Viewing 40 posts - 15,801 through 15,840 (of 21,377 total)
  • Jeremy Corbyn
  • rone

How is that going ?

The thing is the Tories manage to spend and have nothing to show for it.

Penny-wise but pound foolish.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@kerly pretty well, I’ll find you the graph. Spending money is easy, we know Labour can do that.

kimbers

soecific new IHT measure

and in a stunning u-turn added a cap (that protects the assets of the wealthiest above a certain amount)

ctk
    Free Member

She’s a **** blowhard who turns at the first sign of trouble!

Corbyn is like a **** rock compared!

:~)

rone

Spending money is easy, we know Labour can do that.

It’s a myth.

Since 1979 Labour have had four budget surplus’s – the Tories have had two.

ctk
    Free Member

Said it before but the TORIES BORROW MORE PER YEAR in office than Labour.

seosamh77
    Free Member

kimbers – Member
    soecific new IHT measure
    and in a stunning u-turn added a cap (that protects the assets of the wealthiest above a certain amount)

yip.

jambalaya
    Free Member

From bad to worse. So Woman’s Hour is biased ( 🙂 ) and presenter Emma Barnett a “Zionist”. In fairness Corbyn has condemmed these comments

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/uk_592d5a5be4b0df57cbfd3e07

jambalaya
    Free Member

The wealthiest don’t pay IHT as it’s easy to plan for. Thr unprepared pay IHT

jambalaya
    Free Member

@crk because they inherit the deficit from Labour ? It’s bloody difficult to turn that around you know

seosamh77
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member
    The wealthiest don’t pay IHT as it’s easy to plan for.

quite good when the government do the preparation for ye.

martinhutch

How about this one for a pre-interview smear?

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:aXHTuDI3IuUJ:https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2017/05/the-sins-of-the-father/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

He’s now had to retract it completely after ‘doing some research’ post-publication. Otherwise known as ‘hearing from Emma’s lawyers’, I suspect.

Junkyard
    Free Member

#jambyfact

kimbers

Guess who brought some home made jam along to The One Show today 🙂

once again when interviewed he comes across as genuine, likeable and about 10x more human than the Maybot

big_n_daft
    Free Member

The wealthiest don’t pay IHT as it’s easy to plan for. Thr unprepared pay IHT

Just ask the Milibands

rone

Last 26 years. 13 years a piece in total.

Total Conservative overall deficits for the 13 years: £ 1068.1 billion (average £82.2 billion per year).

Total Labour 1997/98 to 2009/10 overall deficits for the 13 years: £496.4 billion (average £38.2 billion per year).

You cannot make it up. But you can of course.

@crk because they inherit the deficit from Labour ? It’s bloody difficult to turn that around you know

Weirdly Labour managed it in 1998.

ctk
    Free Member
    scotroutes

YouGov poll for The Times showing a hung parliament……

pondo

jambalaya –
    @kerly pretty well, I’ll find you the graph.

Still waiting for the “Tories addressing the deficit” graph.

kimbers

scotroutes – Member
    YouGov poll for The Times showing a hung parliament…..

as much as Id love to see it (is it possible to die of schadenfreude?)

I still think May will win by a fair margin, though not the landslide she expected

pondo

Crikey, she really IS smashing it!

greentricky
    Free Member

Just reading how they have tried to weight the pollings differently this time around as labour supporters dont turn out, providing that continues like last time the polls should be pretty accurate but if Corbyn has mobilised the youth vote the polls really underestimate labour

jambalaya
    Free Member

Just ask the Milibands

Indeed, I didn’t even realise it was possible to change someone’s will after they had died.

BoardinBob

I still think May will win by a fair margin, though not the landslide she expected

Probably

Idiots will capitulate at the last second and vote tory.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@pondo & @kerley here you go, net borrowing as a proxy for budget deficit

BoardinBob

How about these two graphs…
    [img]http://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/include/ukgs_chartDp12t.png[/img]

BoardinBob

Stolen from a post on FB, but is pretty damn good

‘Here’s what I’m really struggling to understand. All I’ve ever heard from people, for years, is
    “bloody bankers and their bonuses”
    “bloody rich and their offshore tax havens “
    “bloody politicians with their lying and second homes”
    “bloody corporations paying less tax than me”
    “bloody Establishment, they’re all in it together”
    “it’ll never change, there’s no point in voting”

And quite rightly so, I said all the same things.

