Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Jaffamatical conundrum
  • 40mpg

Since the move away from 12’s I’ve been struggling to find the optimal consumption quota for Jaffa cakes.  It doesn’t help that packs seem to come in either 10’s or – and this really messes with my OCD – 11’s.

Three in a go used to be spot on with a cup of coffee. However I’ve upped that to 5 on the trot with the decimal packs since the change.

The elevens create chaos at elevenses though as I have to vary 4-4-3 but still end up with a few leftovers from the second batch come Friday (So my weekly allowance is now 4-4-3-4-7) as a pack cannot be left open over the weekend for fear of going stale. It’s driving me up the wall!

Should I start a petition to McVities to reinstate the venerable dozen pack? There’s a reason the Romans found this such a useful denominator!

Help!

jimdubleyou

Buy an 11 pack and put in the freezer. Every time you open a new 11 pack, take one jaffa out of the freezer and hey-presto, you’ve got a 12 pack again…

Houns

Why is this even a question? I don’t know anyone who doesn’t eat a packet in one sitting

perchypanther
    Free Member

Just buy them by the yard.

joshvegas
    Free Member

but still end up with a few leftovers

Eh?

Drac

Why is this even a question? I don’t know anyone who doesn’t eat a packet in one sitting

This.

Three in a go used to be spot on with a cup of coffee. However I’ve upped that to 5 on the trot with the decimal packs since the change.

5, 3 and 3.

/threadclosed

brakes
    Free Member

Tesco are doing strawberry flavoured ones.

I didn’t think I could hate Tesco any more than I do / did.

I’m about 180 days clean off the Jaffa cakes. Are you telling me they don’t do the 15 cake tubes anymore?

funkmasterp

No packet of biscuits should be opened unless all are to be eaten. Yes that includes those tins you only buy at Christmas.

Drac

I’m about 180 days clean off the Jaffa cakes. Are you telling me they don’t do the 15 cake tubes anymore?

Not for about a year.

FuzzyWuzzy

0 is the optimal number of jaffa cakes to consume, they’re like stale cheap biscuits with chemical tasting sludge spread on them

scotroutes

No packet of biscuits should be opened unless all are to be eaten. Yes that includes those tins you only buy at Christmas.

Biscuits? Biscuits?

funkmasterp

Shit. Cakes too

verses

Tesco are doing strawberry flavoured ones.

I didn’t think I could hate Tesco any more than I do / did.

Having to explain to the office why I’m laughing….

brakes
    Free Member

they’re like stale cheap biscuits with chemical tasting sludge spread on them

You’re doing it wrong. One does not taste a jaffa cake. One eats, nay consumes a jaffa cake.

do not taste, just nom nom nom.

martinhutch

Have they reduced the number of Jaffas in one box? I swear they looked shorter last time I passed it in Morrisons.

If so, all your equations are no use. Even the (Jaffas eaten in one sitting = jaffas in the house) one becomes less satisfying.

matt_outandabout

I dread the day they reduce both chocolate and orange flavour to reduce prodution cost… 😮

timbog160

Buy 3 packs at a time and then you have 10 sittings of 3 each….

matt_outandabout

10 sittings of 3 each….

The zero is in the wrong place.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Buy supermarket value ones? They’re nicer anyway.

zilog6128

Shit. Cakes too

Is that like some kind of superpower?! Only fair you let everyone know where they’ve come from though!!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Jaffamatical conundrum’ is closed to new replies.