Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Jersey for a family holiday
  • cobrakai

I’ve got some last minute leave and we’re thinking of Jersey for 5 days. Me, wifey and 4 year old.

Any good tips or advice?

We usually do self catered cottages but open to suggestions.

sgn23
    Free Member

Head to Greve de Lecq (beach) and your little one will be happy all day playing in the stream and building dams. Lunch at Colleen’s cafe.
    Jersey seafaris rib tours are consistently seeing dolphins on their trips.
    Historical sites will probably be too challenging for a 4yo, but they are excellent. Get the amphibious vehicle over to Elizabeth castle at high tide.
    Good short walks on Grosnez common, with awesome view to the other islands, plus a castle and German military bunkers.
    Hire a car to make the most of it and explore all the beaches.
    Breakfast at el Tico cafe on St Ouen’s watching the surfers.
    If the sun shines Jersey beaches are better than anywhere in the Med.
    Not many decent self catering options unfortunately, but you should be ok out of school holidays.

dc2.0

Went loads when the kids were young. We liked St Brelades Bay Area. Went back last year for the first time in a while and stayed in these self catering cottages. Attached to a hotel so you can use pool and restaurant if you want..

https://www.laplacejersey.com/country-cottages

doordonot
    Free Member

Depends on the weather. Take two just in case. Might be worth taking a jacket too.

daviek

isn’t there a butterfly farm there? i seem to remember that from a holiday from when i was younger but might be getting confused with Torquay. The German underground hospital is really good but a bit much for a 4 year old. It’s been over 30 years since I was there as a kid but those are the two things I remember the most.

Kamakazie

The Butterfly Farm is a blast from the past. Think it closed about 20 years ago!
    There is a new butterfly exhibit at the zoo (Durrell) though – that’s always a good day.

cobrakai

Good tips thanks. I’m a WW2 history buff so might slope off for a morning on my own.

Any good cycle hire places that could provide a mac ride type seat or trailer?

sgn23
    Free Member

Try Aaron’s bikes for hire or Big Maggie’s (bit more roady oriented)

slackalice
    Free Member

@doordonot – my initial thoughts too 😉😂

burko73

If you’re going to jersey and you’ve got a passport why not go the extra step to Brittany? Lots to see and do…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Jersey for a family holiday’ is closed to new replies.