Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • ITV player
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Is it incredibly unworkably shit for everyone, or just me?

In Chrome, it seems to insit on blocking flash even though I say ‘don’t block flash’ which seems to result in endless buffering. In Edge it just plays about 5s of footage every minute spending the rest frozen.

nbt

working fine for me – Chrome on Win10

molgrips
    Free Member

Weird.

Works well on my work laptop, W7 Chrome. But not on my Surface.

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

Yep.. Over the last week or so I’ve been trying to get a decent live feed from it through various browsers, a Samsung TV that has an itv hub app, a roku streaming box and an Amazon fire stick. You have to admire their consistency across platforms, it’s universally shit on all of them… 🙄

sbob
    Free Member

Windows 10 and firefox seems to work.

kerley
    Free Member

Awful when I tried it last night, just buffering all the time. Don’t watch ITV generally but make exception for Tour highlights!

Gave up after a few minutes and watched something else.

turboferret

Works really well on my iPad and the app built into the Samsung TV.

Cheers, Rich

molgrips
    Free Member

Restarted everything, inc router, now seems to be working….

ads678

Fine for me, i’ve got it on now.

molgrips
    Free Member

Hmm.. it crapped out during the ads, and is now back ok for the coverage. Odd. Looks like the ads might be streamed separately from the coverage.

Kahurangi

Looks like the ads might be streamed separately from the coverage

Normally I’ll find that (on ITV Player as well as other online streaming services) ads are served far more reliably than the actual content…

turboferret

You may find that the adverts are at a different resolution to the programme. I think that the player adjusts the quality based on your bandwidth, but then tries to play the ads as high as possible, which may be some reason for your issues.

Cheers, Rich

verses

It’s a while since I last used it (cos it’s shit), but typical experience was;

– Initial adverts play
    – Part 1 of program plays
    – 1st set of adverts play
    – Final advert freezes and program doesn’t resume
    – Reload player
    – Forced to sit through initial adverts again
    – Skip to first ad break
    – Forced to sit through 1st set of adverts again
    – Program resumes… If lucky…
    – Repeat above after 2nd set of adverts
    – Smash TV and head to ITV head office with rusty crow-bar and baseball bat with nails through it

johndoh
    Free Member

I have a ‘spare’ aPad so I can work with one ear plugged in and the iPad sat below my work monitor.

Working for me.

Bring on the fireworks….

scaredypants

Windows 10 and firefox seems to work.

aye

bit slow to load initially but otherwise fine here just fairly boggo 18Mbps broadband

molgrips
    Free Member

just fairly boggo 18Mbps broadband

Boggo? I get 3Mbps

scaredypants

well, in that case

8)

jambalaya
    Free Member

It’s rubbish, huge number of ads each time you start it

FYI Broadband, marketing says 5-8 contract min is 1.5 and often below that. My Three mobile connection is faster.

ml
    Free Member

Is it permitted to utter the k**i word, with a plugin, or am I asking for trouble? No ads, at least on the daily TdF highlights, and streaming worked perfectly too.

As other similar plugins (Channel 4) have stopped working, my *assumption* was that this was is legit.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Think it was Wednesday it was poor for me. This was casting my android phone screen to the telly (chromecast) whilst watching live ITV4 TDF at some point late afternoon 4pm-ish. Never had a problem before, but kept crashing. TBH I didn’t try anything else to try and eliminate what was causing it, just switched to youtube and watched some old TV film/mini series I was halfway thru, with no problems.

edlong
    Free Member

casting my android phone screen to the telly (chromecast

damn, should have tried that.. had the TdF highlights fine on the phone but casting it (through the itvhub app) was a no go. Didn’t think to cast the phone screen itself.

cp

It’s terrible, and has been since it’s birth. I tried it again recently after a year or so away, assuming they may have fixed it… It’s still crap.

molgrips
    Free Member

Last night watching the highlights it was fine until the add, which took twice as long to get through due to buffering.

Oh, except one thing. About 9pm the day’s highlight show was available on the website but NOT on the Samsung smart TV app. Wtf? If it’s up, surely it’s up? How can two apps delivering the same thing end up out of sync?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘ITV player’ is closed to new replies.