Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)
  • I've made a new video!
  • getonyourbike
    Free Member

davidtaylforth – Member
    Just get the hardtail out and wear some normal clothes then! I think far more people could probably relate to it if you did that, and you’d possibly have received more positive comments.

But the point of the video was to ride the MDE and that kit. I don’t just make these videos because I enjoy it. I’d much rather be riding my bike.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Good vid… Some nice smooth fast riding but also looked like you were trying to be a bit too flashy with pushing turns and maybe one too many whips. How tall are you btw? Great effort and good luck racing.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I agree with the earlier comment about trying to grade the clips from different cameras and sessions to bring a similar feel and tone throughout. In addition, I found the mixing of locations and sections quite off-putting. It was often really obvious that several consecutive clips were shot in different places. I appreciate how difficult it can be to get enough footage* to edit even close to continuity, but I was quite badly distracted by it come the end. Perhaps spend some time shooting some cover shots to put breaks in between action shots – video transitions, as it were, which bring rest to contrast the action and also make it easier to use clips from different sessions.

*it’s not unusual to require an hour’s worth of raw footage to get a one minute edit! :]

fervouredimage
    Free Member

If this were a video of some fat middle aged guy riding down a tow path taking in views of a blue sky then everyone here would be saying how great it was and how it’s what mountain biking is all about. What you have done here getonyourbike is annoyed the majority of forum users because you have pointed out what they would like to be able to do but can’t (and never will) hence the petty criticisms. They criticise your riding because they could never hope to do the same, they criticise your choice of clothing because none of them are brave enough to wear such things (too old, too fat – the sort that tirelessly refer to downhillers as wearing brightly coloured pyjamas, you know the ones) and above all they are critical because you are demonstrating something they simply don’t understand (there are few actual mountain bikers on here). Your sponsored, you wear bright, branded gear, you ride FS, you’re actually good and you have managed to edit together a good video to demonstrate it.

It is jealousy on a base level.

maxtorque

Blimey, it’s all gone a bit ‘X Factor’ in here ain’t it? 😉

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

School holidays still innit.

Fabdad
    Free Member

Hello mate,well I’m a middle aged fat bloke and I enjoyed watching your video 🙂 BTW were you riding in Les Arcs earlier this year? We met a young lad who knew some of the party I was with,and he showed us a real techy track back down to Peisey and watching your vid I’m pretty sure it was you!

_tom_
    Free Member

I just find it funny that this video has received more negative criticism than the “sweary northerners” videos which are pretty bloody dull in comparison (apart from the comedic vocabulary). Especially the music they choose to use which is always utter, utter gash. But I suppose it’s to be expected of this place!

crosshair
    Free Member

Threads like this expose the fundamental flaw with forums- everyone reads the same words differently.

Imagine going to a pub with your mates and whacking the laptop on the bar and saying “right then lads, I’ve made a new video, tell me what you think!”
    If you expect nothing but positive, carefully crafted constructive feedback then you’ve got classier mates than I have 😀

The bar for Mtb vids is set seriously high these days. I don’t think any of the comments in this thread were meant offensively as backed-up by the extensive use of smilies 😉

As you were……. 😀

pussywillow
    Free Member

fervouredimage – Member
    If this were a video of some fat middle aged guy riding down a tow path taking in views of a blue sky then everyone here would be saying how great it was and how it’s what mountain biking is all about. What you have done here getonyourbike is annoyed the majority of forum users because you have pointed out what they would like to be able to do but can’t (and never will) hence the petty criticisms. They criticise your riding because they could never hope to do the same, they criticise your choice of clothing because none of them are brave enough to wear such things (too old, too fat – the sort that tirelessly refer to downhillers as wearing brightly coloured pyjamas, you know the ones) and above all they are critical because you are demonstrating something they simply don’t understand (there are few actual mountain bikers on here). Your sponsored, you wear bright, branded gear, you ride FS, you’re actually good and you have managed to edit together a good video to demonstrate it.

It is jealousy on a base level.

POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST

Oh ffs man! The guy wanted some feedback! Sorry if you don’t agree with that 🙄

pinhead
    Free Member

For me all these biking vids have been done
    Can’t stand watching any be it pros or this or them sweary boys ones
    Not for me

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Fabdad – Member
    Hello mate,well I’m a middle aged fat bloke and I enjoyed watching your video BTW were you riding in Les Arcs earlier this year? We met a young lad who knew some of the party I was with,and he showed us a real techy track back down to Peisey and watching your vid I’m pretty sure it was you!

Yes, that was me and it was Danni and Beef I knew. I’m sorry that trail was techier than I led on. I forgot how wild a couple of bits are. 😳

getonyourbike
    Free Member

fervouredimage – 😀 😆

pussywillow
    Free Member

richmtbguru – Member
    Ok, where do I start….well the general video is ok, but there is improvement to be made on the riding, not that your as bad as some are saying! just ignore the negative feedback as this will not do your confidence any good what so ever! The first thing that I always stress to my clients is positive thinking, this is the key factor in any competitive sport. I’ll talk about that more though in my up and coming peaks pootle ride out thread I have arranged which will give singletrackers the chance to ride out with me and chat about certain aspects of mountain biking that might be bothering them.
    Ok, well the second aspect of your riding I would re-evaluate would would be your core positioning, I would suggest core excersize workouts which will help a great deal towards this, are you a tall rider by any chance? This is something I see a lot with tall riders, there is certain body positioning on a bike that tall riders can gain advantage by using, again I will go into this more on my next thread which is coming up in the near future.
    One more thing before I go, is one of them descents your going down in coedybrenin by any chance? If it is, I think I got the kom on strava, fantastic track though!

POSTED 1 DAY AGO # REPORT-POST

Hahaha, I reckon you should take rich up on his offer? 😆

Fabdad
    Free Member

Yes, that was me and it was Danni and Beef I knew. I’m sorry that trail was techier than I led on. I forgot how wild a couple of bits are.

Yes I pretty sure it was you Peter,I’m crap with names but I do remember people’s faces and that bike’s very distinctive!!That track was a bit out of my league I’m afraid but it was my first Alps trip!Mind you by the end of the holiday I might of been able to ride a bit more of it :-)BTW I was the old duffer at the back on the black Orange 5!

jedimaster
    Free Member

really enjoyed it, great vid! 🙂

ron70
    Free Member

Not my kind of mountain bike vid, I prefer watching the all mountain style with technical riding down real mountains but good effort never the less. 🙂

Blower
    Free Member

_tom_ – Member

I just find it funny that this video has received more negative criticism than the “sweary northerners” videos which are pretty bloody dull in comparison (apart from the comedic vocabulary). Especially the music they choose to use which is always utter, utter gash. But I suppose it’s to be expected of this place!

Hello _Tom_

what is your required music for bike videos then?

or what is your tastes in music?

The stuff i use aint what i listen to really, i like to use stuff opposite to what normal bikes videos use if i can. innit.

iolo
    Free Member

As I previously said, that music was bloody awful.
    Next time maybe try a little Ella Fitzgerald.

Blower
    Free Member

iolo which music?

iolo
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2bigf337aU[/video]

Perfect

Blower
    Free Member

perfect that

total opposite of the mainstream garbage industry videos 🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

what is your required music for bike videos then?

My only requirement is that it should be engaging and work well with the footage. Not limp or monotonous. No specific genre.

Blower
    Free Member

Not limp or monotonous

😆

variety and sometimes just sometimes it dunt have to work,

if you look through the history of the videos,its pure random

last few have been more melodic and downbeat maybe

music is so personal and everyone has different tastes and ideas,that’s the spice of life.i **** loooove music,.and what i listen to moslty would no waaaay fit on the vids ha!
    one can say that was nice music while the other says opposite

What i dont like miself is the usual heavy twanging guitar music on most vids,i just turn it off soon as i hear 😀 not for me,.
    but remember that’s just me and my tastes eh. 😉

rOcKeTdOg

My video has thrash-folk music on it

Blower
    Free Member

napolm deATH or sepultra next

Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘I've made a new video!’ is closed to new replies.