Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Jamie Carragher (have we done this yet?)
  • bigyim
    Free Member

Jamie carragher to spit or not to spit. That is the question?

Harry_the_Spider

Knock Knock

Who’s there?

Jamie

Jamie who?

That’s showbusiness

jimmy

What a massive 🔔 🔚

dannyh
    Free Member

I find any forty year old who has to resort to spitting at people a little bit odd. I think his defence of not knowing there was a kid in the car is a fib. Why not admit it? 13 year olds who have been brought up by obnoxious parents are likely to be obnoxious too. It’s the spitting bit that is odd. Telling them to **** off would be reasonable, though.

It is a bit like my new policy of shouting the c-bomb at the top of my voice at any car that close passes me. If there happens to be a kid in the car, then tough. The driver can explain what it means and why I might have shouted it in an angry manner. It’s not my problem.

I’m in absolutely no doubt that the chavs were goading Carragher and filiming in the hope of a reaction and an easy few quid on the Jeremy Kyle show. I’m also in no doubt that he knew there was an adolescent in the car and that he just lost his rag.

The spitting is the only bit I have an issue with on his side.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Yes ..in the jumpers for goalposts thread .

dannyh
    Free Member

If you watch the video it is clear that the father is totting up the potential mischief/cash at a rate that, I would imagine, far exceeds his work rate at most other things.

sbob
    Free Member

I just feel sorry for the lass.

Not only has she been spat on but she has to put up with a bell end of a Dad.

Assault and no seatbelt for the scouser, DWDCA and using a mobile whilst driving for the manc.

rmacattack
    Free Member

top post sbob.

sbob
    Free Member

top post sbob

I think that’s my cue to hit the bottle.

TO THE ALEHOUSE!!!

TAXI!!!

grum
    Free Member

No-one comes out of it well do they. I’m most aggrieved by his wife:

“In all the years I’ve watched football, isn’t it all about banter?”

BANTER

beagle
    Free Member

The Dad with his daughter sound scouse to me?

Neither party comes out well IMO, and I hope driving offenses come to both too.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Seen worse…

Caher

Spitting at anyone is pretty low in human morality scale.

Jakester
    Free Member

I was most amazed by the quantity of flob.

He must have been actively  accumulating it before letting fly.

What an odd thing to do.

funkrodent

He says that he was being extensively wound up. But unless I’ve watched the wrong video, the dad spots him, hoots the horn, window comes down, Dad shouts 2-1 a couple of times and then JC gobs all over his daughter. If that’s extensive winding up then JC has a very thin skin..

Regardless, nobody comes out of this well (other than the poor daughter). JC us obviously a nob. And should be done for no seatbelt. Dad is an eejit as well, and should be done for using a phone whilst driving..

In other news we’re lurching closer to conflict with Russia and Trump is STILL the US President..

BadlyWiredDog

As a player his speciality was basically grabbing strikers and preventing them from reaching the ball. He was a cheat, who was rarely punished for his cheating. I know it’s a towering generalisation, but I suspect he may think he can get away with anything.

And then there’s the whole absurd elite sport thing where someone who’s basically good at kicking a ball around becomes a multi-millionaire regardless of other qualities like common sense, decency or morals.

Why are people even surprised?

razorrazoo

He says that he was being extensively wound up. But unless I’ve watched the wrong video, the dad spots him, hoots the horn, window comes down, Dad shouts 2-1 a couple of times and then JC gobs all over his daughter. If that’s extensive winding up then JC has a very thin skin..

But it’s easy to edit a mobile video to show only the part that you want, for all anyone knows the guy could’ve been flashing him and throwing him hand signals for 5 minutes beforehand.  The phone was already in his hand recording before he even ‘notices’ it’s Carragher, how many people drive along the motorway filming the traffic on their mobiles??  What Carragher has done has not excuses and is abhorrent, but I think the driver got exactly what he was looking for which was 15 minutes of fame a few quid from the redtops.  He’s clearly a moron as he’s provided evidence of his own law breaking for all to see and I hope the law comes down on him as hard as the other guilty party.

DezB
    Free Member

Is anyone going to post this damn video? I’m not going looking for it!

scuttler

Lazy gitDezB. You get slo-mo on the Mirror/Mail/Express whatever newspaper site.

Two idiots in this video, only one of whom is a millionaire TV person, and therefore only one of whom will undergo trial by media.

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Crazy action, wind window up and turn up the radio. But jesus he could put fires out with his gob, it was like drinking a bottle and spitting it straight back out!!

