Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Isn't LocTite ace! Life changing inventions.
  • Harry_the_Spider

There was a Sheriff Woody / Ceramic Cow interface at home this morning.

Thanks to the magic of Loctite I think I’ve got away with it. I just have to smuggle said cow back into position this evening.

Other life changing inventions.

dandelionandmurdoch
    Free Member

This one always does it for me:

Hope you get away with it, BTW!

Harry_the_Spider

Photosynthesis wasn’t invented in a shed by a man in a tank top!

I won’t get away with it forever, but it will reduce the fury. 😉

“WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?”

“Ages ago. I fixed it. He said sorry.”

donsimon
    Free Member

Toilet paper.

sweepy
    Free Member

sugru

Ive just ordered some of this, i’m scouring the house for stuff to fix

Harry_the_Spider

Others.

Hairychested
    Free Member

According to my next-door neighbour:

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Zip Ties! Good for bike bodges, good for ‘around the home’ bodges, great for the gardeners amongst us and the perfect accessory for those with a penchant for kidnap.

What more could you want?

jon1973
    Free Member

Hope you get away with it, BTW!

Photosynthesis isn’t really an invention though.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Photosynthesis isn’t really an invention though

Yeah right, the trees just sort of thought of it!

Haven’t you lot heard of God? He was inventing stuff before you lot were even in existence. In fact, it was a slight cock up in his shed (the Big Bang) that led you your creation…

… and before you start whining about religion and proof, I have proof. His shed was blown apart in the Big Bang, correct? There has been no sightings of this shed since. If that is not proof then I don’t know what is!

DaveRambo

+1 for Sugru.
    I can’t help but look at things with a view to improving them.

Latest improvements

Replacing rubber plugs with Sugru on front mud guard to make it fit better
    Adding Sugru ‘wings’ to iphone charger plug as to make it easier to remove from wall
    Making bottom of a mixing bowl ‘grippy’ with a thin roll of Sugru.

Magic stuff

chakaping
    Free Member

A pair of these arrived yesterday and have quickly moved to the top of my “favourite tools” list…

It’s a set of pliers for opening stubborn Powerlinks btw.

Didn’t they do a poll of scientists at the end of the millennium and they voted the bikini as the greatest invention of the 20th century. I’m with them anyway.

cynic-al
    Free Member

OP do you mean superglue rather that threadlock?

Harry_the_Spider

Regular “pot cow fixing” superglue. Ultra Gel to be specific.

thepurist

Today I’m particularly thankful for

and

jon1973
    Free Member

He was inventing stuff before you lot were even in existence

OK, smart arse, which came first then, God or Duct Tape? He couldn’t have invented anything without that.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

God or Duct Tape

God, but he was put together with WD40 and Duck Tape

dandelionandmurdoch
    Free Member

But without photosynthesis, human beings wouldn’t have oxygen to breathe and would never have been able to come up with the concept of god.

jon1973
    Free Member

DUCT tape.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

dandelion – You have it wrong, you are putting Descarte before the horse

Harry_the_Spider

But man didn’t invent photosynthesis in his shed did he? God did.

Man

Glue
    Sliced bread
    Planes
    Cable ties
    Sex toys (batteries included)
    Laptop computers
    Pliers
    Cold remedies
    Nappies that don’t leak

God

Photosynthesis
    Duct tape (probably)

Oggles
    Free Member

Man

The Internet – so people could ruin even more good discussions by bringing up the existence of their god.

dandelionandmurdoch
    Free Member

After some tangential pondering about the Flying Spaghetti Monster (who ACTUALLY invented duct tape, FYI) I’ve know realised that the most lovely, and hence best, thing ever invented is:

(Clue: it’s not the fork, though that is a close second)

toys19
    Free Member

Duck Tape

I remain convinced that this is the result of a very smart bit of marketing capitalising on the misheard lyrics brand names phenomenon. So clever that on their packet it says something like “the original duck tape now available blah blah”. They can rewrite knowledge with advertising, user acceptance and wikipedia you know…

Andituk
    Free Member

Superglue Gel is adhesive of the gods.

I’m nominating Ratchet Spanners as an awesome invention.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Back to the OP – I got 20gm superglue for £3 in a model shop lately – branded stuff is £5 for 5ml 😡

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Duck Tape

Harry_the_Spider

Back to the OP – I got 20gm superglue for £3 in a model shop lately – branded stuff is £5 for 5ml

WOW! If my son takes out another ceramic cow with his Sheriff Woody I know who to call.

toys19
    Free Member

Duck Tape

Very good charlie, you have convinced me..

chakaping
    Free Member

And I thought I was wasting my time coming on this forum, great to finally have that one answered Charlie!

Cougar

Duck Tape

Nice unbiased website you’ve found there.

Duck / duct is another “we don’t really know” etymology. These days “Duck Tape” is a brand name and “duct tape” is generic (see also, Sellotape). As I’m not American, I’ll stick with the generic terminology I think.

Cougar

And anyway, god didn’t invent duct tape, as every geek knows it’s what they mean by “the Force” in Star Wars.

You’re right about the Big Bang though, one of the Norse gods still has the hammer.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

duck(t) tape is brilliant, I’ve used it for loads of repairs

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Duck / duct is another “we don’t really know” etymology. These days “Duck Tape” is a brand name and “duct tape” is generic (see also, Sellotape). As I’m not American, I’ll stick with the generic terminology I think.

Fuct off

Sounds to me that the stuff was invented in WWII, it kept water out of things, operated when wet, much like a duck, and unlike a duct. Then some clever fella decided to capitalise on the fact that duck tape was and unregistered name and so set up company making duck tape and called his company Duck. Probably a bit like Jeep, which despite uncertain origins came to mean a certain type of vehicle, not one manufactured by the Jeep company, in fact one manufactured by Willys. And incidentally, willy as a name for the male member was in use before the the Willys company started manufacturing them etc.. etc..

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Has anyone mentioned Gaffer Tape ? ……. it has a multitude of uses, and I always carry a roll in my toolbag/car.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Isn't LocTite ace! Life changing inventions.’ is closed to new replies.