Issue 88 has just turned up

Home Forum Bike Forum Issue 88 has just turned up

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • Issue 88 has just turned up
  • Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider
    Subscriber

Looks good. Arrived early. Terrahawk and his hairy mate are in it. Who do I complain to?

Premier Icon downhilldave
    Subscriber

First time ever that I haven’t opened mine on delivery 😯 Gonna save it for my holidays next week. Hopefully.

Premier Icon gazman
    Subscriber

Ordered mine yesterday its getting more difficult to find it in the shit shops near me now.

brakes

maybe try a newsagents instead?

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Yeah, must say I’m a little perplexed at the need to include a review of VAYNS!
    “Oh they’re vans to put your bikes in”
    No, they are vans.
    Not what I personally want to see in a a bike mag.

S’only a few pages though, so don’t shoot me.

Premier Icon darrell
    Subscriber

be a few weeks til it reaches here

Premier Icon mcnultycop
    Subscriber

Where abouts are the photos taken in the 26″ reviews? Looks nice.

Premier Icon JoeG
    Subscriber

darrell – Member

be a few weeks til it reaches here

Me too. US. 😐

Premier Icon woody21
    Subscriber

Received the paper copy but not got the e-version yet

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

Yeah, must say I’m a little perplexed at the need to include a review of VAYNS!
    “Oh they’re vans to put your bikes in”
    No, they are vans.
    Not what I personally want to see in a a bike mag.
    S’only a few pages though, so don’t shoot me.

I’m disappointed there isn’t “van to put my CX bike in” supplement

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

What Van/T5 love in seems to cover a lot of threads in here…

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

DezB you must have recieved someone everyone else’s copy instead your own personal copy. Sorry about that. :p

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

What Van/T5 love in seems to cover a lot of threads in here…

And that’s where it should stay 😛

Premier Icon vondally
    Subscriber

good edition I thought from the how much for a van/lifestyle accessory to guy martin/terrahawk and pyrennees to sea…

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

I read it last night, as I rocked back and too, sobbing gently, after last nights trudge through a bog ride

And I’ve got to say I was very disappointed.I thought we were promised Harry_the_Spider’s smoothie maker review, with recipe supplement, this month? Next month then chaps? Pull your fingers out!

Great article on Terrahawk and his mate. I keep getting the feeling I’ve seen him somewhere before though

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

Interesting article but £32k for a converted van with extra seats in it 😯

blimey.

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Ordered mine yesterday its getting more difficult to find it in the shit shops near me now.

Get yourself a subscription. You also get a fancy square with a P in in next to your name. Then you’re opinions are at least twice as valid as any of the ‘P’less oiks on here.

nbt

binners wrote:

I keep getting the feeling I’ve seen him somewhere before though

He whizzed past you twice as you lurked dealt with a mechanical trying desperately to fix it in time to get another lap in before the race finished gave up and had a fag at the end of HTN last year

Premier Icon Del
    Subscriber

it’s sitting on the coffee table. haven’t finished 87 yet, i don’t think. is it any good? quality/volume/content seems to have been up and down like a whore’s drawers since the ‘re-launch’. 😐

Premier Icon miketually
    Subscriber

A quick look though last night and it looks like a good one.

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Should we just refer to it as the retro edition, as it has tests on bikes with 26″ wheels 😉

Jamie

I’m disappointed there isn’t “van to put my CX bike in” supplement

Saving that for Grit.CX.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

you must have recieved someone everyone else’s copy instead your own personal copy

See, you say that – but how many people will buy a van based on what they read in STW? 1? 2?

(no, I’m not going to let this lie!)

akak

Some good stuff this month I thought, review section never seems to cover much i’d buy though.

Premier Icon Mark
    Subscriber

DezB, you’ve let me down!
    I had ‘third post in’ in the office ‘Mr. Angry rants about our van test’ sweepstake.

🙂

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Sorry Mark, missed it by an hour! I did consider starting my own thread, but decided I didn’t really care that much 😉

Bikepimp

Del,
    I’ve been a subscriber from issue one and not really take with the last few editions. This months one is more on par. Long may it continue.

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

Haven’t Yeti pulled the plug on the SB66 now?

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Think they still do the cheapo carbon version.

Premier Icon Speshpaul
    Subscriber

Oh a review of a VW clitoris………………

Maybe i’ve just read too many bike mags, but i’ve struggled with the last few ST’s. 87 isn’t finished yet.
    I’ve started on priviteer again from Vol1, maybe i should unsub for a while, a change and all that.

brakes

how come STW never comes with stickers?

Premier Icon Speshpaul
    Subscriber

it did once.

Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider
    Subscriber

I’m all for non-bike group tests. There is no way that I’ll be spending £3k on a bike at any point in this life time, but I will probably spend £100 on a roof carrier or £250 on a kids’ bike in the next year or so.

One for estate cars might make quite a fun/imteresting article (I’m not suggesting that STW go out and buy a load of Audis) but there are numerous “What car?” threads. I bet that they could get a few of us to turn up with our own and we could see how many bikes/bodies we could get in them whilst comparing real life fuel economy, cost of ownership experiences etc. Meet at a trail centre. Get some nice pictures. Pinch the prices from Parker’s Guide. Boom! Relevant article on the cheap.

You wouldn’t even have to pay for the diesel.

Premier Icon Normal Man
    Subscriber

Haven’t got mine yet 😥

Premier Icon Bunnyhop
    Subscriber

Terrahawk and Guy were talking about tandeming.
    If you’re reading this Terrahawk, you can borrow ours, DO NOT break it though 🙂

Premier Icon matt_outandabout
    Subscriber

Love the 18bikes pinion.

Premier Icon rowlapa1974
    Subscriber

Like the Ratboy article. Met him at Llandegla in January and he was great guy who was happy to chat and take the p**s when required

Premier Icon terrahawk
    Subscriber

If you’re reading this Terrahawk, you can borrow ours, DO NOT break it though

thanks, but there’s no need. We’ve got a boffin on’t job.

Premier Icon roverpig
    Subscriber

I’ve not read it all, but I think this issue looks a lot better (for me) than many of the recent ones. While I’m not in the market for a van I quite like these left-field articles and if you are looking for a vehicle to transport your bikes, where better to turn that ST. It’s not as if Top Gear are going to pay much attention to the needs of mountain bikers.

The articles on Terrahawk, Guy and Ratboy all look interesting. I also really enjoyed Chipps’ editorial on the Shackleton expedition. Informative and thought provoking, which is exactly what I want from a magazine really.

More of this sort of stuff and fewer international travel features, would suit me just fine.

Premier Icon bullroar
    Subscriber

Had a quick rummage this evening. Should pass a couple of decent length train journeys. No problem with the van article, carting bikes and bodies about the place is part of riding. Might be in the market for new chainset soon, so that review is timely and some potentially interesting main articles.

+1 on the Editorial and International travel which seems to have been a bit overdone of late.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Issue 88 has just turned up’ is closed to new replies.