Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Is insurance worth it?
  • tacopowell
    Free Member

I currently live in mid-Wales but at some point moving back to my adopted home of Nottingham,
    A massive difference in the amount of crime that happens between the two areas.

I’ve therefore been toying with the idea of insuring my two bikes,
    A custom Spesh Epic comp 2003 frame with near enough a grands worth of new kit on and a Spesh Sirrus sport 11 used for the commute.

When I move I’ll obviously be locking the bikes up good and proper but Is it really worth paying the money to insure them when all I read is the policies are barely covering the bikes unless locked to a concrete floor kept under your pillow while you sleep!

Or should I just save that money for a new bike, in the event that my hard work into building the epic along with the bike itself vanish into the hands of the lazy **** to dumb to get a job…. ❓

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I was with M&S until I left the UK and it was fully covered so long as in a shed with padlock minimum.

In Oz now and have a very similar policy, excess goes up slightly for Carbon or racing damage but thats it

trail_rat
    Free Member

Yeah the good ole days mike

M and s dont dothat policy any more

Im currently paying 600 quid a year for buildings and contents on my old policy till i can find a better option – long as i dont cancel the policy it rolls over on the same contract though.

600 quids a bargain to cover all our bikes though …..

tacopowell
    Free Member

600 quids a bargain to cover all our bikes though

Not if the total value of your bikes as new is around £2000. 😕

trail_rat
    Free Member

No i agree there and i wouldnt have insurance if they were …..we have considerably more tied up in bikes

rickon
    Free Member

600 quids a bargain to cover all our bikes though
    Not if the total value of your bikes as new is around £2000

Depends how many times they nick your bikes in the year.

I’ve lost over £10k worth of bikes in less than 12 months. That’s well worth £600.

You can only do so much to secure your bikes, and if they want them they’ll get them – the only option is CCTV and Insurance.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Is insurance worth it?’ is closed to new replies.