But then someone comes along that’s different. He upsets the bankers and the rich. The Tory politicians hate him along with most of the labour politicians. The corporations throw more money at the politicians to keep him quiet. And the Establishment is visibly shaken. I’ve never seen the Establishment so genuinely scared of a single person.

So the media arm of the establishment gets involved. Theresa phones Rupert asking what he can do, and he tells her to keep her mouth shut, don’t do the live debate, he’ll sort this out. So the media goes into overdrive with…
    “she’s strong and stable”
    “he’s a clown”
    “he’s not a leader”
    “look he can’t even control his own party”
    “he’ll ruin the economy”
    “how’s he gonna pay for it all?!”
    “AND he’s a terrorist sympathiser, burn him, burn the terrorist sympathiser”

And what do we? We’ve waited forever for an honest politician to come along but instead of getting behind him we bow to the establishment like good little workers. They whistle and we do a little dance for them. We run around like hypnotised robots repeating headlines we’ve read, all nodding and agreeing. Feeling really proud of ourselves because we think we’ve came up with our very own first political opinion. But we haven’t, we haven’t came up with anything. This is how you tell. No matter where someone lives in the country, they’re repeating the same headlines, word for word. From Cornwall to Newcastle people are saying
    “he’s a clown”
    “he’s a threat to the country”
    “she’s strong and stable”
    “he’ll take us back to the 70s”

And there’s nothing else, there’s no further opinion. There’s no evidence apart from 1 radio 5 interview that isn’t even concrete evidence, he actually condemns the violence of both sides in the interview. There’s no data or studies or official reports to back anything up. Try and think really hard why you think he’s a clown, other than the fact he looks like a geography teacher. (no offence geography teachers) because he hasn’t done anything clownish from what I’ve seen.

And you’re not on this planet if you think the establishment and the media aren’t all in it together.

You think Richard Branson, who’s quietly winning NHS contracts, wants Corbyn in?

You think Rupert Murdoch, who’s currently trying to widen his media monopoly by buying sky outright, wants Jeremy in?

You think the Barclay brothers, with their offshore residencies, want him in?

You think Philip Green, who stole all the pensions from BHS workers and claims his wife owns Top Shop because she lives in Monaco, wants Corbyn in?

You think the politicians, both Labour and Tory, with their second homes and alcohol paid for by us, want him in?

You think Starbucks, paying near zero tax, wants him in?

You think bankers, with their multi million pound bonuses, want him in?

And do you think they don’t have contact with May? Or with the media? You honestly think that these millionaires and billionaires are the sort of people that go “ah well, easy come easy go, it was nice while it lasted”?? I wouldn’t be if my personal fortune was at risk, I’d be straight on the phone to Theresa May or Rupert Murdoch demanding this gets sorted immediately.

Because here’s a man, a politician that doesn’t lie, he can’t lie, he could have said whatever would get him votes anytime he wanted but he hasn’t. He lives in a normal house like us and uses the bus just like us. He’s fought for justice and peace for nearly 40 years. He has no career ambitions. And his seat is untouchable. That’s one of the greatest testimonies. No one comes close to removing him from his constituency, election after election. Why? Because he’s a man of his word. Finally there’s someone who wants to fight for the opinions of the majority, despite what his personal feelings are. He’s willing to put his own agenda to one side to fight for the common consensus. That’s what makes a great leader otherwise it is a dictatorship.

His Manifesto is fully costed. It all adds up, yes there’s some borrowing but that’s just to renationalise the railway, you know we already subsidise them and they make profit yeah? One more time… WE subsidise the railway companies and they walk away with a profit, just try and grasp the level of piss taking going on there.

Unlike the Tory manifesto with a £9 billion hole, their figures don’t even add up.

And it benefits all of us, young, old, working, disabled, everyone. The only people it hurts are the establishment, the rich, the bankers, the top 5% highest earners.

Good, **** them, it’s long overdue. VOTE LABOUR.’

