Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • It's a sad day…….
  • devs
    Free Member

I’ve just thrown out the best bit of bike kit I ever bought. My 5:10 low impacts bought 4 years ago. The soles had worn through and they were letting too much water in. It was very sad as they have been in snow for the last few rides and so looked very clean. It took much deliberating whether to keep them for summer rides but in the end I’ve just kept the laces as spares for their replacements which have white laces.
    RIP 5:10s. You have been awesome servants.

tk46hal
    Free Member

You should have filled them with soil and planted some nice flowers in then. They would have looked good in the rockery! RIP.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

If it makes you feel any better, my 5.10 shoes died after ten months.CRC refunded the bargain price but wouldn’t replace.

Although I picked up two pairs for £70 which arrived today- better bargain!

Suggsey
    Free Member

Why didnt you just send them off for re-soling?

bloodynora
    Free Member

Sad day indeed….May their soles rest in peace

devs
    Free Member

Why didnt you just send them off for re-soling?

Because for not a lot more you can get a new set. And they are 4 years old so they ming a bit when wet. I got a replacement pair 2 years ago as they were cheap at the time but they have been sat in the cellar waiting their turn. Until now. The 5:10s are dead, long live the 5:10s!

thebunk

2fer70 quid? Where’s that from then? Mine are solidified from the amount of mud they’ve soaked up…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘It's a sad day…….’ is closed to new replies.