Viewing 40 posts - 5,121 through 5,160 (of 21,377 total)
  • Jeremy Corbyn
  • ctk
    Free Member

Half-hearted ? When did this become true?

Wasn’t Alan Johnson in charge?

Media only interested in Tory in fighting.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Stage 1 get yourself into the media debate.
    Stage 2 arrange a large wooden horse for your support in the country to infiltrate your party at, let’s say, 3 quid a pop.
    Stage 3 use your new power base to promote your few PLP buddies to the front bench.
    Stage 4 appear, reluctantly.to back the eventual loser in an international political earthquake when everybody knows you’re lying through your teeth about it.
    Stage 4 then provoke a showdown in the PLP resulting in sackings and resignations.
    Stage 5 complete the takeover.

Stage 6…. Hello SDP 2.0.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Benn on Marr now. No punches pulled so far ….

“a good and decent man, but not a leader…..”

NSS!!!!

jambalaya
    Free Member

I thought it started at 9 – buggar booting computer niw

Damn forget to reset my watch 🙁

Junkyard
    Free Member

I suspect corbyn supporters will still support him as and the last research I saw showed that he easily had enough grass roots support tp win another vote

Clearly he cannot carry the PLP and the labour party is split between members and elected officials

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I suspect corbyn supporters will still support him as and the last research I saw showed that he easily had enough grass roots support tp win another vote

But what about the disaffected? Nobody gets elected by their own supporters (to PM) they need the rest

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Hilary will “reluctantly” allow himself to be persuaded by the rest of the anti-Corbyn PLP to run for the leadership.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Junky – yes I susoect they will still vote for him in any challenge but its curious as he’s delivered a Leave vote by his relative inaction. What I wondered is if many of those Momentum types ahd voted Leave as per left leave etc

AD

I have voted Labour in every general/council election I have been able to (1992). I live in the North and work in manufacturing. Presumably this makes me a ‘core labour voter?’

I am pro-Europe, pro-nuclear power and pro-Trident.

I will never vote for the labour party with Corbyn in charge. Elections are won from the centre ground. Doesn’t matter how popular you are with your momentum pals.

PS my current view is Corbyn is desperate to get to the Hutton report publication so he can tell us all how vindicated he is. In the meantime Rome burns.

Just realised how rambling my post it – **** it – I’m going to ride over some passes now because I am so hacked off with what my country and party seem to have become.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-politics-36570120
    Clever games, get the crisis in while the Tories get in line for theirs, by Tuesday the front pages will be about Tory Civil war – well if more than one has the balls to step up. Didn’t somebody mention a Major moment again….

DrJ

IDS on Marr just now confirming that 350m was a lie.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Tuesday mike? Sunday Torygraphy already has this as its headline

Both major parties in a bloody mess. We have unleashed some “interesting” events now…..interesting and appalling in equal measure.

Extraordinary times to have a political vacuum with FA leadership. Great…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

THM, at least it’s not come out in the streets yet… going to be plenty of it and hard to find a cabinet for a bit

Stoner
    Free Member

a muddy, Tubby Watson, on his way back from Glasto to paddle about in some more shit back at westminster 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

DrJ yawn, that’s not what he said at all. What he said it was up to the Government of the day to decide.

@AD not rambling at all, coherant and totally understandable stance.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Stoner top repost ! Have met him a few times at Hacked Off events

DrJ

DrJ yawn, that’s not what he said at all. What he said it was up to the Government of the day to decide

He said that support to farmers, Wales etc would have to continue, and of what was left some may be spent on the NHS. The promise was to spend 350m on the NHS. Lie.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

DrJ yawn, that’s not what he said at all. What he said it was up to the Government of the day to decid

yep so true, remind me again who does he work for…. and why is it not 350 million. It’s as if some idiot wrote it on the side of a bus or something

DrJ

Elections are won from the centre ground.

Have you noticed the results of a referendum we had recently?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Jambas, it ok, folk can start telling the truth now, The end has been achieved, the means can change now surely…?

Judging by this morning, perhaps not.

JMcD just had a tricky 5 mins with Neill

5thElefant
    Free Member

Have you noticed the results of a referendum we had recently?

Virtually 50:50? Don’t get more central than that.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and to put this government of the day stuff to bed

BoJo/Gove/IDS etc. are at the forefront of the party of government and in the event of a decisive victory odds on to pick up the 3 top jobs. Making claims and running away from them tells you exactly what you need to hear. they don’t give a **** about the people or the country.
    they have tricked lied and bluffed their way to get them over the line.
    They now are at the point where a ponzi scheme comes unstuck, all those promises are to be repaid and delivered on.

Letting them off with “they were only ideas” is BS

jambalaya
    Free Member

TMH at the Referendum debate Boris used the £10bn figure as the amount available

The Remain side are clutching at straws here, people in Sunderland didn’t vote Leave because of what’s written on a red bus

DrJ

@5th – as jamba put it:

Wishful thinking. the Leave vote in the North of England was very strong, ie in support of the central UKIP pollicy.