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Fantasy story? BBC drama? dream of a muddled mind?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Deep and incisive as always

aracer
    Free Member

Thanks for the Woman’s Hour video, jamba – very informative. I hadn’t heard it or seen the transcript before, so hadn’t realised quite how much of an arse Emma was being.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Deep and incisive as always

Always aim to please

ctk
    Free Member

greentricky – Member

Just reading how they have tried to weight the pollings differently this time around as labour supporters dont turn out, providing that continues like last time the polls should be pretty accurate but if Corbyn has mobilised the youth vote the polls really underestimate labour

Yougov just report the polling as it comes. I believe some of the polls are trying to correct for young voters not turning out and other factors.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

big_n_daft – Member

Fantasy story? BBC drama? dream of a muddled mind? [/quote]

Thanks for that big n daft, I generally lack the patience to read long-winded posts but when I saw your disapproving comment I knew that one would be worth it. And indeed it was. So thanks again – without your comment I wouldn’t have bothered reading it.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Emma Barnett is Jewish. Hence all the Corbyinstas “Zionist” Twitter abuse following the interview today. At least Corbyn was quicker to comdem it this time than on prior occasions

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/emma-barnett-abused-on-social-media-after-corbyn-interview-1.439367

v8ninety

Emma Barnett is Jewish…. Corbyinstas “Zionist” Twitter abuse … Corbyn …

Oh do change the **** record. You’ve already said that. Any opportunity to get Corbyn and ‘jewish’ in some negative manner in the same post, and you’ll take it, at least twice. It’s muck slinging, plain and simple.

aracer
    Free Member

So Corbyn condemned the abuse and apologised for not having the figures on instant recall. Is Emma going to apologise for her suggestion that him having to look up a figure shows we can’t trust Labour with money (an accusation which certainly doesn’t follow from the evidence she’s trying to use for it)? TBH she comes across as pretty abusive and completely lacking impartiality herself in that interview.

I’ll point out again that I’m not a natural Labour supporter and still struggling to be convinced by Corbyn, but I’ve seen through what the media is doing, and if they’re so determined to take him down he must be doing something right (to some extent though my political leanings are influenced in exactly the way the media is trying to swing the election, that I’ll vote against the leader I think would make a rubbish PM 😉 )

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Emma Barnett is Jewish. Hence all the Corbyinstas “Zionist” Twitter abuse following the interview today.

I don’t think it was the fact that Emma Barnett is Jewish that was the issue, it’s the fact that unlike Corbyn she is anti-Palestinian and pro-Israeli/Zionist.

It is of course perfectly possible to be Jewish and anti-Zionist.

As Mira Bar Hillel, a Jewish journalist who has been abused Emma Barnett, points out in her article in the Independent :

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/there-s-nothing-new-about-conflating-criticism-of-israel-with-anti-semitism-9629803.html

To her credit, although the rabbi and I represented opposing views, Ms Barnett was equally rude and patronising about both of us. I was, she decided, speaking for “self-loathing Israelis”.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Let’s put it this way folks, as the Tories keep telling us, this is a straight choice, Corbyn or May.

Have a wee look at how May has been doing as PM. She’s utterly terrible, do you really want 5 years of that?

Corbyn may not be ideal, but what he’s doing right now is showing us that he can grow into the job.

May hasn’t a scooby.

frankconway

Neither May nor Corbyn give me any cause to be optimistic – for differing reasons.

May’s personalisation of the election – which has been toned down a bit – is a real turn off. Her assertions about experience of negotiating with european leaders are fantasy; what has she negotiated either with the EU or in the UK?
    The uncosted manifesto is also a cause for concern.
    She appears to be incapable of ‘thinking on her feet’.
    Her senior team – except for Amber Rudd who has been visible only due to the mass murder in manchester – are doing and saying……what?

Corbyn is undoubtedly a man of deeply held principles but does not appear to have any leadership ability.
    The ‘fully costed’ manifesto is welcome but based on naive assumptions that corporations and wealthy individuals will sit idly while corporation tax rises & higher rate taxes are implemented. Experience tells us they won’t.
    Neither he nor his team have any demonstrable strategic/high level/international negotiation experience.
    Corbyn’s age and energy are concerns; Tom Watson has been almost invisible during the election campaign and would he want to become leader? McDonnell impresses but is not leadership material.
    Momentum is a malign influence.

So, do I/we vote for local candidate – based on local considerations – or for labour/tory party? Any other vote is nothing more than a weak protest.

Bill Clinton said……’It’s the economy, stupid’.
    That will – or should – be the biggest consideration in this election; our economic future is irrevocably tied to the brexit negotiations and that scares me s**tless.

If only we could re-run the brexit referendum – with what is, now, a much better informed electorate.

Am still applying for Irish passport – Irish mother, born in Eire etc – and looking to buy in France but deeply concerned about UK.
    Wonder how Cameron feels about the shit storm his blasé attitude has dumped on us?

Viewing 40 posts - 15,801 through 15,840 (of 21,377 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.