Viewing 40 posts - 6,681 through 6,720 (of 21,377 total)
  • Jeremy Corbyn
  • AlexSimon

Hang on, you’re claiming knowledge of current Labour Policy, and you specifically cited Trident as a policy that had be publicized because it’s decisive.

So spill the beans, lets see all this policy the press don’t want us to know about. Where is it? Divisive not decisive 🙂 So I said the press do want to raise it.
    It’s currently as you said – from previous conference – to maintain “continuous at-sea nuclear deterrent”. But there will be a free vote in parliament. I can’t see the official policy changing until conference.

I’m not a member of the Labour Party btw and have never voted Labour – just following with interest.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Do we know who Judith is yet? Her email was a masterpiece. Does she post/lurk here?

AlexSimon

So… to summarise…. everything to stay exactly as it is now please?

Well – except you can have a 3KW vacuum cleaner – I mean that’s what everyone wanted wasn’t it?

dragon
    Free Member

Corbyn was opposed on Trident by the some of the unions, not just the PLP. The unions were split on this one, as the ones that represent the Trident works are for and others against.

molgrips
    Free Member

Those IRA ‘links’ are pretty tenuous, and the Telegraph article is a hatchet job.

One of the things it cites is a letter from a reader of the magazine ffs.

outofbreath
    Free Member

Those IRA ‘links’ are pretty tenuous

This is your question:

How could a lifelong pacifist be friends with terrorists? It makes no sense.

This is my answer:

I was asking myself that a year or so ago and did a bit of googling. AFAICT he was friends with the IRA because they’re a bit Marxist and he was friends with Hamas and Hezbollah ‘cos they are opposed to Israel.

mefty
    Free Member

Telegraph article is a hatchet job

Of course it is.

cites is a letter from a reader of the magazine ffs

A magazine which Jeremy Corbyn happened to be General Secretary to the Editorial Board.

outofbreath
    Free Member

The evidence is good enough. Militant lefties visited IRA meetings etc. They didn’t do the same for Loyalist terror groups so asking the question “Why pick the IRA?” is reasonable.

I’m pretty sure Marxism is the link, and I can’t find an alternative reason. Certainly Molegrips hasn’t suggested an alternative reason.

yunki
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HANRC63mNXg[/video]

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Those IRA ‘links’ are pretty tenuous, and the Telegraph article is a hatchet job.

Isn’t it just? I tried my best to read it as it was posted by mefty, I wouldn’t have bothered had been ninfan or Jamba, I thought it might have been a serious article. I gave up about after the first few paragraphs.

Example : “The editorial board of a hard-Left magazine, of which Mr Corbyn was a member, wrote an article praising the Brighton bombing.” If that was the case prosecutions would have followed.

Another example : “It can also be revealed that in 2004 Mr McDonnell, now Labour’s shadow chancellor, was given a special award by Sinn Fein” Sinn Fein is a legal organisation which a quarter of voters in Northern Ireland vote for. They are freely allowed to stand in Westminster elections.

I stopped after that.

kimbers

I’m pretty sure that it wold be opposition to the Torys support of loyalists if there was a link

http://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/rte-documentary-uncovers-government-collusion-with-loyalist-paramilitaries-31296370.html

A top RUC officer raised the issue of paramilitary collusion personally with Margaret Thatcher but his concerns were ignored, an explosive new documentary will claim.

Former head of Special Branch Raymond White said that the message he received from the then Government on the use of agents in the dirty war was “carry on – just don’t get caught”.

mefty
    Free Member

I stopped after that.

If you had read further, you would have seen the article in question is reproduced and the quotes are all there.

My problem with Corbyn past associations with the IRA/Sein Fein and Hamas and Hezbollah is that his explanations show at best a remarkably incurious mind, at worst a wilful blindness to their methods.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Do you have a problem with the author of the article, Andrew Gilligan, being a paid employee of a terrorist state ?

“Lest we forget, the man is a paid employee of the Islamic Republic of Iran. He hosts his own show on the state-funded English-language Iranian broadcaster, Press TV.”[/b]

The truth about Andrew Gilligan – The Telegraph man’s links to Iran.

Can you imagine the reaction if it was reported that Corbyn had hosted his own show on Iranian State TV? 😆

mefty
    Free Member

Can you imagine the reaction if it was reported that Corbyn had hosted his own show on Iranian state TV?

Although he hasn’t presented a show on it, he was quite happy to paid quite significant sums to appear on it according to his register of interests.

EDIT: I missed your point.

molgrips
    Free Member

A magazine which Jeremy Corbyn happened to be General Secretary to the Editorial Board.

A situation about which you know nothing. But still

MAKES YOU THINK, EH?!

🙄

RustySpanner

Self moderated.
    🙂

mefty
    Free Member

When you have had a friend assassinated by the IRA, it does make you think.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m sorry about your friend. But – actually, not sure. Can you elaborate?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’m sorry your friend was assassinated by the IRA. However I don’t think that is anymore relevant than if Corbyn had a friend who was assassinated by Loyalists or the British army.

