Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 141 total)
  • Its official Alex Ferguson has retired, OMG
  • zap
    Free Member

More to follow, Who next ?

nickjb
    Free Member

More to follow

More threads?

jekkyl

All the football managers will resign, it’ll be anarchy ❗

tarquin
    Free Member

On the BBC…

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22447018

I’d like to see Jose Mourinho in charge myself, but doesn’t look like it will happen.

binners

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I’m sure the fact that David Moyes has let his contract run down at Everton for the first time ever is purely coincidental. As with most things at United, I suspect this will all have been sorted months ago

scaredypants

mourinho and moyes to fight to the death in a paddling pool filled with red jelly ?

Junkyard
    Free Member

What Binners said I always assumed they would go high profile like Jose but Moyes would be my bet at present

Worth noting that he has been awesome at Everton but has never had a big budget to play with so he is untested in this respect and in Europe.

Interesting times.

zap
    Free Member

“More to follow” Just quoting Eurosport.
    This is going to run and run until someone is appointed either Moyes or Mourinho. My moneys on the latter if I was a betting man.

binners

Could be Benitez? He’s available in a couple of weeks 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

Who would be most annoyed Man u fans or Liverpool fans ?

loddrik
    Free Member

Whoever it is, leaner times lie ahead…

1981miked
    Free Member

Jorgen Klopp for the next Man U manager?

Ticks all the boxes but according to Talksport he has a contract until 2016 which he intends to honour. I reckon David Moyes will get it.

Sad to see the end of the Fergie reign but a good chance to see if the team can play for somebody else now..

If Mourinho gets it will we see the return of Ronaldo to Man U?

jekkyl

retire at end of season? With added time it’s more likely to be December.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Well I have to say I didnt see that one coming.

Most Man Utd fans I know thought he’d be carried out in a box..

I don’t know who’ll get the job, I always thought it would be Pep in 3 yrs once he’s done with Bayern. I can’t see Moyes doing it ergo the most likely is Jose, but I hope not as I’d like to see him back at CFC.

binners

Whoever it is, leaner times lie ahead…

Judging by the standards of everyone else in the premiership this season, that seems awfully presumptuous or just wishful thinking. Have you noticed the points gap at the top?

After all, Moyes will be able to get the best out of Rooney. Though on a positive note, you may be in with a shout of finishing above Everton next season 😉

thejesmonddingo

The Americans are likely to impose their structure on the club,ie a Director of football and a coach,which is unlikely to suit either Moyes or Mourinho,mind you they might decide it’s time to cash in and clear the debt.

thejesmonddingo

For Jose the choice between Man U and Chelsea is easy,after all,he’d still have more freedom and authority at Man U,he doesn’t do lapdog particularly well.

scaredypants

your clever guy is the one who comes after the next manager, surely ?

number one can’t win – it’s either “my gran could manage that fergie-built squad to victory” or “he’s **** it up already”

Junkyard
    Free Member

Though on a positive note, you may be in with a shout of finishing above Everton next season
    Chapeau 😆

loddrik
    Free Member

The points gap at the top is down to Fergie, any other manager with that squad would have been duelling with city and Chelsea.

It’s all well being optimistic, but any other team which has achieved big success under a talismanic manager who moves on experience a decline. It only natural, and Utd will be no different.

binners

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj20LKdg8-8[/video]

😉

loddrik
    Free Member

But for who…

gordimhor

If Moyes moves to Man United, who will take over at Everton. I think it could be Martinez.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Love him or loathe him, we’ll never see his like again.

Forge_Master
    Free Member

operation yew tree has finaly caught up on him.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Jose style is not Utd — he plays dull football, means to an end–not entertaining –hope he goes back to Chelski

binners

Bobby Charlton said about 6 months ago in an interview that there was no way on earth a club like United ‘would tolerate’ someone like Jose. Too much of a loose canon, and the football he plays is dull and defensive.

I love Jose. He;s value for money. Whether I would still do if he was our manager, not somebody elses? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Bimbler
    Free Member

mourinho and moyes to fight to the death in a paddling pool filled with red jelly

Psycho ginner Scotchman vs Portugese popinjay, I wonder who’d win?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

he’ll probably be back in charge in a couple of years if it all goes boobs up…

hora
    Free Member

In a nice way, why would Man U sign Moyes? Yes he does well (6th) with his team etc and he’d stay around alongtime. Maybe its to do with his management style?

The special one would leave within a few years.

The only one I rated is going to Bayern….

Junkyard
    Free Member

Guardiola is untested IMHO
    He has manged Barca then Bayern – the two best teams in the world at the time he manged them – not the hardest of tests tbh

Jury is still out on him IMHO though clearly he is not rubbish. NB Barca walked the league this year with a manager who spent 1/2 of the season in hospital in New york and spoke only via video link….not the harshest of tests basically and neither is managing Bayern so I wait till he has a real challenge

Moyes is unproven at the VERY top level though

scaredypants

Psycho ginner Scotchman

eh ? Unfair !

binners

In a nice way, why would Man U sign Moyes? Yes he does well (6th) with his team etc and he’d stay around alongtime. Maybe its to do with his management style?

If you look at the net spend of all premiership clubs, then base their league position purely on that, then Everton should be in a relegation scrap every season. They aren’t. They’re top end of the table. Teams like Liverpool, Villa or Newcastle spend fortunes compared to Everton, yet consistently finish below them

Remember: United don’t have the financial muscle of City or Chelski, so we can’t do the massive money-splurges they do any more. So Moyes would be ideal. Look at the players he’s brought into Everton

donald
    Free Member

Shame it didn’t work out for the lad down South but there’ll still be a job for him at Aberdeen.

hora
    Free Member

I think thats unfair on him Junkyard. Pre-Pep they’d only won the title twice in almost a decade and the Champions league ONCE in almost 20yrs (Before him). He built/changed and put his stamp on the team – he didn’t walk in and could you argue that the team that he left at handover was because of him?

The moniker brilliant young manager definitely should go to him.

Why not Steve Bruce, Steve Mclaren or Sven Goran Errisson? 😆 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

Pre-Pep they’d only won the title twice in almost a decade and the Champions league ONCE in almost 20yrs (Before him)

2005 and 2006 – where they also dd the treble with the Champions League[2006] and they were level on points in 2007 but lost on head to heads with Real Madrid and then Pep took over – he was hardly turning them around just continuing the sucess hence why I conside rhim “untested”

He built/changed and put his stamp on the team – he didn’t walk in and could you argue that the team that he left at handover was because of him?

You could argue this but the facts dont really help, you should be in your element 😉

I am not saying he is not great but managing a succesful Barca team and then a succesful Bayern team are not the sternest of tests
    Jose did it at Porto for example and fergie at Aberdeend – even Benitez did it with Valencia [ irrc] ..there is not mediocre teamlike this in his CV that is my point. I would fancy my chances managing Bayern or Barca tbh gotta be easier than managing Doncaster

irelanst
    Free Member

I think thats unfair on him Junkyard. Pre-PEDs they’d only won the title twice in almost a decade and the Champions league ONCE in almost 20yrs (Before him). He built/changed and put his stamp on the team – he didn’t walk in and could you argue that the team that he left at handover was because of him?

FIFY?

binners

This should be good…

*pulls up a chair*

yossarian
    Free Member

Its 100% Jose, deal done some time ago IMO

Bregante

Outside bet?

Now that would be entertaining. I know it won’t happen. But just imagine Jose up against Eric! 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 141 total)

The topic ‘Its official Alex Ferguson has retired, OMG’ is closed to new replies.