DrJ

The Remain side are clutching at straws here, people in Sunderland didn’t vote Leave because of what’s written on a red bus

Eh? Did they see the bus and say “I recognise that is an idea not a promise or a proposal, and in any case refers to a gross figure and not the actual funds available. Nevertheless I will walk my whippet down to the polling station and vote Leave ”

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Given your insightful and in depth exit polling which was it?
    Fear of immigration
    Racism
    Shit life created by successive governments operating with lots of CONTROL over the UK
    Lack of opportunity?

How does Labour represent them? Do they want to? Should they?

5thElefant
    Free Member

@5th – as jamba put it:

The extremes would always vote one way or another. The centre is the only area you can influence. Telling racist halfwits foreigners are a good thing will not work ever. Telling middle aged middle managers who dislike unaccountable EU beurocrats to suck it up might.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Jambas, mon ami, keep believing what you WANT to believe.

Blair, yes him, actually said something sensible on Andrew Neil. The devil really is in the detail so you boys better stop bluffing and work out what to do. This IS serious it’s not longer a silly Tory game of who’s next in the hot seat.

Powerful events have been set off that we don’t know how to deal with. We have to have some leadership and no one is stepping up to the plate. Indeed they are all looking after number one. Pathetic.

mt
    Free Member

Anyone listen to Frank Field on the radio Sat am? He’s no fan of Blairites and not to impressed with JC after referendum. Thought he spoke much sense and would (to me) make a Labour leader I could support. Its just my view I’m not assassinating JC just trying to be practical as I think he could make most Tories look like numpties to much of the electorate.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Agreed on Blair generally talks sense, sadly large sections of the Labour Party aren’t willing to listen.

I never saw this as a game which is why for the first time ever I personally took part in campaigning.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@mike

Below is not my priority order but what I heard

No doubt the insanity of uncontrolled immigration a system which exists no where else in the world was a major issue, probably the number 1.

Second-ish I think was lack of democracy at the EU combined with the move to the Euroepean superstate

I say Second-ish as the Remain campaign’s involvement of external agents like Obama and political organisation’s like IMF and the accusations of “racism” created a strong FU response. I spoke to a neighbour yesterday who said those accusations in particular hardened her view to vote Leave

yunki
    Free Member

How would the Corbyn supporters who elected him to the leadership have voted in the Referendum ? (Remain I imagine) What is their reaction to his half hearted campaigning ? Will they continue to support him as they are somewhat conflicted ?

When you talk about Corbyn supporters, are you talking about party members or the electorate?
    I’m very quickly discovering that capering about like buffoons slapping one another with red herrings seems to be the public face of modern politics..

I don’t think Corbyn’s lacklustre campaigning over the referendum will have any bearing on his popularity to be honest.. The referendum was a ridiculous double edged sword with neoliberal capitalism winning either way.. I’m not surprised that he refused to fully engage with the whole sordid farce

All this smoke and mirrors, distraction techniques and propaganda machinery are diametrically opposed to Corbyn’s transparent politics

Now that the latest slight of hand trick is over, as the referendum fever fades, I think that the bullshit you deal in will fast become an outdated joke

mikey74
    Free Member

I say Second-ish as the Remain campaign’s involvement of external agents like Obama and political organisation’s like IMF and the accusations of “racism” created a strong FU response. I spoke to a neighbour yesterday who said those accusations in particular hardened her view to vote Leave

That is no basis on which to make such an important decision, and is just indicative of the problem with the referendum as a whole.

DrJ

I see. So accusations of racism led your neighbour to vote with a racist mob. Naturally.

Stoner
    Free Member

I spoke to a neighbour yesterday who said those accusations in particular hardened her view to vote Leave

I’ve found similar.

The “deserters will be shot” line from Brussels just wound up Leave voters moreso.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Great so Immigration that happen across the EU – it might amaze you but under the awesome Aussie scheme we still have this sort of fear of immigrants. Leave exploited the fear though and never turned down the support of the right wing.

The EU superstate BS again, more pedalling fear

Great, no actual real reasons and a lot of smoke and mirrors. That is the biggest problem going forward. The leave vote will not fix any of the problems some of these people have. With an abandonment of the 350 million, immigration etc. within 24 hrs of the vote leave might just have found out how other parties/campaigners felt. Good luck when they ask again

Stoner
    Free Member

yunki:

https://twitter.com/election_data/status/746970961761669120

In my poll of Labour members from February 81% were voting to Remain. 82% of those who voted for JC in the leadership contest were Remain.

5thElefant
    Free Member

The “deserters will be shot” line from Brussels just wound up Leave voters moreso.

Yes, as soon as the threats from Europe appeared I thought that would be worth a couple of points for leave.

yunki
    Free Member

well of course… remain was obviously the least troublesome outcome

what’s your point stoner?

zokes
    Free Member

Perhaps the turkeys should have listened?

Viewing 40 posts - 5,121 through 5,160 (of 21,377 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.