Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Is it possible to get a ( Half decent) Full Suss on the BTW Scheme?
  • Teetosugars
    Free Member

Just wondering if this is possible??

If so, then any ideas? 🙂

michaelbowden

Yes a Boardman

bigG
    Free Member
    Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

It is if you have an understanding lbs who will then let you put the extra cash towards it.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Or check Pauls Cycles ??

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Yep, they have Giant Anthem X3’s, X4’s, Cannondale Rz’s and Mongoose Salvo’s all under £1k.

faz083
    Free Member

Yes, just use your £1000 voucher towards a more expensive bike, and get the first £1000 tax free? No rules to say you have to spend <£1000. Not on Evans’ scheme anyway.

iainc

Yes, just use your £1000 voucher towards a more expensive bike, and get the first £1000 tax free? No rules to say you have to spend <£1000. Not on Evans’ scheme anyway.

however the C2W scheme is a means of leasing a bike from the scheme provider, so you don’t own it until either the end of the 12 month hire period, or longer of the scheme is set up to reduce your final ‘payment to purchase’..

mintimperial

My brother got one of the £1k Boardman FS efforts last year to take out to the Alps when he moved over there. He’s not managed to kill it yet. Brilliant bike for the money, I’d be quite happy to ride one of those.

tomhoward

If your company has a consumer credit license, you can get a voucher for £6k. Should be able to find something that tickles your fancy for that…

giantx4
    Free Member

Got my trancex4 on btw!…after riding hardtail for years… Trance has open new frontiers of speed and stravaness!!!… ;)))

scotroutes

I just don’t get this thing about “topping up”.

Let’s say you save £300 in tax from the first £1,000 (after taking into account VAT and and end-of-lease balloon payment). If you top that up with another £1,000 to get a £2,000 bike, you are still only saving £300. You’ll get at least that off a good 2012 bike – especially bearing in mind that the retailer will then avoid giving £100 to the C2W scheme administrators.

vinnyeh

I guess for lot of people it’s another grand that they may not otherwise have spare to put towards a more expensive bike.

scotroutes

Aye – I guess you could look at it as an interest-free loan.

lister

I got myself this on BTW with a bit of a top up…2012 model discounted. Turns out my pay rise is almost exactly the same as my monthly payments too 🙂

Happy days, she’s a rocket downhill and only 1 minute slower on a 5 mile tarmac commute than my slick-shod HT with clip pedals.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

scotroutes – Member
    I just don’t get this thing about “topping up”.

Let’s say you save £300 in tax from the first £1,000 (after taking into account VAT and and end-of-lease balloon payment). If you top that up with another £1,000 to get a £2,000 bike, you are still only saving £300. You’ll get at least that off a good 2012 bike – especially bearing in mind that the retailer will then avoid giving £100 to the C2W scheme administrators.

Colin, it’s more that work are really pushing their “green initiative” and as I suggested the whole BTW scheme, I feel I’ve gotta be seen to using it..

And I don’t need or want another Hardtail.

I’ve 3 already.

scotroutes

Folding bike?
    Unicycle?

C’mon Nick – you’re just not trying 🙂

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Giggle

“Bike To Work” and “alps”.

😆

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Is it possible to get a ( Half decent) Full Suss on the BTW Scheme?’ is closed to new replies.