• This topic has 79 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by tang.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • #Jennride – Cotswolds – 11th October
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Amazing. Just amazing.

I can see I’ll need to visit the hole in the wall on my way over. 🙂

tang
    Free Member

Bike ready.

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Hope your going to wash it before Sunday tang

tang
    Free Member

Nah! Well maybe, if I’ve got time…

qwerty
    Free Member

Is it inappropriate to dip cake in soup?

tang
    Free Member

Soup update: my wife had to go in for a minor emergency operation last night. I might not be able to manage soup. If not then filled rolls and loads of cake. I’ll do my best.

qwerty
    Free Member

Tang – Everyone just wants to ride their bikes, tea & cake is fine (please use an electric kettle), don’t stress the soup, we’ll be fine. Sounds like you’ve already set the #Jennride benchmark high! If you need a hand or some assistance while your dealing with home stuff, you have my email (and in profile), I lazing around today and can start early tomorrow.

qwerty
    Free Member

Wife & child labour available at base camp from 12 if required. Could bring stove, pan & bacon to convert your soup rolls into sarnies.

peteimpreza

“Tang – Everyone just wants to ride their bikes, tea & cake is fine (please use an electric kettle), don’t stress the soup, we’ll be fine. “

This

tang
    Free Member

Ok! As host and people are travelling I want to make sure you’re well fueled after Rickie has dealt with you! We have been donated rolls so they ought to make an appearance!
    My wife is home and fine plus my parents will be up tomorrow. I may not make the beginning of the ride as planned, but I’m good either end!

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

I’m just looking forward to an ace ride with like-minded peeps in aid of a good cause. No need to stress about soup, or rolls.

Cake, on the other hand. Is a different matter.. 😉

Looking forward to it! 😀

tang
    Free Member

Just had about £800 worth of Castelli stuff turn up!

mboy
    Free Member

Just had about £800 worth of Castelli stuff turn up!

Oh crap, this could get expensive! 😳

djflexure

Will head down too if thats Ok – will try and prize my son out of bed to accompany me (easier said than done).

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Cake, on the other hand. Is a different matter..

Fear not!
    I have this covered!
    Mrs PP has made this for us…..
    Rock buns, brownies, ginger biscuits plus a strictly limited edition of SIX ONLY hand made pork pies!!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/zApbuE]#jennride[/url] by Peter Atkin, on Flickr

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I could bring cheese and Branston for the rolls….?

tang
    Free Member

Yes please peter! I’ll bring butter and slice up some salad. Tea coffee sorted. Amazing Mrs P!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Consider it done, I’ve got a decent size block of mature cheddar and half a jar of pickle!

How many are we expecting, roughly?

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Erm……I might have a couple of snack size banana malt loafs I could bring along…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Amazing Mrs P!

MrsPP can’t come as she’s organises a regular charity event once a month, unluckily tomorrow, so she sent cake!
    She (and I) have met Jenn a couple of times at Dusk Till Dawn and Mayhem. I doubt she’d remember us but, well, you know, do I need to explain..?

mboy
    Free Member

Erm……I might have a couple of snack size banana malt loafs I could bring along…

I would take the piss but I can’t even muster that! I will bring money to buy cake with though…

frogstomp

More chocolate brownies incoming.. hope there’s enough people to eat them all! 😉

IHN

This looks tremendous, so sorry I can’t make it, makes me proud of this group of cycling weirdos that I call myself part of.

peteimpreza

Good effort everyone. Great turnout and a fun ride in good company.

Tang will be along later with the official update as to the monies raised.

tang
    Free Member

£440 – well done everyone!

djflexure

Thanks to Tang, Rickie and the cakemakers for providing a great day out in support of this heartbreaking cause. Nice to meet all of you STW’ers.
    (I was the orange one)

frogstomp

Great day out – ta!
    😀

bedfordrd

Brilliant day. Great company, great ride, great cake!! Many thanks to Tang for organising, to Rickie for leading a great ride and thanks also to all the cake bakers and bringers. And all for an excellent cause. Thank you everyone 🙂

qwerty
    Free Member

A great turnout of riders & a great ride.

Well done to Tang for organising & to Rickie for leading, it worked really well with the 25 riders, all getting through the singletrack without fragmenting the ride.

Fantastic selection of cakes fueled my ride home.

Great to meet some STWers and network a bit for potential future ride guiding.

Love the passionate positive riding vibes these crazy 24hr riders radiate.

I’m staaaaaaaaaaaaaaarving and about to consume lunch.

I don’t think i’ve ever met Jenn, but her ride bonded some like minded souls, i hope shes comfortable with her loved ones today.

X

jeffl

Yep brilliant ride and a good weekend overall with the Bristol Oktoberfest on Saturday. As above thanks to Tang for organising and Rickie for leading the ride was great fun. Just got home and reminding the family who I am but will post up some mostly crappy photos I took later tonight.

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Great to ride with everyone, I hope you all enjoyed the climb up bear hill after I left you all. I think we could make this a regular monthly thing……..perhaps.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Few pics…

Sticking up in the car park!
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/zBZhWo]Untitled[/url] by Peter Atkin, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/yHpYn4]Untitled[/url] by Peter Atkin, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/znF1oN]Untitled[/url] by Peter Atkin, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/yHgdTh]Untitled[/url] by Peter Atkin, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/zEiqy8]Untitled[/url] by Peter Atkin, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/znF187]Untitled[/url] by Peter Atkin, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/znEZr7]Untitled[/url] by Peter Atkin, on Flickr

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Also, I’m amazed how a few random people from a cycling forum can find a reason to get together and organise a ride like this AND put that amount of money in the pot.
    I’m proud to be a part of that, and all those who put some effort into it (Basically everyone) should be too.

willard

Absolutely! That you to everyone involved in organising this ride, with a special thanks to Tang for being awesome and Rickie for being a fantastic guide for us. Despite not making it up all of the hilss on wheels, I had a lot of fun.

PP, I’ve just told my wife how awesome the pork pies were. I think she’ll try her hand at making some now!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Good aren’t they? It’s a Paul Hollywood recipie. I could send it to you if you like?

tang
    Free Member

A smashing turn out today guys. Big smiles, groaning cake table and deep pockets. A real pleasure to host you all. Singletrack community at its finest.
    Ricky putting the fear into everyone (she was gentle really)

Some of the 25 #Jennride bikes

Some of the post ride bake off

Down the hatch and the Castelli bargains going down well

#ForJenn

tang
    Free Member

Sarah from 559 bikes in Chepstow came with wicked cake and has just sent some pics over:

mboy
    Free Member

Good ride yesterday boys and girls. Many thanks for organising, to those who brought plenty of cake (the sugar crash I experienced in the car on the way back was drastic!), and to those who organised the route (and Martin for showing us that cheeky trail whilst we waited for the others to catch up).

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Thanks to Tang and Rickie for organising a great event yesterday and providing endless cups of tea and coffee after the ride. Also to the cake providers – who produced a table of such amazing treats! It was great to meet such a nice bunch of people on bikes. Another photo..

tang
    Free Member

Sad sad day, I’m sure we shall all be pushing a pedal with Jenn in mind today.

Just to let you all know your donations have gone via the just giving page set up by witton plus gift aid.
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/jennride-donations#post-7239596

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘#Jennride – Cotswolds – 11th October’ is closed to new replies.