Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Islabiking on Upton pump track, ace!
  • Markie
    Free Member

Took a family ride out to Upton park for the first time today and was astounded to discover it has a little pump track – the first I’ve ever seen!

I had my bit of fun on it, but the biggest thrill was watching Ms Markie zooming round, just great!

Anyone else seen some sweet Islabike action today?

edit: sorry daveagiles, sorted it now!

daveagiles
    Free Member

Loop-the-loop some serious skills there.

Edit: Photo now the right way up 🙂

Kevsterjw
    Free Member

It’s ace the park is cool too, nice to see something done properly. We pop there from blewbury.

legend
    Free Member

We had a 3 year old smashing the pump track at our wedding (yes, you read that right). Think she put in moar laps than anyone 🙂

matt_outandabout

A week back: Islabikes on techno Gnar in the Lakes.

IMAG0224 by matt_outandabout, on Flickr

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Teh RADn3ZZZ!

Upton Park where? West ‘am?

Markie
    Free Member

Upton Park where? West ‘am?

😀 Upton Park, Upton Village, South Oxfordshire for us.

mattoutandabout, I was worried enough as she shot off down the pump track, I’m not quite sure I’ll ever be able to face the technognar with her :/

A bit of a better shot of the track, with Ms Markie waiting for a go on the zip wire as moodily as a 4 year old (with helmet hair!) can:

mtbfix

We are heading up there next week with mtbfixlette and her little friend. Looking forward to it.

maxtorque

Make sure you do this:

UPTONOGOOD FAMILY MTB event

It’s a cracking fun event for the family to do, and for the more serious riders the 45mile loop take in some of the classic Ridgeway descents and climbs too!

Also, the pump track, watch out if you do it on a full sized MTB, the “tripple” can bite you………. (don’t ask how i know this 😉

motivforz
    Free Member

Was that you I saw near the pump track at about 130pm today then? I cycled by and saw some kiddies on it, looked like they were having fun!

bensales
    Free Member

No photos, but my lad managed his first complete loop of the block unaided on his Cnoc 16..#prouddad

matt_outandabout

Markie – the reason there are so few pictures was that I was spotting him and running around in case. My poor heart. But, he rode most of it and in style. So much for needing big bikes – v brakes, 80mm suspension and some attitude….

johnny

Agree with all above, great for kids, the Uptonogood event is a great day, (and financed the development) and the track is pretty sweet to play on yourself!

Crucially, it has other little attractions for big and little people- there’s a good playground, and the George and Dragon pub on the main road has a good little playground itself. And Aunt Sally. And beer.

Leigh2612
    Free Member

Sounds like there are more local STWers than I thought… I’m in didcot if anyone fancies a ride, drop me an email.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Islabiking on Upton pump track, ace!’ is closed to new replies.