Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Equipment-less bicep exercises
  • Duane…
    Free Member

Hi all,

Simple question really.

Is there an equivalent to pressups (so chest and triceps) and situps (abs) (ie exercises which are effective but don’t need equipment and can be done pretty much anywhere), for biceps/upper arms?

stevomcd
    Free Member

Pull-ups? Can be done off a doorframe, staircase, etc.

slimjim78
    Free Member

my left arm gets a much better work out than my right.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Dear oh dear, how old are you Duane?

nedrapier

walk back from the shops doing curls with your carrier bags. It’s a good look, the girls love it. Don’t forget the pout and the occasional grimace.

Duane…
    Free Member

*should have expected replies along the lines of slimjims* 😛

Kevevs
    Free Member

Just the thought experiment alone, of lifting the weight of stw cynicism in both hands, should be enough for your brain to send the message to your arms to bulk-the-****-up.

Curl big rocks like Rocky Balboa. Huu-aahh!

SD-253
    Free Member

You know a curling bar is’nt that expensive nor are the weights. Try freecycle there is hundreds of people out there who buy and soon stop useing them. Or an Ebay local search and save. That assume you don’t live rural, you might not have the same chance of getting a close by and therefore saving P&P

Kevevs
    Free Member

erm..

but don’t need equipment and can be done pretty much anywhere

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q57qB6Kwroo&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

SD-253
    Free Member

Kevevs – Member

but don’t need equipment and can be done pretty much anywhereHi Kevevs
    I have no intentions of looking at the video as I believe it is a film not real life. Rocky is not real life…………..honest

Kevevs
    Free Member

I wasnae serious! 😕

Duane…
    Free Member

SD – it’s not the cost. I’m a member of local gym which obviously has all the equipment. It’s just that often when I’m out running or whatever I so some pressups and situps, and a bit of variation would be nice 🙂

SD-253
    Free Member

Duane

You have not said why you want to build your biceps? I would stress to the nob heads that strength stamina and flexibility are all part of healthy life style especially as a lot of people work in front of computers and therefore need to do all of the latter

Duane…
    Free Member

Umm, just general bulking up/maintenance I guess.

SD-253
    Free Member

SD – it’s not the cost. I’m a member of local gym which obviously has all the equipment. It’s just that often when I’m out running or whatever I so some pressups and situps, and a bit of variation would be nice

First I think you may find it difficult to find an exercise to do while you are running furthermore I am not sure it is a good idea unless you are doing circuit training (or the equivalent). You should really be hammering the biceps to get “bulked up”. Example 3 exercises of 3 sets with between 8 to 12 repetitions per set working to exhaustion. i.e. if you do less than 8 the weight is to heavy more than 12 it is to light. Checking in a book or on the Internet that each exercise does not do exactly the same bicep muscles I am afraid this is the way you build so called bulk. I am of course assuming that is your intention?? PS double the time between reps that you took to do the reps………although I just have a clock which goes of every 1 min 30 seconds!!

SD-253
    Free Member

Pull up on a tree branch? hands facing behind you chin up to tree = biceps and chest. Reverse all of the latter is back and triceps. Bit difficult to find the latter but that is all I can think of.

molgrips
    Free Member

Big biceps are a pretty artificial thing tbh. You’ll be asking about silicone bum implants and hair replacement next.

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

I find my children perfect for upper body training, as time goes on the resistance naturally increases.

jon1973
    Free Member

my left arm gets a much better work out than my right.

I know it feels like cheating, but you should alternate.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Squats, deadlifts, benchpress, pull- ups and military presses. 5 sets of 3 reps 3 times a week.

highclimber
    Free Member

if you have one of these:

you can do this:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81243430/

(SFW)

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Equipment-less bicep exercises’ is closed to new replies.