strike, hence all the media attention.

Reading between the lines, we’re making bugger all progress.

And after the fiasco of the US claiming that they had killed the same high value target three times in Libya this year i do wonder, how will we ever know.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I wonder if a woman flew the weapon?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 103 total)

The topic ‘Jihadi John yesterday….’ is closed to new replies.