Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • I've been off the bike for nearly two months, how long to get back to speed?
  • TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Work and family interruptions have conspired over the last 8 weeks, so that I’ve not done any exercise over the period. I usually do 4-5 hours of hard trail riding and run 12km each week. Post Christmas I intend to get back to this level of activity again, but I reckon it’ll take at least all of January to get back to speed. I’m banking on that because the new mini Dyfi is 30 Jan. Will the plan work?

ltheisinger
    Free Member

After being off the bike due to an accident last year for 5 months the consultant told me for every week off it would take a week to get it back (he was a VERY keen MTB’er himself!) – and he was right!

Travis

in Swimming our coach said, that for every training session we missed, we would need to get back

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Depends how old you are – the older you are the quicker you lose fitness and the slower it is to return. At least all of January I guess

lazybike
    Free Member

I had 8 weeks off this time last year, I found that my endurance and steady state riding was ok, but my top end speed was gone, some hard interval sessions should see you ok. Maybe try some Tabarta sessions.

DT78
    Free Member

Had my first ride in 3 months the other day. I’ve been told to expect it to take 8 weeks to get back to ‘usual’ for my injury to recover and probably the best part of 3 months to back to full fitness.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘I've been off the bike for nearly two months, how long to get back to speed?’ is closed to new replies.