• This topic has 79 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by tang.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)
  • #Jennride – Cotswolds – 11th October
  • tang
    Free Member

Cotswold #JennRide
    11th October

3hr ish Cotswold classic ride led by top 24hr racer Rickie Cotter in aid of the Singletrack collection for Jenn’s chosen charities, all proceeds to Cancer research & Macmillan Support. Starting with cake and tea/coffee, ending with soup and more cake. Bring your legs, smiles and a donation of cake if you can, plus cash for the collection.
    If you’ve raced at Oktoberfest the day before and are a bit tired pop in for a cuppa and cake.

9am for a cuppa/faff, 10am off, back for lunch and a raffle from Saddleback Elite Products.
    Loads of Parking, toilets and inside/outside seating.

Ruskin Mill College
    The Fisheries
    Horsley
    Gloucestershire
    GL6 0PL

Drop me a line tangwyn@gmail.com if you’re coming so we can get an idea of numbers and make sure I make enough soup! Due to injury I might not ride so the Cotswold Massif tea van of old might find you along the way!

qwerty
    Free Member

“led by a top xc racer” isn’t selling it to us mortals…. but pencil me in, it’s added to my calendar, i’ll bail if she has a power meter 😉

tang
    Free Member

She is a machine, but don’t worry, social pace!

DavidB
    Free Member

Wish i could do this. I’ve ridden with Rickie and can guarantee top banter and smiles. She is great and I didn’t spot a power meter anywhere near her MTB.

v666ern
    Free Member

Due to injury

you make it sound like a stubbed toe 😯

bikebouy
    Free Member

Brilliant idea, too early for me to diary it, so have fun.

peteimpreza

I am in , can we go by the Stroud brewery?

They open at 11am on Sunday mornings!!

😀

tang
    Free Member

😀 no chance Pete!

peteimpreza

😥

willard

If I can get a pass, I’ll try and get there. Is there anywhere nearby I can park up in the van overnight that’s _NOT_ a dogging spot? I don’t fancy a three hour drive before a ride.

tang
    Free Member

Possibly…I will mail you later!

IHN

Bugger, I’m away 🙁

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It’s a long way for me but there’s half a chance I can make it…..

jeffl

Doing Oktoberfest the day before but will drag my arse outa bed early and meet up on the way home to Derbyshire. Go easy on me I’m fat and slow at the best of times 🙂

tang
    Free Member

Rickie is going to do a loop with bail options at various points, so if you fancy 1 or two hours out you’ll be fine. I’ll be at the canteen with the kettle on! Lovely walks here if you’re bringing a non rider/kids. Everyone welcome!

qwerty
    Free Member

Is there a creche available? Apparently i have child care….

peteimpreza

Podster, you know where there is a bed for you and K if required

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

I’m in too – yes please! (If I can get a day off on license from el GF). Sounds great!

If there’s gonna be a super-super slow short ride group – she might even want to join the ride too.. 😀

Edit: Just seen there’s a canteen at base camp with walks attached! That might be able to keep her amused for a couple of hours – and perhaps she can talk novice female bike-stuff with a fellow novice female biker. Hmmmm…

mboy
    Free Member

May well join in for this one… Will bring the GF too if I’m coming.

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Oh yes….I’ll be there 😛

qwerty
    Free Member

A Cotswold trail earlier today………

[/url]Misty woodland trail by martinddd, on Flickr[/img]

grtdkad

I’m in.

tang
    Free Member

Rickie missed the worlds 24 this year but reported that she still managed 400km last week and a full time job decorating. She’s tapering nicely for Sunday! You have been warned…

fatbobb
    Free Member

When you say ‘social’ is that the kind of pace where I could get off and walk if we were to go up the W’s or Black Quarries Hill type of incline? Can’t get up either of those. I’m crap at climbing.

tang
    Free Member

Yes, all welcome! I think ‘solidarity among our community & thinking of Jenn’ is the vibe, not a training ride or race! As mentioned Rickie will sort a route that can be peeled off at any point.

fatbobb
    Free Member

Sounds great – I’ll apply for my Sunday pass.

willard

I might be able to persuade a friend to come as well. Will let you know, but I’m definitely up for this.

mboy
    Free Member

Oh yes….I’ll be there

Are you sure you’re allowed off road these days?

Will you be able to cope with actually enjoying a bike ride again, rather than just doing it for the sake of it? 😉

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Mboy…..I have checked with my DS an so long as I walk down the hills and don’t go anywhere it’s muddy and I am certainly not aloud to enjoy myself, he said I should be fine.

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

fatbobb the W is only for going down (the ladder anyway) going up it is wrong, thats what New rd is for!

Hoping to make it down from Minch for the ride, just waiting for a pass (weekend of 11+ exam results…)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yup. I’ve got my hands on the car so I’ll be there. With cake…… 😀

frogstomp

Keep promising myself I’d ride more new places this year.. so I’m in!

fatbobb
    Free Member

dickyhepburn – Member

fatbobb the W is only for going down (the ladder anyway) going up it is wrong, thats what New rd is for!

I can just about manage New Rd if I’ve had a few liveners in the weighbridge beforehand. Oh, the lows and slows I’ll drag you down to should I get there.
    If you pass the 11 plus will you be allowed out to play on your bike, then?

tang
    Free Member

Our local sign makers (who ride) have kindly done 50 #Jennride cut frame decal (like the pro name stickers). Donation and I’ll offer up what’s left here after Sunday.

tang
    Free Member

Hobbs House Bakery(Fabulous baker brothers off TV) are providing some rolls for your soup!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

There’s soup? Somebody stop me! 🙂

tang
    Free Member

As injured host I’m doing a soup for lunch after the ride. I hope to ride a little, see how the burn is by Sunday. I think there will be a fair mountain of cake by the looks of things!!

willard

Caaaaaaaake!! Cake’s good. The only problem with cake is earning it though.

You’ve done a good job with the weather as well. Metcheck is showing warm-ish and clear right now. Good job!

tang
    Free Member

Frame stickers donated by the good folk at CR signs!

tang
    Free Member

The good folks at Castelli have donated a box of clothing so bring some ££. Bargain prices and all to the singletrack collection.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘#Jennride – Cotswolds – 11th October’ is closed to new replies.