Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Is Danny Hart past it and moving onto Enduro?
  • fergal
    Free Member

Would be great to see him do a Sam Hill and move to EWS, afterall DHers can’t pedal can they!

PS. i’m sure he was just having a little fun.

munrobiker
    Free Member

He’s only 26.

He just got 3rd at Mt St Anne, having qualified fastest.

He couldn’t beat a retired former DH racer in his mid-40s in a local non-series Enduro race.

No, I don’t think he’s washed up in DH and going to start doing Enduro.

fergal
    Free Member

Tongue firmly in cheek, he just won the Tweedlove King&Queen of the hill Enduro, thought this was a pretty good effort for a DH racer..

bigtimebones
    Free Member

He smoked everyone at Tweedlove though….

I suspect he is just having a bit of fun in between DH races.

CheesybeanZ

Queen of the hill , your thinking of dannii heart .

hatter

I strongly suspect that if he’d mangled himself at ‘ard Rock mere days before flying out to MSA Will Longden would have crucified him.

As people have said above, he’s been getting faster all season and is now podiuming, his run at MSA would have been enough to win on many years, Brosnan and Bruni both had to pull out near career best runs to beat him.

All we need is for it to sheet it down with rain for the Worlds… fingers crossed.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

He’s said in a few interviews previously that enduro wasn’t for him, as he hated ‘all that **** pedalling’ 🙂

mark90
    Free Member

He couldn’t beat a retired former DH racer in his mid-40s in a local non-series Enduro race.

Peaty wanted it. Danny looked to be having a bit of fun the day before his flight out to Canada wheelie along stages.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

As people have said above, he’s been getting faster all season and is now podiuming, his run at MSA would have been enough to win on many years, Brosnan and Bruni both had to pull out near career best runs to beat him.

Problem is there are people putting those runs in at every race. Not sure if those runs are career best or just the runs those guys have in them. He might be peaking for worlds but so are heaps of other riders. Overall I don’t think he has the consistency to win races all season long, he can win but has to pull out everything to do it which means you are rolling the dice in every race.

The enduro field is very strong at the moment too, and it needs a bigger commitment to be up and ready in March though to October over 7-8 rounds.

malv173
    Free Member

Definitely not. I think there is just an incredible amount of effing fast riders at the moment. The consistent top tenners are all capable of winning, it just has to happen on the day. I’ve enjoyed this season (men and women’s) more than most of the last few years, which I still really enjoyed. And that’s with Gwin and Minaar both being out with injury. It”s been fast, it’s been very competitive, and it seems like there’s a fantastic amount of lrespect between the riders. Danny is good enough to win again, and would love to see him do it. But if he did go full enduro, I’m sure he’d be pretty good at that too. Losing to Peaty whilst having loads of fun doing it ain’t no bad result!

rene59
    Free Member

He shouldn’t have switched bikes this season, he seemed to have done better on the Mondraker and was more consistent his past 2 seasons there, finding his form. Maybe it just takes a while to settle into the new bike and team and he will put together a better season next year.

honourablegeorge

malv173

Definitely not. I think there is just an incredible amount of effing fast riders at the moment

Agree on that – it’s incredibly competitive – seems like someone differeent pops up each year at the top of the pack, like Pierron, Hart, Bruni or Brosnan, and it’s only the absolute legends like Minnaar or Gwin that can keep them at bay – those two seem to have a consistency that the young lads have to fight to match, maybe they’re just more calculated.

Maybe it’s the risk taking nature of downhill, having to go at 100% for pretty much the entire track – so hard to be right on the edge but not make that mistake. Enduro might suit some riders like that, in that they can back off ever so slightly in terms of risk, maybe they only ride at 90% for the longer track

nickc

Something else to throw in the ring. There’s a definite “changing of the guard”  about this season. The average age of winners (in the men’s)  has come down from 27 last year to 23 this year as riders like Iles and Pierron are making an impact

TheGingerOne

I heard Danny got stuck behind a sheep on an Ard Rock stage which might explain how Peaty beat him (or not)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The average age of winners (in the men’s)  has come down from 27 last year to 23 this year as riders like Iles and Pierron are making an impact

Given Iles hasn’t won one he probably isn’t factoring into that average 😉 Also if Gwinn or Minaar win one it will pop right back up again – the 2 guys who looked all over it last year sitting out most rounds or riding injured.

Minaar was a couple of punctures away from a World Cup and World Champs double last year.

It’s been the time of the newcomers/changing of the guard for some time now, one of them needs to make it stick each one has had a flyer of a season and really since Bryceland it’s only been Pierron who has stuck it since.

Much like the difficult second album

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

…stuck behind a sheep…

That excuse has worked for me before.

bigwill
    Free Member

The back of his van says “Danny Hart road racing” we might see him in the TDF if that’s anything to go by.

sillyoldman

He’s currently 3rd in the World Cup standings with one round to go. If he holds that position it’ll be his second best ever Elite Overall position as far as I remember, and he’s been improving as the season goes on. Hardly having a bad season.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If you had the pick of 3 riders for a team next year would he be in there?

fergal
    Free Member

Most certainly, he has a certain northern charm,  coming straight at you like a fresh northern breeze, i like the “Redcar rocket” he is a great rider.

Just to remind you, i was being tongue in cheek and was in no way trying to imply that Danny was having a poor season.

muggomagic

It’s been great seeing Pierron winning, he’s just the most lovable Frenchie. It’s like having an easier to understand Ratboy back. I do wonder how many world cups he would have won this year had Minaar and Gwin been fit all season. Don’t really care too much though as Wyn TV has been a lot more entertaining with Pierron and Bruni winning 😀

Also Ben Cathro getting more recognition for his World Cup coverage has been equally brilliant. Always look forward to his videos over the weekend and now Pinkbike are getting him to do “Inside the tape” is really good to see. Even got a mention from Rachel Atherton after her winning run.

kayla1
    Free Member

The back of his van says “Danny Hart road racing” we might see him in the TDF if that’s anything to go by.

We saw that van leaving after a trackday at Cadwell last year and wondered if he’d been playing out on a motorcycle.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Is Danny Hart past it and moving onto Enduro

The key thing is to check what wheels he’s on. He’s still on 27.5 – so not past it yet.

(where’s the winkey eye emoji?)

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Is Danny Hart past it and moving onto Enduro?’ is closed to new replies.