DezB
    Free Member

scuttler
    Lazy gitDezB

Thanks! Not so much lazy as not wanting to visit those shitty “news” sites or wanting it in my search history 😉

Now I can safely say: ooh.

Issue for me is the bloke filming it “Ar eh la-di-da- what jolly fun! Chameee spat on me daughter 😀 ” which surely should’ve been “What a bastard scum bag! Spitting at my lovely daughter 👿 ” ?

aracer
    Free Member

razorrazoo wrote:

But it’s easy to edit a mobile video to show only the part that you want, for all anyone knows the guy could’ve been flashing him and throwing him hand signals for 5 minutes beforehand.  The phone was already in his hand recording before he even ‘notices’ it’s Carragher, how many people drive along the motorway filming the traffic on their mobiles??

This – I initially thought it started with the driver spotting him at the start of the video, but on watching again that seems rather unlikely – particularly given the “stop it” right at the start, and as you say already filming before ‘noticing’.

No excuses at all for Jamie – no possible provocation justifies that. Clearly the driver filming is also a nob though, and I do hope the mobile phone use is investigated.

funkrodent wrote:

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>Regardless, nobody comes out of this well (other than the poor daughter). </span>

You must be watching a different video to me 😮 – though admittedly she doesn’t come out of it looking like a nob.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Agreed, the choice words that kicked it all off will be lost unless somebody gets hold of his phone…

It does highlight with the “he will have heard worse” & “should be used to it” comments how sport is the last place the sort of verbals that would be 100% unacceptable to a complete stranger are often dismissed as “Banter” there is a line you can cross with your mates but with a complete stranger? It will be interesting to see how the Ben Stokes case plays out too, the video appears to be only part of the story of the event.

voodoo_chile

Anyone with anything about them would of jumped out and had it…..

DezB
    Free Member

I woulda got out at the lights and taken a dump on the bonnet. Carragher’s too posh for that of course. Stuck up git.

binners

He’s been criticised for his behaviour by Joey Barton

Just stop and have a think about that for a moment……

Imagine reaching a point in your life where Joey Barton was loftily taking the moral high ground over you?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

He’s been criticised for his behaviour by Joey Barton

Just stop and have a think about that for a moment……

Yep Joey just needs some attention, who’s turn is it to give him a hug this week? If required I am also available for comment I’ll nip down BBC sport on the way to the supermarket later on.

I’ll stress not defending his action just at this point we have reached the full opinions/tweets are like arseholes, everyone has one….

cb

He wasn’t spitting apparently, just a scouser asking for directions…

turq

Is that banter too cb? Or do you wildly stereotype and generalise about about the populations of most UK regions?

As a Liverpudlian, who has met JC on several occasions and had trials with LFC whilst JC was there as a school boy, I can honestly say that I’m unbelievably shocked that he did this. He’s always been friendly, polite and accommodating and this was truly out of character, as far as I know him.

Notwithstanding that, his actions are horrendous, the personal violation of being spat at is terrible and can’t be excused, the actions of the others is poor too though and no one, regardless of wage, how they earn that wage, background or personality should have to put up with it.

No one has come out well, should never have happened but yeah, there is a family dying from a nerve agent and a potential government cover up occurring that should be taking priority.

DezB
    Free Member

Yay, whataboutery and regionalism all in the one post. Love it. or should I say

eh calm down calm down

franksinatra

Is that banter too cb? Or do you wildly stereotype and generalise about about the populations of most UK regions?

Typical Scouser, no sense of humour. 😉

turq

Give me a break folks, we lost to the mancs, I’m a bit stressed and this drizzle is causing havoc with me perm! 😉

scuttler

Like for Turq (pronounced Taaaairrrrrrrrrrrrrcccccccccccccccccccckkk…..?)

DezB
    Free Member

this drizzle is causing havoc with me perm! 

😆

Rorschach
    Free Member

Wendyballerists…………Quelle surprise.

Harry_the_Spider

It would have been hilarious if he hadn’t put his window down.

cb

turq – yes…and yeah pretty much.  Tho you may have missed the subtetly on this occasion.

Anyway, you’ve calmed down now, assume you managed to sign on without a hitch?

bodgy
    Free Member

You’ve got to feel for the poor disillusioned Liverpool fan interviewed on Radio 2 earlier – he’d named his son ‘Carragher’ in honour of the bloke. Oops.

martinhutch

He could have gone in for the full Suarez, so we should be thankful for that, I suppose.

chewkw
    Free Member

Why is spitting so common nowadays ?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Jamie Carragher (have we done this yet?)’ is closed to new replies.