Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • It Gurus – Goolge Images won’t load..
  • 5plusn8
    Free Member

Daughter has a cheap lenovo laptop, on chrome, brave and edge I cannot get google images to load.
    >google.com>search for mountaian bikes> click images. It hangs..
    It fills the address bar with text etc but just hangs. Works fine on my pc (also lenovo) on same network.

I have cleared cache and coockies on all 3 browsers, task manager shows cpu and memory use is ok at 24% and 63% respectively.

5plusn8
    Free Member

Bump for vis.

I am tempted to clean install, or just sledghammer the **** thing. Windows is really shit these days, drives me mad.

butcher

I’d check the WiFi connection first, assuming that’s what she’s using to coonect. Try plugging straight into router with ether net cable if you’ve got one.

oceanskipper

Also, although a bit more involved, check if there is a graphics driver/windows update available.

For the graphics driver – Right click the windows icon bottom left, select “device manager”, click the little triangle next to “display adapter” and then right click the adapter listed. Select “update driver” and then “search automatically for drivers”.

For windows updates just search in the search box for windows updates and click check for updates…

Windows is really shit these days, drives me mad.

Actually it’s not (assuming you are using W10???).

Greybeard
    Free Member

Is it images from a Google search that won’t load, or images hosted by Google? Do other images (such on the BBC web site) load normally?

If no images are loading look here.

5plusn8
    Free Member

I’d check the WiFi connection first, assuming that’s what she’s using to coonect. Try plugging straight into router with ether net cable if you’ve got one.

1) Speedtest gives 140mb – its BT fibre no issue
    2) Other laptop works fine with same speedtest results.

For the graphics driver – Right click the windows icon bottom left, select “device manager”, click the little triangle next to “display adapter” and then right click the adapter listed. Select “update driver” and then “search automatically for drivers”.

For windows updates just search in the search box for windows updates and click check for updates…

Windows is really shit these days, drives me mad.

Actually it’s not (assuming you are using W10???).

Doing this now. Fingers xxed.

Its w10, it sucks. Updates hog all resource 3 times a week, if you want to use laptop during update cycle, forget it. So not useful or user friendly.

5plusn8
    Free Member

Is it images from a Google search that won’t load, or images hosted by Google? Do other images (such on the BBC web site) load normally?

Its a v wierd thing, just google images. So do a normal google search for anything, then click on images, it just hangs.

scuttler

Google images is apparently one way of accessing pictures of nekkid people without actually going to websites devoted to such things. As such I think there may be some sort of block either on the laptop or the ISP. If you change the ISP by going on someone else’s wireless or hotspot tether does it work?

tthew

Updates hog all resource 3 times a week, if you want to use laptop during update cycle, forget it.

This makes me think there may be something wrong with that laptop, because I never notice W10 updates occurring, even on my quite old Dell.

Superficial
    Free Member

Could it be some spyware trying to inject code into Google images?

See if the hosts.ini file has been tampered with.

Failing that, I’d cut losses with a fresh install.

edhornby

ctrl and shift and Esc gives you the good old task manager, you can see if there’s anything in the background eating all the processor resource

also do a WinDefender scan just in case

verses

I was also wondering if there’s some malware installed that’s redirecting things. Are there any 3rd party toolbars showing in the browsers?

Might be worth a scan with Malwarebytes.

oceanskipper

If the drivers weren’t an issue it sounds like you possibly might have some specific issues with that laptop caused by malware/other malicious software. Microsoft don’t release updates 3 times a week and Windows 10 is very good at managing these so that you are not massively inconvenienced apart from the odd restart here and there which are monthly rather than daily.

As others have said get a scan done and see if you can get any clues from Taskmanager as above. Some other software might be hogging all your resources….

richmars

What anti-virus has it got? The Windows 10 built in is all you need.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘It Gurus – Goolge Images won’t load..’ is closed to new replies.