Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • ISIS BBs – rebuildable?
  • epicyclo

A few years back I recall a discussion on ISIS BBs and one was mentioned as rebuildable.

Can’t remember the details – did it exist or was it vapourware?

Crank Bros, SKF?

paton
    Free Member

Stronglight twister

21.5 31 14

DR21531sw

qwerty
    Free Member

Race Face, Turbine or Signature ISIS BB is, I have the Race Face tools & a couple of the BBs in the garage.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Last time my Race Face ISIS bottom bracket needed new bearings, it was cheaper to buy a new XT chainset which came with a bottom bracket – so I did.

epicyclo

Onzadog
    Last time my Race Face ISIS bottom bracket needed new bearings, it was cheaper to buy a new XT chainset which came with a bottom bracket – so I did.

I have some nice ISIS Middleburn cranks, and I do not want to replace them with modern stuff so I want to keep my ISIS BBs going as long as possible.

One way to do that is rebuild them, or acquire sufficient stock for the future. Prefer rebuilding.

qwerty
    Free Member

IIRC the SKF was the holy grail of longevity for ISIS back in the day.

epicyclo

qwerty

IIRC the SKF was the holy grail of longevity for ISIS back in the day.

It was. I also had good results with the Crank Brothers ISIS BB.

However, I’m thinking to the future, so rebuildable is an essential.

isitafox
    Free Member

A lot of the bike trials ones are seperate axle/bearings/endcaps but may be too long. Worth having a look on Tartybikes.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I have some nice ISIS Middleburn cranks, and I do not want to replace them with modern stuff so I want to keep my ISIS BBs going as long as possible.

One way to do that is rebuild them, or acquire sufficient stock for the future. Prefer rebuilding.

That’s exactly what my plan was as I had some nice Turbine cranks. The reason I got the 4 bearing RF bb was for durability and repairability. But annoyed how it played out and feel a bit let down by the brand really.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘ISIS BBs – rebuildable?’ is closed to new replies.