Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • is there a shortage on spokes?
  • andybrad

Im coming up to 2 weeks for my rear wheel being in the lbs. Are they particularly difficult to source at the moment?

simondbarnes

What have they said?

joebristol

Not that I’m aware of. Ryan builds wheels got me spokes a few weeks back within 1 working day. ACI available from cycle basket still, and Rose sent me new DT Swiss spokes a few months back.

paulhaycraft

I had to go to Rose for the size I wanted last week so there could be – especially if they’re limited to particular UK suppliers.

jimmy748

I paid extra for custom cut spokes last week as the correct length ones were on 2 week back order.

hooli

It seems there is a shortage of everything bike related at the moment.

chakaping
    Free Member

Possibly, my mechanic had to switch supplier when doing me a rebuild recently. Normal one had no stock, which he said was unusual.

footflaps

Anything bike related appears to be in short supply right now…

Daffy

Mine arrive from Belgium in 3 days.

Tim
    Free Member

Ryan’s spokes delivered 2 sets within a few days (measured 1 wheel wrong!)

So if anyone wants 16 unused 266 and 16 unused 267 double butted spokes…

andybrad

Ok gents,

Still getting no where with this after 24 days. the lbs has taken the wheel to bits and says they cant get the spokes from their supplier or anywhere else. apparently 1 length isnt available.

Not sure what to do, I trust them to do a good job and the guys are sound but im not sure where to go. Im not capable myself to build it from scratch (its a carbon rim so dont trust myself) should i just be sucking it up and stop complaining?

as ever wwstwd

frogstomp

Ask them if they are happy for you to source the spokes yourself.

I got a set from a bike shop called Alex Warwick last week.. good price, very quick and I think they can do custom lengths.

steel4real
    Free Member

Several UK sellers on eBay do custom spoke lengths so call BS to your LBS.

cx_monkey

I’ve got pretty much any length you need and custom cut too (no extra) – info@zealousbikeco.com – mainly wheelsmith, but got a random collection of various DT varieties and Pillar too. Is what the OP looking for particularly odd? Like alloy I9, Crank Brothers, etc?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘is there a shortage on spokes?’ is closed to new replies.