Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Issue 88 has just turned up
  • thorlz
    Free Member

More of this sort of stuff and fewer international travel features, would suit me just fine.

I would also agree with the above. Best issue in a long time, long may it continue.

woody21
    Free Member

Still no download version – is it just me?

rickmeister

Waiting for the download here too…

Mark

App issue is scheduled for today. Other digital versions are in the mag archive now. Today is the official subs release date for issue 88. The postal copies have arrived early.

woody21
    Free Member

Mark – thanks for the update

rascal
    Free Member

Just had a quick flick through.
    One thing that struck me was the number of full page ads, not counting half page ads and self-promoting spreads – I haven’t compared it to previous issues but it seemed a lot (awaits a flaming).
    Content itself looks the best for a while though…

akak
    Free Member

The Dartmoor ride is useful – I could do that on a family holiday, would I regret only having a rigid SS with me though? Need to buy the OS map or make do with Garmin edge 500 navigation?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Enjoying issue 88. Thanks chaps

Mark

34 pages of ads out of 134 pages = 100 pages of editorial – well within our self imposed 33% ad limit

clubber
    Free Member

While I’m not in the market for a van I quite like these left-field articles

+1

In fact I’d go as far as to say that I’m probably more interested in articles that have no real relevance to me really than those that do.

Bunnyhop

The last 2 issues have been really good imo.

Agree that there have been too many articles on international travel. Much prefer the home turf articles.

Edit: The dedication to Brian Goldsworthy was thoughtful.

terrahawk
    Free Member

self-promoting spreads

you didn’t like our tea-drinking feature then?

Del

akak. ss? depends how much you like to hurt yourself. if the answer is ‘a lot, all the time’, then you’ll be fine. that’s quite a lumpy route. a lot of those climbs will broadly be do-able…..

NormalMan

Still no sign of mine 😥 😥

rickmeister

Download working, thanks..

rascal
    Free Member

Grumpy Mark – I hope I didn’t make you grumpier.
    It was an initial impression – an observation not a criticism.
    As I said, the editorial looks good – can we still be friends? 😆

Terra – only given it a flick through so not read anything yet – but I’m sure I will enjoy your ‘tea drinking feature’ – enjoyed the ‘Puffer programme on TV last week too.

franki
    Free Member

Not so much interested me in this issue, tbh.
    I thought the last few were great, but it’s the luck of the draw I guess. Can’t be strictly in-line with my personal biking interests all the time, eh?

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Well I enjoyed it, read the lot bar the Dartmoor bit, even the van article and I’ve no intention of buying one, if I was I’d have found that informative though. The 26er review was good too, I wish I could hotlink to the opening blurb everytime a thread appears. Liked the pinion bike too though a bit more on it would have been welcome.

NormalMan

Mine is still yet to show up.

Any others subscribers not had their copy yet?

I can download it but I like a print copy!

RustySpanner

Mark – Resident Grumpy

DezB, you’ve let me down!
    I had ‘third post in’ in the office ‘Mr. Angry rants about our van test’ sweepstake.

If it helps anyone, can I just say that this year’s April Fool’s spoof was hilarious:
    £200 for a waterproof rucksack and £250 for a pair of pedals!

Superb, had me rolling around.
    You could almost, almost believe that some people are that gullible.

martinhutch

Mark – it just let me download and read issue 88 without logging into the site, which seems odd.

Have you got some secret way of knowing I’ve paid a subscription at some point?

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

Not had mine yet either this will be the third time it’s been late anymore of this and won’t be renewing sub come jan next year 👿

muddydwarf
    Free Member

The overseas ‘mountains to sea’ article has hit the spot for me.
    Over the last six months ive fallen out of love with mountain biking, a combination of new road bike & months of horribly wet weather have really put me off riding either of my two stupidly expensive (to me) off road bikes in favour of tarmac bashing.
    However, i read the above article in bed last night & was intrigued to find the trip finished in a town called Argeles-Sur-Mer, a place I holidayed as a kid!
    Now, i want to ride there and see the place again after more than 35yrs so for me that one article* has lit a spark of interest in getting the mud bikes out again 🙂

*haven’t read the rest of the mag yet.

Mark

Fatsimon,
    Sorry it’s not turned up. All copies were collected on time from our printer and the vast majority delivered on monday. Once they are collected from the printer they are in the hands of the post and since we’ve used three different distribution companies (RM, TNT, MPI) in the last year the only common denominator in the delivery chain is the guy who pokes through the letter box ie. The Post Office. If it’s not arrived by tomorrow then give us a shout on subs@singletrackworld.com and we’ll sort you out with a copy sent direct from us here in the office. It will be Royal mail all the way, so if that one doesn’t show up I think we can say we’ve found where the problem is in the system.

Andy_Sweet
    Free Member

The van test seemed a pretty good way for ST to negotiate a good deal on a new company vehicle to me…..

terrahawk
    Free Member

The van test seemed a pretty good way for ST to negotiate a good deal on a new company vehicle to me….

nowt wrong with that.

rOcKeTdOg

I now want a van though, I’m £31,999.99 short. Any chance of a whip round?

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Issue 88 has just turned up’ is closed to new replies.