Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • It's been a long time since I was at Cannock…
  • sc-xc

…but I am planning a ride there in December. We used to go up every week – before FTD opened – and enjoyed bits all over the Chase.

Since the trails have been built, are there still plenty of non FTD/Monkey bits out there to make a good morning of it? I used to love the stinger, but suspect that’s long gone….

Keef
    Free Member

no.stay away.it’s all gone,gone I tell you.what is ‘stinger’ ?

sc-xc

Sounds promising. I feared that maybe the FC destroyed everything because bikes have the waymarked trails to go on now….

Suggsey
    Free Member

They have trashed a number of unofficial trails but there are others springing up to counter the FC’s ploughing!

tazzymtb

If you want a tour of miles of cheeky sneaky stuff let me know, more than happy to guide

sc-xc

That would be good Taz – it may be worth squeezing one in before December though (the Dec ride is for my 40th, and there will be 9 of us. Some quicker than others!)

takisawa2

I can happily spend the day up there & not ride any of the Dog or Monky bits.

Some great little trails up there, over yonder.

Keef
    Free Member

saying to Taz ‘squeezing one in’………er,……… :mrgreen:

tazzymtb

sc-xc we’ve got a “ride a freaky singlespeed” thing going on for the end of october where some attention whores are letting their collections be ridden by normal folks. it’ll be chilled out but cover lots of good singletrack with a pub stop at the end. You are more than welcome to come and play and try some niche 😀

or just drop me line when you are free and I’ll drag you out and take you into the deep dark woods 😉

EDIT- cheers Keefy, u were missed at umssc chap was as ace as 2010 europeans for the vibe and the course was awesome!!

sc-xc

I did presume it would be best to go fully rigid with Taz, but it’s been a while since I have got dirty in the woods – so may be a little inexperienced.

tazzymtb

sc-xc you may start with a boingy frontage, but you’ll end up stiff with sore wrists

sc-xc

Either sounds good Taz – what date in Oct? I sometimes struggle with weekends between my wife’s shifts and son’s football….

tazzymtb

as soon as we’ve got our sh-t together I’ll let you have the dates. SSers can’t be too organised it ruin the stereotype 😉

sc-xc

Cheers. I am in the one cog fb group so I’ll keep an eye on that.

Keef
    Free Member

pooh.
    shud of gone mate,pics look ace,had a gud wknd with mrs Keef,so brownie points in the bank,tho.Shud I bring Frank to the Oktobermess 😉 ,sorry,I mean ‘October try a SS’ ?

tazzymtb

ooooooo are you now? runs off to stalk you!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘It's been a long time since I was at Cannock…’ is closed to new replies.