Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • guilan-barre syndrome
  • NZCol

Bit random but something in my brain told me Paulosoxo had had guilan-barre or similar ? Anyway, a mate has it and I wanted to see if he was still here to ask some questions

If you’ve no idea then move on thanks !

northshoreniall

Not sure if he’s around but the linked charity below are meant to be really good. Loads of recovered sufferers doing support, including visits to those suffering – obviously I’d guess not at moment. I worked as a neuro nurse for a while and seen them visit patients and be real help.

Information & Support

Bregante

You’re correct – Paulsoxo did have GBS a few years ago.

I also had it 16 years ago – if you want to drop me a pm I’m happy to share my experiences (from memory, his case was more severe than mine).

NZCol

Thanks all, if anyone knows much about it or us positive stories would love to hear them. My mates alright but struggling a bit as huge biker and surfer.

Cougar

Paging posts aren’t permitted, but given the nature of the question I’ve retitled the thread.

epicyclo

I had it 30years ago. Again not as bad as paulsoxo.

There was quite a lengthy thread here.

I’d say my case turned out ok. It was pretty rough for a while. There’s residual stuff that I’ve learned to work around and I only remember when I overdo things.

Bregante

Cheers for finding that old thread Rich. I’ve just read it back and have just realised that how I feel now (almost a month after getting coronavirus) is how I felt coming back from GBS. Weird.

hols2
    Free Member

I had a friend at high-school who had it. Was in an induced coma for weeks, looked like a concentration camp survivor when he got out, was in a wheelchair for a while. Eventually made a full recovery, played rugby, did moto-x.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I’m here! Been pointed this way by an old pal. How’s your friend recovering?

tpbiker
    Free Member

My dad had it about 20 years ago. He was in intensive care for a while, then rehab for months. Took him a few years to recover properly, ie not need a stick to walk etc.

Not appeared to have done him any long term damage however.

epicyclo

paulsozo
    I’m here!

That’s good. How are you going now?
    The concentration camp survivor is an apt description. For me it was one side so I looked really unbalanced.
    Just had a reminder of it all the other day because I was doing a lot of work using my upper body. Washed me out for 2 days, but I’ve learned to rest now when I feel like that.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I’m good thanks, finally found a something to control the nagging pain in my legs and feet a few years back so that’s good. Many of the old residuals are still here, but apart from getting fat and lazy since knocking the running on the head a few years back I’m all good.

Really keep meaning to get back on the bike 🙂

Glad to see the usual suspects who helped me are still here, and hope you’re all well

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘guilan-barre syndrome’ is closed to new replies.