Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Ise of Mann, End to End roll call
  • Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Ok who’s going from the STW? Come and say hi to the dude on the Ritchey P29er…

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Whilst i appreciate this could sound really anal… I’m impressed just how badly you have managed to spell the Isle of Man! 🙂

On a serious note, I’d love to have a crack at the E2E – looks like a great event!

robarnold
    Free Member

Attempt number 9 for me this year. Helps that i live a mile down the hill from the finish…the missus will be in the finish field with a beer for me :D. The forecast is pissing it down for the next two days then sunny spells and strong winds on Sunday. North east wind so could be a quick one

jools182
    Free Member

The ‘of’ was right

wittonweavers
    Free Member

🙂

dan314
    Free Member

I’ll be there, hoping to improve on last years time! https://vimeo.com/49277320

stevio

i’ll be there @ sign on handing out tees probably both days – look for a Hobbit telling you what you can squeeze in a medium tee. It’s quite a lot of cake and choccy :)… `Say Hi!!

And a dodgy knee means no actual riding being done. Just don’t tell the organisers or they may give me a proper job on Sunday….

composite
    Free Member

I’ll be there. Heading out tomorrow morning to get the ferry and stay with a mate who lives in Castle Town. We’ll be signing on Friday night, are you handing out tees then stevio?

I’ll be on a Black P7 with red rims. Say hi if you notice me in the sea of 1500 bikes.

robarnold
    Free Member

I’ll have a medium Stevie! My missus wears then to bed, she’s got quite a collection by now!

joeliom
    Free Member

2nd time for me, just looking forward to getting the start out the way and allow the field to spread a little.

Conditions not looking too great, however can’t be any worse than the headwind & monsoon at the sloc last year 😀

sefton
    Free Member

I HAVE AN ENTRY WITH TRANSPORT FOR SALE!!!

IF YOU DONT HAVE TRANSPORT YOU CAN BUY MINE (CHEAPER THAN TAXI)

Andy_K

First time for me, heading over from west cumbria. First time on the Isle despite looking across at it for 30 years!

Will be on a well used black and white Trek Remedy.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Sefton i’m interested!

email me on hallz at sky dot com

iomnigel
    Free Member

Rob, does that mean your wife wears my t-shirt in bed……

Yes, am in, helpful that I live in Douglas. Rigid Niner Air 9 Carbon… Say Hi if you see me – number 41.

One of the handful of events I can actually enter on the Island as am normally organising the things!

Nigel

sefton
    Free Member

Witton -YGM

robarnold
    Free Member

It’s as close as you’ll ever get to her in that sense Nige!

The weather has broken in the last 24hrs and is set to piss it down all day today and tomorrow (Sunday). That should ween out those lacking enthusiasm! So much for a long dry summer!

sefton
    Free Member

HAHA -Will separate the men from the boys!

good luck all!

manxambassador
    Free Member

Starting to question my summer tyre choice… It seems to have stopped raining at least. Well for now anyway.

boltonjon

Great event

Daisy_Duke – was chatting to you on the road section near Patrick – i was on the bright yellow C456

Still feeling sore today 🙂

composite
    Free Member

On the Saturday we went up to one of the plantations near Castle Town. About 50meters into the first trail I slipped off a wet root and had a head on collision with a tree. Broke my Hope X2 front brake, bent a saddle rail and landed really heavily on my thigh on top of lump of wood. I was struggling to even walk in the evening and thought it was all over.

Woke up Sunday with a massive bruise and still limping. We stripped parts off my mates spare bike and I gave it ago anyway. First 10 miles were agony but finished in 4hours 35mins which all things considered I was fairly happy with. 😀

dan314
    Free Member

I was pretty slow as usual but still happy with my 6hrs and 28 minutes, an hour better than last year and 10 minutes better than my previous best in 2011 (although the course has been slightly different every year…) Here is my edit from Sunday https://vimeo.com/74233440

stevio

congrats to all who attempted it on Sunday – i was bag van man and general Finish dogsbody until about 6.15pm. Seemed like a hard year but every one seemed to like the new course bits. Several bad crashes tho’.

Must definitely ride next year (after i’ve lost a stone in weight :(…) to avoid being recruited….

i take it you’ll all be back (apart from Rob & Nigel who hang around a bit…) PS if you like it Nigel organised the only 100 mile MTB race in Britain this year….

stevio

congrats to all who attempted it on Sunday – i was bag van man and general Finish dogsbody until about 6.15pm. Seemed like a hard year but every one seemed to like the new course bits. Several bad crashes tho’.

