Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • iTunes on laptop question
  • oldnick

If I un-install iTunes from my laptop and get rid of all files pertaining to it, then re-install it with my apple ID, will it be a fresh working version with all my music and music videos working again?

I’ve had a couple of unsuccessful goes getting my iTunes library across to my Android phone, and now the music files aren’t where iTunes expects them to be, so I can’t play them on any devices (about right for me and tech).

z1ppy

Itunes tends (or used) to store stuff in a music folder in my documents of windows computers, if you’ve imported them via itunes. Does that music folder exist? If it does, reinstall/delete itune (not the music folder obv’s) and then see if the music files re-populate. Or you can tell itunes to scan the folder & re-find your music.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Been a while with itunes, but if I remember if you reinstall it then it doesn’t know where you music is even if you’ve not deleted the files. I think you just need to drag and drop the files into iTunes again and it’ll build up the index it needs.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.