Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • is this ok, loks like manhole cover inside a kitchen
  • chaos

Bruton always looks ok when I ride through on the way up to the folks in Somerset. Especially if you like a decent restaurant or two and need decent schools for kids. + on mainline to London / South-West & near the A303 if needed.

There are some trails just east of there by King Alfred’s Tower from memory and further south you can get on the NCN 25 or 26 to get down to the coast / Purbecks / etc. mix of road/gravel on those routes.

creakingdoor
    Free Member

So what’s wrong with Yeovil then?

A friend lives in Chetnole.
    Refers to Yeovil as Yeovile.
    I’ve been there once and the demographic was ‘interesting’.

thecaptain
    Free Member

My house in Japan had a hatch in the kitchen floor like that…but it was an upside down house, the kitchen was one storey up! It was an underfloor storage bin.

thecaptain
    Free Member

Tangentially related question: how do you find out if a house is connected to mains sewerage system? There is a septic tank on the site of my FiL’s house which he claims is no longer in use. We think he made up his story about connecting to mains sewerage to cover up his embarrassment at lack of maintenance.

i_scoff_cake
    Free Member

CON29 report?

the-muffin-man

Unless there’s been a lot of building work around him and new main drains have been installed I’d guess he’s still on a septic tank.

New drains don’t magically appear! 🤣

lakesrider
    Free Member

Went to shepton mallet today and I liked it there, it’s even got a Screwfix! Possibly found a house, anyone want to piss on my bonfire and tell me it’s terrible town before I put an offer in 😂

I was going to send one of my kids in to Screwfix to ask for a shepton mallett but then I thought they’ve probably heard that a million times before

squirrelking
    Free Member

We never got build over permission as such when we did our extension, mostly because it’s a shared sewer (still exist in Scotland) and Scottish Water were only concerned with whether we were going to cause them headaches later on. Pre and post build video surveys were fine.

+1 for manholes at regular intervals, we have them every couple of houses and at corners, makes maintenance a doddle (once you’ve shifted the two council super-flags).

If they’ve ‘saved money’ by not moving the drain what else have they ‘saved money’ on – other than the crap oven setup!
    Is that the microwave sat on top of the 5′ high oven unit?

What’s wrong with the oven setup? Means you get a double oven at a sensible height without a full height cabinet, we have one the exact same. And used to have the microwave on top!

Also, HOW MUCH???

trail_rat
    Free Member

What’s wrong with the oven setup?

I think it’s a short person problem.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Well it is handy being able to send the wean to turn it on. That aside how is it any more stupid than an under counter single or stand alone?

FWIW a full height unit would have looked stupid/imposing where we put it and there wasn’t much in the way of alternatives.

timba
    Free Member

Local school has an inspection cover in the staff room (which is in an extension). When that backs up the drain company has to drag its well-used kit through the school. There is the bonus that one false move with the pressure in the open inspection cover…

At least you’d have a moppable floor

rockandrollmark

Yeah. I’d run a million miles from that. They could’ve rerouted the sewer / drainage when they built the extension. That they’ve chosen not to is an indication of the impending barrel of bodge-jobs that you’ll discover if you become the owner of this fine abode.

devbrix
    Free Member

Also, how is that massive space heated? I doubt that radiator would do the job.

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.