So anyway getting back to Andrew Gilligan who likes to smear Corbyn, surely the fact that both Gilligan and Hezbollah have received Iranian state funding proves beyond doubt Gilligan’s guilt through association?

Luckily for Andrew Gilligan despite being a rather powerful man, more than most elected politicians, who can break politicians, manipulate public opinion, and influence elections, he never has to worry about being elected to anything.

Power with no accountability. Lucky ol’ Gilligan.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Corbyn has always been anti-establishment so he’s a natural conduit for the IRA, Hamas and Hezbollah, Cage etc. Its very rare for politicians to engage with such orgnanizations so he is a goldmine. Now I think he does so with good intentions but he is deeply misguided in this conduct as he allows his position as an MP to be misused. This is magnified 100 times over now as leader of the Labour Party. You can see this is his continued connections with people who hold extreme views such as being strongly homophobic or deniers of the holocaust.

With regard to abuse and intimidation we are seeing here in the UK what I see regularly in France in that it is the hard left, particularly the youth who are by far the greatest protagonists. Angela Eagle today signed a pledge as a direct challenge to Corbyn to do the same to ensure those campaigning for her will do so with respect and decency.

The Huffington Post has picked up on something I and others have been saying from some time that Corbyn is a magnate for the extreme left and he is turing a blind eye as it suits him politically

Entryism

seosamh77
    Free Member

When yer struggling bring up this nonsense… don’t engage.

outofbreath
    Free Member

“Corbyn has always been anti-establishment so he’s a natural conduit for the IRA, Hamas and Hezbollah, Cage etc.”

I don’t really buy that as a sole reason. It would be a hell of a coincidence if the only terrorists groups he had contact with just happened to support causes he supports. I’m still going for Marxism/Israel.

molgrips
    Free Member

Now I think he does so with good intentions but he is deeply misguided in this conduct as he allows his position as an MP to be misused

That.

yunki
    Free Member

I suppose the question has to be.. Are the right wing idiots that we see on here representative of the wider electorate?

Cos there are some proper flipping weirdos here and that’s undeniable

Nipper99
    Free Member

Did you see C4 news and the NEC member reduced almost to tears!!!

Junkyard
    Free Member

My problem with Corbyn past associations with the IRA/Sein Fein and Hamas and Hezbollah is that his explanations show at best a remarkably incurious mind, at worst a wilful blindness to their methods.

I think he knew they were terrorists . They did not keep it very secret as that is a really really rubbish way to be a terrorist.

I think his view was that in order to secure peace you need to talk to the enemy.

Can you remind me how we secured peace in NI?

outofbreath
    Free Member

“Did you see C4 news and the NEC member reduced almost to tears!!!”

I did. I think JC was spot on though, if the procedure is for a public vote then that procedure should be followed.

If she’s receives 2000 abusive mails that’s a job for the police.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Did you see C4 news and the NEC member reduced almost to tears!!!

I did not, is it as per @outofbreath above ?

2000 abusive emails are a job for Police and the Labour Party under its duty of care.

Nipper99
    Free Member

I think the point she was making was that people on the NEC were genuinely fearful for their personal safety and JC opposed a secret ballot.

molgrips
    Free Member

Smith promises second EU referendum.. interesting… Someone had to come out and say it.

ctk
    Free Member

She was also in tears on Radio 4 World at One this lunch time.

“We had threats” (of legal action if Corbyn not on the ballot)

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Nipper thanks

@molgrips, political expediency. We’ll have triggered A50 by 2020 imo

binners

Boris Johnson is now Foreign Secretary.

Its at times like this you wish the 2 warring factions of the labour party didn’t ironically resemble a Malcolm Tucker quote….

“Oh…. Laurel and ****ing Hardy! Glad you could join us. Did you manage to get that piano up the stairs OK?”

😥

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Good to see Tom Watson getting some nice funding coming through to help him run his office…..

molgrips
    Free Member

political expediency

That’s what I meant – it’s a political play. But he’s the first person to come out and say it – which is a little surprising given how pro-remain most MPs are (or were).

allthepies
    Free Member

£200k

Nice work, errrr, comrade.

outofbreath
    Free Member

I think the point she was making was that people on the NEC were genuinely fearful for their personal safety and JC opposed a secret ballot.

Yup, that was her point.

But I’m still with JC on the topic. If the NEC usually vote in public, that should be maintained in spite of threats. You can’t change the rules for thugs.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nice work, errrr, comrade.

Do you reckon there was a whip round?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Baxter’s C4 interview (from 4:45) what’s particularly shocking is she voted for him to be on the ballot but she still received much abuse and Corbyn does nothing to quell it. Platitudes are worth nothing without action

C4 news – Labour

Viewing 40 posts - 6,681 through 6,720 (of 21,377 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.