Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • It’s all cyclists’ fault
  • Mister-P
    Free Member

A bloke on a local facebook group claims that “push bikes have cost the haulage industry millions over the past few years” and that’s why food prices have gone up.

Come on, who’s been doing supermarket deliveries on their bike? It’s all your fault you know.

Klunk
    Free Member

It’s all those sunday morning club TT’s on A14 frighten off all those polish hgv drivers

Mister-P
    Free Member

Ah maybe it’s all the lorry drivers who have become bike mechanics to double or even triple their income.

p7eaven
    Free Member

The overtaking of homo-sapiens by Artificial Intelligence shall be a trivially swift process.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

They don’t pay road tax!!!

martinhutch

The overtaking of homo-sapiens by Artificial Intelligence shall be a trivially swift process.

I think we’re barely talking about homo erectus in this instance.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

bloke on a local facebook group claims that “push bikes…

Burning’s too good for him.

sirromj

They don’t pay road tax!!!

I wish but there’s plenty of evidence that idiots on facebook do drive cars too, unfortunately.

Sandwich

And this is why I abandoned Facebook & Twitter. Too many folk who are unable to carry out joined up thinking spoiling it for everyone.

matt_outandabout

A driving license is not an intelligence test.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I had one of these idiots pop up in my timeline the other day, I had a bit of an exchange with him and I think that he was actually prepared to bet real money that his BMW 3 series would be able to overtake me when I’m on my bike.

It was then that I explained that I was a mountain biker.

desperatebicycle

And this is why I abandoned Facebook

Never seen anything remotely like that on my Facebook. Just band listings and mtb stuff on mine. Must be a different Facebook.

bfw

“I had one of these idiots pop up in my timeline the other day, I had a bit of an exchange with him and I think that he was actually prepared to bet real money that his BMW 3 series would be able to overtake me when I’m on my bike.”

I dont get this?

I will race him home from Central London to Surbiton, and I will beat him easy-peasy. On a bad day I can beat him home from Maidenhead 🙂 and I am a fat’ish 55 year old

garage-dweller

Never seen anything remotely like that on my Facebook. Just band listings and mtb stuff on mine. Must be a different Facebook.

You need to join your local community/village/town group for the full experience.

jimdubleyou

Tell him to get his opinions somewhere other than Clarkson or the Road Haulage Assoc, and/or maybe have an original thought once in his life.

See what fireworks that sparks off 🙂

shermer75
    Free Member

“push bikes have cost the haulage industry millions over the past few years” and that’s why food prices have gone up.

What? How?!?

slackboy

What? How?!?

its a well known fact that there are organised groups of eastern european cyclists who brake sharply at road junctions so HGV drivers rear end them.

They then claim masses of cash from the insurance, which has pushed premiums up so far that hauliers are struggling..

rickmeister

I will race him home from Central London to Surbiton, and I will beat him easy-peasy. On a bad day I can beat him home from Maidenhead 🙂 and I am a fat’ish 55 year old

and I bet thats without wearing your red, light, jumper.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

A driving license is not an intelligence test

🤣 oh the irony

chakaping
    Free Member

You need to join your local community/village/town group for the full experience.

Local newspaper story comments section will do the trick as well.

nickc

Christ, I did this once – Holy hell, I’ve never seen the like of it before or since. The levels of invective, spite and unfriendliness and down-right craziness was something to behold.

desperatebicycle

thegeneralist

A driving license is not an intelligence test

🤣 oh the irony

You saying matt_outandabout is thick?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.