Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)
  • I've made a new video!
  • getonyourbike
    Free Member

Hope you like it or at least don’t hate it. 🙂

Let me know what you think. It would be great if you could share it too. I’d really appreciate it. 🙂

[video]http://vimeo.com/73344284[/video]

Also on Pinkbike:
    http://www.pinkbike.com/video/329359/

Cheers.

twang
    Free Member

You’re clearly a big show off

its shit

EDIT: 😉

benji
    Free Member

Worked for me till the outtakes, the cliched benny hill music just destroyed the nice polished finish you did have, don’t lose the out takes, just the music.

06awjudd
    Free Member

You’re clearly a big show off

its shit

Jealous?

Awesome riding there, I enjoyed it.

EDIT: twang just seen your edit. 😆

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Thanks for that. I’ll bear it in mind for next time. Constructive feedback is always appreciated. 🙂

DarrenH

Lovely job! Great film.
    Good bit of riding too,
    and nice to see everyone has a “moment or two” with the blooper reel.

djglover
    Free Member

If you like head cam shots and skids and Joe Bloggs style fluro, then its err… great..

_tom_
    Free Member

Great riding 🙂 Where are the spots? Some of it looks a bit Woburn/Chicksands ish but don’t think I’ve seen those trails at either! Jumps at the start look fun as well.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

It’s a mix of Coed-Y-Brenin, Eastridge, Kinver (the Woburn/Chicksands type bit) and my local dirt jumps at Baggeridge.

singlespeedstu

Trim your brake hoses. 🙂

Nice riding though.

ski
    Free Member

Wish I could ride like that, top respect.

Outtakes were good too

solarpowered
    Free Member

Ace! And brilliant! Thanks for that….
    Wish you wouldn’t make it all look so easy though 😉

I liked the out takes too!

06awjudd
    Free Member

How long have you been riding out of interest?

getonyourbike
    Free Member

@06awjudd- 3 years now.

06awjudd
    Free Member

@getonyourbike – 😯 I need to get out riding more!

J273
    Free Member

Great vid fella 🙂

roverpig

I enjoyed that, thanks. I much prefer seeing shots from “outside the bike” rather than all the endless headcam footage (which never gives me any idea of the trail), so it was right up my street.

ritchic
    Free Member

Thought I recognised the dirt jumps an Kinver in there

rickt
    Free Member

Great video.. enjoyed the main content. Did not enjoy the Benny hill soundtrack outakes… I think it would work better to switch the audio on the section and trim the falls to maybe 2-3 second pre crash…

Great content!

Rick

Scapegoat

What’s the music?

timc
    Free Member

agree with rickt, otherwise all good despite your colour co-ordination issues 😉

where are the trails?

EDIT seen answer

jambalaya
    Free Member

Great riding and edit, mx of on and off bike shots works well. Not that I cann jump but on the triple set you need 3 different tricks, repeating the same whip three times is just dull 😉

getonyourbike
    Free Member

The song is Those Dancing Days by Fuckarias.

pickle
    Free Member

didn’t have the music on but cool riding

Imabigkidnow
    Free Member

As a riding vid it ‘watches’ ok for me too … but … in terms of the kind of stuff your doing and (the main thing for me in riding vids) the scenery/terrain; it’s a bit samey all the way through.
    I was thinking about moving on come 2 minutes and started reading the thread .. but then someone wrote about the outtakes so a scrolled back up to carry on watching to see what they were talking about.

crankman
    Free Member

The colour of your bike and helmet and clothes make you look a bit simple.

pussywillow
    Free Member

The start is very gay, and you look to have Simon Cowell pants on, maybe try not tucking the shirt in, apart from that, the riding ain’t that bad I suppose, although you look like your trying too hard to style everything up, try not tweaking the bars on every jump, ‘gets a bit cringeworthy after a bit’, 😉 your not too bad around the berms although you do seem to scrub the speed on the way out of them, again I think it’s cos your trying too hard and can sometimes look a bit unstable, also don’t try doing manuals until you can do them! 😉

Hope this helps, I look forward to seeing your next vid. 😀

winch
    Free Member

^Jedi has nothing on pussywillow^

patriotpro
    Free Member

Lovely riding and nice mix of 1st person and 3rd person footage, I wasn’t keen on the music, but that’s a preference thing.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

@jambalaya- I’ll throw in a table next time then. 😀

Kryton57

ski – Member
    Wish I could ride like that, top respect.

You mean you can’t? Wrong forum for you…. no wait, hold on….

Nice Vid OP.

roverpig

Love the yellow and blue colour scheme by the way. Don’t let this lot talk you into some corporate grey. But I agree about the tweaks. I’m probably in a minority of one, but I think a nice straight smooth jump looks so much better. Why do riders wiggle about in the air? Is it just to show that they can? I guess it takes more skill, but I still think it looks daft.

Gilles

I’m jealous of the riding, and the video. Are the sponsors at the start just for fun or did they pay you?

iolo
    Free Member

Was it you who did the filming too?
    If so you have too much time on your hands.
    Maybe put a less annoying song on your next effort.

wilsonthecat
    Free Member

nice video, the lad is clearly showcasing his talent.

Pussywillow I can almost guarantee this chap is ten times the rider you are. His enduro results and sponsorship deals seems to back that up. Plus in his defense he carries himself in the MTB community world apart from your online ramblings.

dandax1990
    Free Member

Not a massive fan of the slow-mo close-ups of the rear wheel kicking up a bit of dirt like but good video.

pussywillow
    Free Member

wilsonthecat – Member
    nice video, the lad is clearly showcasing his talent.

Pussywillow I can almost guarantee this chap is ten times the rider you are. His enduro results and sponsorship deals seems to back that up. Plus in his defense he carries himself in the MTB community world apart from your online ramblings.

POSTED 41 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

😆

_tom_
    Free Member

Why do riders wiggle about in the air? Is it just to show that they can? I guess it takes more skill, but I still think it looks daft.

Helps you loosen up which in turn helps with jumps. And it looks better.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Why do riders wiggle about in the air? Is it just to show that they can? I guess it takes more skill, but I still think it looks daft.

It looks better (to most) and throwing an even half decent whip or table is fun to do. That’s why we ride bikes, after all. 🙂

deviant
    Free Member

Good video Pete, i remember you from my MTBE forum days, i also remember you taking your short travel Carrera Fury to the Gravity Enduro at Eastridge and being faster than half the field, good to see how far you’ve come.
    To the doubters on here, the guy can ride and has genuine sponsorship, yes the viseo was ‘showy’….isnt that the idea?

getonyourbike….good to see you on this forum, take the comments with a pinch of salt, this forum is populated with old men who ride rigid 29ers by boutique brands and sneer at anybody else….the MTBing equivalent of a roadie if you like.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘I've made a new video!’ is closed to new replies.