Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • jacket with helmet size hood doesn’t have a rear string to adjust?
  • mattyfez

So I bought a cheap light weight waterproof jacket, with a helmet sized hood but didn’t check the hood didn’t have a draw string at the back of the hood.

This means the hood comes half way down my nose rendering it useless and me essentially blind if not wearing a helmet.

Any cheap tricks to sort this out without with minimum hassle?

Thanks for any advice

bails

mattyfez

I’ve actually considered using a binder clip.. I was just hoping for a more eloquent solution! If there is such a thing before I punch a few holes in it and try and do some ghetto boot lace solution.

I suppose I could return the jacket, but other than the hood, it suits my needs quite well.

manvstarmac

I thought the same with a ski jacket hood made to fit over a helmet. Turned out the hood peak folded under itself to make it a head sized hood when that’s what you wanted. Could yours be similar?

mattyfez

urned out the hood peak folded under itself to make it a head sized hood when that’s what you wanted. Could yours be similar?

It works! not sure if its designed with that in mind, but it works! Cheers

manvstarmac

Great. Glad to be of service.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘jacket with helmet size hood doesn’t have a rear string to adjust?’ is closed to new replies.