Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 139 total)
  • is there a bike brand that no-one hates?
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

loddrik – Member
    Absolutely love my brompton. It’s all I ride nowadays. And I’m not a commuter, I just love riding it.

Are you a pretentious cock? mikewsmith doesn’t like you. 😀

jonnouk
    Free Member

Tomac? Intense?

wilburt
    Free Member

Quite like Surly but theres something erksome about there efforts to be cool Salsa probably less so but tainted by association.

Trek and especially Giant are dull, glad Im not the only one who thinks so.

I actually like Specialized becase they have consistantly the best bikes (IMO before you get on the keyboard) and Kona because I thnk their bikes tend to actually BE cool even when there not fashionable.

The only ones universally liked are probably the brands few people have experience of.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Are you a pretentious cock? mikewsmith doesn’t like you.

Brompton Owner

DanW
    Free Member

Liteville and Nicolai are good shouts. Mainly I guess because they are solidly engineered and have enough options to make it the customers fault if they don’t like the bike 😀

For me, Knolly and Canfield are worthy of a mention on the MTB side.

Brands like Lightweight or Argon 18 on the road side of things

For custom then someone like English Cycles seem to get nothing but love

Don’t see much mention of brands like Ridley in here.

They went through (or might still be in) a pretty snaptastic phase

how about Scott you seldom read any significant digs at them or their kit, I quite like some of their clothing too, they’re basically inoffensive

The Scale and Spark are generally well received but any trail/ enduro/ gravity bike reviewed by a trail/ enduro/ gravity mag gets absolutely slated every time without fail!

Northwind

DanW – Member

Spark are generally well received but any trail/ enduro/ gravity bike reviewed by a trail/ enduro/ gravity mag gets absolutely slated every time without fail!

Dirt wet themselves over the new Gambler and the Voltage’s been well loved.

DanW
    Free Member

Maybe the very latest Gambler since Bredan made them cool 😕 But the Voltages/ Genius’s and so on always got slated. Gambler was always largely ignored but seems to have gained a good following

Is it too late to suggest Enve wheels 😆

IdleJon

crashtestmonkey – Member

Trek? Hard to have any strong emotions about Trek.

I’ll never own any Trek product after they sacrificed Greg Lemond on the alter of Lance’s ego. Lost his career, his livelihood, adversely affected his health and its taken 15 years for the cycling world to welcome him back as the legend he is.

+1.

And I’m a little puzzled about why they still sell a bike named Madone. Named after a climb only made famous by Armstrong testing how effective his doping regime was. If they had a sense of humour they’d sell an EPO version.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Trek also for the takeovers of Klein, Bontrager and Gary Fisher and subsequent eradiction and everything else stated above.

Northwind

DanW – Member

But the Voltages/ Genius’s and so on always got slated

Voltage was a Dirt 100 at least once.

mudshark
    Free Member

And I’m a little puzzled about why they still sell a bike named Madone.

Also Domane and Emonda…

I’d never buy a Specialized bike- I dislike the brand/they strike me as purely big business and their customer service sucks.

Well they replaced my damaged frame – unlike Trek….

IdleJon

YoKaiser – Member

Trek also for the takeovers of Klein, Bontrager and Gary Fisher and subsequent eradiction and everything else stated above.

Bontrager as a brand that no-one hates. (Albeit extinct? 😳 )

I’d love a modern Bontrager.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Rose and Kinesis owner here. You don’t hear much of Rose in the UK but Fin (Rose UK) has always been great. Kinesis make lovely bikes.

Chumba bikes got some bad press before they folded.

After the Dave Hinde debacle cyclists in the know always raise an eyebrow whenever the name is mentioned.

Legoman
    Free Member

stanfree – Member
    Giant surely ? , I’ve never heard anyone bad mouth them.

I think they succesfully reversed that with their epic 650b shark jump tbh.

