Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Is this your typical London cyclist?
  • crikey
    Free Member

http://www.copenhagencyclechic.com/

Shock horror, people using bikes as transport….

rewski
    Free Member

Chill out people, hint of double standards here, WE all follow fashion and trends, some more than other’s, you’re starting to sound like bitter twentysomethings, being a chubby middle age dad with skater shoes (after all I wore them first time round) I’ve seen all this before, I personally think it’s pretty cool that cycling has become so popular and trendy, it must be really helping the economy, there’s a lot of british made kit out there being bought, got to take the rough with the smooth.

lesa
    Free Member

**** Fashion Look Like F***ing Idiots to me

emsz
    Free Member

I mean how can you ride a bike wearing shoes like these

pretty easily actually, BTW you don’t think she looks hot?

Probably because he’s wearing daft clothes

erm, jacket, shirt, trousers, shoes…daft, right. 🙄

will
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member

anyone who’s prepared to get on a bike in London (or anywhere really) is a ‘real’ cyclist, in my book.

If it’s one less car journey and one more slightly healthier person then it’s all good, no

Spot on!

Some stupid views in this thread! In my opinion the more people using bikes the better!

Also, Paul Smith’s bike looks cool I think!

Stuey01
    Free Member

You could make a case for these people being more of a “real cyclist” than most MTBers.
    They are actually using their bikes as a mode of transport, as opposed to pissing about in the woods.

wwaswas

A proper cyclist, earlier;

honourablegeorge

“Let he who hasn’t been seen in lycra cast the first stone”

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I bet some of these folk are more “real” cyclist than many on this thread.

After all the typical STWer drives his expensive bike to a set of trails every week or two, dresses in a uniform and rides the trails then drives home. Are they more of a real cyclist than the person who uses a bike for daily transport?

Nobby

All riding’s good.

wwaswas

I bet that London fashion cyclist lot aren’t flinging banana skins around with gay abandon either.

maxray
    Free Member

Chill out people, hint of double standards here, WE all follow fashion and trends, some more than other’s, you’re starting to sound like bitter twentysomethings, being a chubby middle age dad with skater shoes (after all I wore them first time round) I’ve seen all this before, I personally think it’s pretty cool that cycling has become so popular and trendy, it must be really helping the economy, there’s a lot of british made kit out there being bought, got to take the rough with the smooth.

+1 Rewski.

Junkyard
    Free Member

WE all follow fashion and trends

I can post up pics to suggest i dont
    If the trendy folk of that ther eLondon town want to accesorise their life with a bicycle then frankly [ whilst I dontcare] it really is a good thing.
    I agree with Donk etc there are people who own bikes and then cyclsits.
    I dont see much point dissing others who are not as bike obsessed as we few on here tbh.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

WE all follow fashion and trends

Nope – not me gov

DezB
    Free Member

Am I allowed to agree with Mr Taylforth? They look like bunch of ****ts not stylish cyclists.

clubber
    Free Member

The key thing that will make cycling more pleasant and safer in this country is when people stop seeing cycling as something that just ‘proper cyclists’ do.

In the same way that critical mass is largely counterproductive because of the beardy wierdy types that it’s perceived to (and sometimes actually does) consist of – once non-cycling people stop thinking of cyclists as different to ‘normal people’ then it’ll be accepted – eg when they see their mates, families, colleagues cycling – people they know (and maybe like) and consider normal. Beardy wierdy types make it too easy to sideline cyclists as being ‘different from me’ or ‘not normal people’.

Making cycling more popular even if it’s fashion driven (eg the current fixie trend) is a good thing for those reasons – it gets previously non-cycling people on bikes. Sure some will stop when the next fashion comes along. Many however, won’t.

Similarly, with traffic being so bad in cities, more and more people are taking to bikes (British Olympic success hasn’t hurt this either IMO) and ironically, that’s what’s actually driving us towards a non-beardy wierdy critical mass.

EDIT – TJ – yes you do or you would never have that midlife crisis mane 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

That yellow T shirt bloke has got a rear mech, he’d be laughed out of Hoxton for that wouldn’t he?

Here’s a more fetching London cyclist…

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Nice one, they look like they’re enjoying riding their bikes.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

EDIT – TJ – yes you do or you would never have that midlife crisis mane

Its gone.

clubber
    Free Member

Ah so you succumbed to convention 😉

phinbob

I’m a fairly regular commuter, summer – suit (except dress down Fridays) now it’s wetter I’ve gone for a flouro waterproof jobbie. Biggest adjustment is to remember to cycle for transport and not try and take down the courrier that’s jsut sped past…

Having livend and ridden in Copenhagen where noone dresses up in anything other than normal clothes to cycle to work, it’s alwys interesting to see so many of my fellow cyclists dressed for a club run in lycra etc. I often wonder how far they are going.

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

i thibk paul smith looks cool.. I like his bike too 🙂

vinnyeh

nice troll davidtaylforth- scruff starts one on the same subject, gets to 5 posts, you’ve hit 60+ in a fraction of the time. 😆

rusty90
    Free Member

paul smith looks cool

And he’s doing a track stand, which is the epitome of cool.

wwaswas

Paul Smith would look cooler with some socks on.

Men over 50 should keep their ankles to themselves.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

After all the typical STWer drives his expensive bike to a set of trails every week or two, dresses in a uniform and rides the trails then drives home. Are they more of a real cyclist than the person who uses a bike for daily transport?

I do both. 😳

Oh, and me? White tyres? With MY reputation?

White walls, yes. White tyres, no. 😉

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

Paul Smith= Dryed out old fool

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

A proper cyclist, earlier;

OMG its Biker fox a nob of biblical proportions.

Biker fox

His front flip trick(sic) will make you lol.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzrIb-HNvzw&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Is this your typical London cyclist?’ is closed to new replies.