Must definitely ride next year (after i’ve lost a stone in weight :(…) to avoid being recruited….

i take it you’ll all be back (apart from Rob & Nigel who hang around a bit…) PS if you like it Nigel organised the only 100 mile MTB race in Britain this year….

robarnold
    Free Member

Another vid from a local lad here:

A lesson of how not to ride the sloc from quite a few riders and some good prangs! Let the brakes off people for God’s sake!

velomanic
    Free Member

I was hoping to finish in under 5 hours and crossed the line in 4:55 so happy with that!

Enjoyed the new trial through Arrasey, I know a lot of work went into that so thanks to all involved.

timlane7
    Free Member

I was there, tough but a great ride. 6hrs 17mins for me.

boltonjon

The video on sloc is brilliant Rob – but scarily – its mostly people who finished in the top 150

At least half of them crash or dab – its hardly the most challenging track

The massively tense riding style, abundance of lycra and shaved legs clearly demonstrates how well the roadies do in this event

have you seen any footage from Arrassey yet?

I bet that there was a lot of pushing!

andrewh
    Free Member

jools182 – Member

The ‘of’ was right

Shouldn’t it have a capital O if it’s in a name?

scud
    Free Member

I “think” i enjoyed it, really wanted to beat 5 hours this year, but 2 punctures and an off in to the gorse meant just over 5 hours for me, gives me reason to go back again next year though.

Does feel like a proper mountain bike race compared to just doing laps of a field somewhere and the support from the Manx people is always brilliant. What made me laugh was coming into Port Erin, all the locals were happy to stop their cars and wait for you to go through and watched, the only people in cars that decided they couldn’t wait and had to push through the traffic had UK plates and bike racks!

mark88

3.50 for me, was aiming for 4.30 so made up with that.
    Much more enjoyable than last year, the course was great and the rain made it a bit more technical.

At least half of them crash or dab – its hardly the most challenging track

The massively tense riding style, abundance of lycra and shaved legs clearly demonstrates how well the roadies do in this event

have you seen any footage from Arrassey yet?

I bet that there was a lot of pushing!
    I’m one of those that dabs in the footage, it was pretty slippy up there and my brake had packed in.
    Dan314’s onboard shows there’s plenty of opportunity to make up places on the downhill sections.
    There’s plenty of photos of people pushing in there appearing on facebook.

Shred
    Free Member

I was quite surprised at how many of those guys were battling down the Sloc. I am in the video, but was stuck behind 3 other guys and ended up having stop due the front guy crashing.

I really enjoyed the event this year, the course was good and there didn’t seem to be any major problems. I did my best time ever of just over 4 hours, but am quite upset that I missed breaking 4 by a few minutes.

boltonjon

I missed my target time of 4 hours by 45 seconds!!

Gutted!

to be fair, the track at the side of sloc was one of my local trails when learning to mountain bike 🙂

robarnold
    Free Member

I missed my target time of 4 hours by 45 seconds!!

Gutted!

to be fair, the track at the side of sloc was one of my local trails when learning to mountain bike

I grew up a few hundred yards from Jon only a couple of miles as the crow flies from the Sloc trail, I’m in the vid coming barrelling through at about 17m 45s then getting held up on the boards themselves. The two lads who had just euro-tripodded down that section did a great job of getting out my way though, it was much appreciated. I caught another lad another few yards down but he too leapt like a gazelle out the way as soon as he heard my pro 2 hub clacking away behind him!

I was pushing on as I knew my target time would be tight and my watch was telling me I was getting close. In the end I had to go easy over Ballarock suffering with my usual cramp, passed another half dozen through the fields but came in at 4hrs 3mins. I improved on last years position by 30 places and had a great time in the process. Don’t think I’ll ever beat my PB of 3hrs 36min again from 2007. That year I’d come back especially from guiding in the Alps with Bike Village for the weekend so I’m was somewhat fitter and about 2st lighter than I am now working shifts and running round after a 2 year old with another due shortly!

It’s a great event and one that I’m proud to be part of every year, particularly as a local, it really helps put IOM mountain biking on the map.

boltonjon

hey rob – i still need to get my KOM back from you & Steve from the top of Cronky 🙂

robarnold
    Free Member

The only involvement Franklin had was putting the Garmin in my bag at the top then getting it out again at the bottom. After I’d been sitting waiting for him for five minutes eating and rehydrating 😀

boltonjon

Sounds like a team plan to me )

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Ise of Mann, End to End roll call’ is closed to new replies.