Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 141 total)
  • Its official Alex Ferguson has retired, OMG
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

Would be an awesome press conference if not match

portlyone

Isn’t Bayern’s current/old coach (who could win the Champions league this year) not available shortly?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

irelanst – Member
    Pre-PEDs they’d only won the title twice in almost a decade and the Champions league ONCE in almost 20yrs

😉

JY – a trifle harsh on PEP – walking into a high profile business with strong personalities and delivering results is no mean achievement. But for Fergie to do this from a weaker starting point is far more impressive, i agree.

Klunk
    Free Member

another outside bet, Junior!

hora
    Free Member

Responds to binners

Junkyard
    Free Member

Hrash – possibly but I am not sying he is rubbish just saying we cannot be certain one way or the other. He has had it easy but he has delivered and I am sure he will at Bayern and i am sure i will say the same then 😉
    Would like to see him do it the hard way to be convinced…turn a team round that sort of thing. others have not just Fergie

steve_b77
    Free Member

It’s got Jose written all over it, by ‘it’ I mean the succession plan the Fergie wrote last year.

mrmoofo

Jose – the Americans will need a proven track record.
    Jose has played the press wonderfully over the last weeks about his future – but ambramovich had to pay him off 18 million. So to go back to Chelsea , Roman would lose faith.
    Moyes or Mancini will end up at Chelsea

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

edit

weeksy

First Thatcher dies, then Ferguson retires.

Somewhere, there is a Scouser with a lamp and one wish left

weeksy

United have announced they be having a one minutes applause in the traditional 7th minute of extra time?

weeksy

It’s not all bad news for Man Utd, Howard Webb has just announced he will be staying on as a full time employee

binners

Well whoever it is, I think Danny Baker is on the money with this tweet:

“Reporters seriously suggesting Man U are now looking for next manager. Sure. This deal will have been nailed down like succession in N Korea”

Junkyard
    Free Member

Not sure why you edited THM so I edit my reply- delayed by work

Miguelo

I think you are wrong Junkyard

Last year pre-Pep (2007/08), Barça finished in third position in the League, 18 points behind Real and 10 points behind Villarreal.
    The first thing he did was selling Ronaldinho and Deco, not easy at that time in Barcelona…but you are right, he had a great squad to work with.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

JY I edited it, as the tone might have been mis-interpreted. Let me rephrase a different way – between setting up businesses, turning them around and managing successful ones, I think that the latter is often under-estimated. It’s not an easy ride nor something my granny could do (if either were still alive). To do so, at an early age and under intense media scrutiny makes it doubly difficult. For that reason I would put Pep and Fergie in the very small category of truly exceptional managers but Fergie ahead!

Beyond that, I think we agree!

Love the idea of the applause at 7 mins of extra time!

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes getting confused with seasons and years 2006-2007 they tied BUT he took over after 2007-2008 DOH
    They were third but still made CL semi finals

Sorry

brakes
    Free Member

Steve McClaren
    you heard it here first

Klunk
    Free Member

from the bbc comments made me smirk

Heartbreak in the Mark Hughes household as he leaps up to answer his mobile phone only to be asked if he’s ever been mis-sold PPI”

mrmoofo

Apparantly Jose isn’t in the running ( that surprises me) and David Moyes will be the man to succeed the grumpy dour one …

globalti
    Free Member

Shares in chewing gum manufacturers will slump.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Klunk, that is brilliant!

MSP

From the bbc

Manchester United chief executive David Gill, speaking to MUTV: “We have to look forward now and I think any manager coming in will inherit a great squad and great staff around him. It is a dream job. I won’t speculate on the announcement but I think we will move relatively quickly.

“In Sir Matt Busby and Sir Alex we got in managers who got involved in all aspects of the club. That degree of loyalty is crucial to the success of Manchester United. He (the next manager) needs the required football experience in terms of domestic and European requirements, so it is a small pool.”

That sounds like Moyes isn’t in the running.

binners

Its a bloody good job that United’s press department are so unswervingly honest and accurate, and have never, ever released statements to deliberately muddy the waters, fuel inaccurate speculation and throw the press pack off the scent, then eh? 😉

You’re dealing with probably the most media-savvy and well oiled PR machine in football (in fact anywhere). I agree completely with Danny Bakers assertion that this will all have been nailed on, down to the finest detail, months ago. We’ll know when they want us to know, and not a second before

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Steve McClaren

Van Persie will understand what he’ s saying but will anyone else?

…although his umbrella will be right at home in the north west

irelanst
    Free Member

Van Persie will understand what he’ s saying but will anyone else?

Klopt, although Klopp will hopefully be nearer to the mark

weeksy

Oh God i’d love McClaren there !!!

I love Moysesys record too

Moyes has 0 wins at Anfield. 0 wins at Stamford Bridge. 0 wins at Arsenal. 0 wins at Old Trafford. 0 trophies. In 11 years.

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes this must have been discussed in ghreat detail tbh and they will have approached the person they want and have him inthe bag so to speak

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

What are the odds on Klopp then. Worth a flutter?

weeksy

Hmmm a very good choice and must be high up peoples list yes…

He seems a bit too laid back and fun loving for Man Utd for me though.

irelanst
    Free Member

^ I think Klopp would be a good choice, maybe bringing Lewandowski with him. Jose would be OK if he brought Ronaldo back!

weeksy

irelanst – Member
    ^ I think Klopp would be a good choice, maybe bringing Lewandowski with him. Jose would be OK if he brought Ronaldo back!

Was Jose not hated then ? As much as he’s respected for his knowledge, i wouldn’t want him at Liverpool, any more than i’d have wanted Ferguson if he’d retired 5 years back (hypothetically of course).

I’m not sure Utd need Lewandowski, where would he play and what would happen to Hernandez then ?

Junkyard
    Free Member

not sure ronaldo cares much for Jose bt he seems tocare for Man U…not sure he will come “home”

As for Jose he is good entertainment but he is also a bit of a mentalist at times what with the finger in the eye incident
    Also – as seen now at RM- he can be rather emotional at times

Great manager but nor for Man u – I thought he may have been beofre his behaviour at RM tbh

portlyone

Can’t believe no-one is talking about Bruce! 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

Bruce Willis
    Bruce Forsyth
    Robert the Bruce

All have as much chance as Steve tbh

grum
    Free Member

Didn’t people used to talk about Martin O’Neill as a potential future Man U manager? 😕

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

The are more laughs on STW today than ever before I reckon. Good one JY….goes to find towel to dry off coffee.

binners

I doubt Martin O’Neill would get an interview for United Utilities 5-a-side team manager, on recent form

portlyone

This being STW I thought most threads returned to Fiona Bruce at some point… 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 141 total)

The topic ‘Its official Alex Ferguson has retired, OMG’ is closed to new replies.