Sorry if I’m being a bit slow (wouldn’t be the first time), but can someone explain the shark jump thing?

tazzymtb

Jones

Black sheep

Enigma

Salsa

Surly- some main brand fanbois don’t like the humour, but then they also get all uptight over Cove bike names as well, so their opinion doesn’t count 🙂

leffeboy

fat chance

rhayter

Hold on, hold on… Somebody hates Yeti? Why?

Jamie
    Free Member

Somebody hates Yeti? Why?

Their after sales service is pretty poor. Like abominably slow, man.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

Hold on, hold on… Somebody hates Yeti? Why?

Any bike that has ‘fan’ meets or owners groups will have haters.

I dont have a bad word for Muddy Foxes or Dekerfs

rhayter

@ Jamie

Boom boom!

6079smithw
    Free Member

nj5pro – Member

The one and only original Muddy Fox..When I’m filthy rich I will buy that brand and restore it to its former glory, ’twas my first love.

IdleJon

Legoman – Member

stanfree – Member
    Giant surely ? , I’ve never heard anyone bad mouth them.

I think they succesfully reversed that with their epic 650b shark jump tbh.

Sorry if I’m being a bit slow (wouldn’t be the first time), but can someone explain the shark jump thing?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumping_the_shark

Hth.

chestrockwell

Dekerf, now that’s a good one. Can’t be many that hate them, they’re lovely bikes. Fat Chance the same but long since gone.

Muddy Fox? I hate how the famous name has been destroyed by years of BSO’s.

mickmcd
    Free Member

BTR Fabrications everyone luvs em ……………no one hates their bikes

danrandon
    Free Member

Islabikes?

hora
    Free Member

Overpriced bikes with smaller plastic levers for kids hands? THEY ALL HAVE THEM. Lets face it. The bland styling appeals to wannabe middle class types.

mjsmke

Jamis?

ryan91
    Free Member

First mention for Cannondale, for thinking outside the box in the search for better solutions. Hate Dorel for taking production out the USA, but keeping prices high. Also hate seeing Mongoose and Gt devalued by bso’s bearing the badge in halfords.

theraggyone
    Free Member

knolly , banshee , yeti , devinci ?

Northwind

ryan91 – Member

Also hate seeing Mongoose and Gt devalued by bso’s bearing the badge in halfords.

Which never actually happened?

Houns

IF
    Kinesis
    Salsa
    Voodoo

chakaping
    Free Member

Overpriced bikes with smaller plastic levers for kids hands? THEY ALL HAVE THEM. Lets face it. The bland styling appeals to wannabe middle class types.

Is this a cryptic crossword clue?

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Yuba?

Talking about Raleigh – I love me some old ones, kind of stately, well made, never exotic, RSP especially good – but then Notts went titsup – I stupidly bought an X1 for commutes, it was a dead log – literally hated it- so wrote them off. So have been a fan and a hater twrds same brand. Anyhow – yesterday I was shown their 2014 reincarnation ‘Wayfarer’ – a 6061 cruisery 3 speed – looks nice! Lightish, flat blade mudguards, unfussy, and I got a bit excited again. But it should be steel really, shouldn’t it?

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

What about Brooklyn Machine Works. No one actually owns one

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

The one the guy in front is riding?

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Overpriced bikes with smaller plastic levers for kids hands? THEY ALL HAVE THEM

Weird that my sons has alloy brake levers on his, so your wrong on that one 😆
    At least I bought it second hand, will sell it second hand and it will cost me nowt………. Makes me happy and intelligently hoping to be middle class. 8)

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Lefty loving the Cannondales.

leegee

Giant for pinching the DW link, although I think they will have to pay now DW have started legal action,

grenosteve
    Free Member

My Kinesis maxlight was an awesome frame! I ran it with a Pace RC39 and it was just over 10kg and took a fair amount of abuse.

grenosteve
    Free Member

Oh, as we’re talking bike brands, does that include component manufacturers too?? If so, HOPE!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 139 total)

The topic ‘is there a bike brand that no-one hates?’ is closed to new replies.