Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Is anyone doing (e-bike) demos since CV19?
  • snotrag

Myself and a few mates have been ‘eeb’ curious for a while now, and after last weekends ‘winch and plummet’ day of trail smashing I thought that renting/demoing a triplet of e-bikes for a weekend might be fun.

However theres no demo days on, and I’ve spoken to a few big chain shops (Evans, Leisure Lakes, Edinburg Co-op (ex-staff) and Specialized) and none of them are doing demo’s any more.

Any ideas? Based in Leeds. I particularly want to try a Levo SL as that e-bike-lite is potentially the right thing for me and the one that piques my interest far more than any other.

Otherwise, other than the E-zesty, is anyone ware of any other ‘lite’ e-bikes like the Levo SL? FS trail type, 29″ wheels…

konanige

Had to rentmy SL for the day from local Spesh dealer, havent looked back!!

Tracey

We wanted to demo a medium and large Levo SL a few weeks ago. Couldn’t find anyone in Yorkshire who had both to test.
    Managed to throw the leg over on a medium and large in the show room. Went with the large as we knew that the Stumpy we had was a large.
    The Turbo Levos we have are medium.
    I had to slam the seat post fully into the tube to get it at the right hight.
    Have riden them both back to back over Cutgate and they are very different rides. The Turbo Levo feels a lot more planted. The SL feels very much like a bit heavier Stumpy.
    If I could only ride one it would be the Turbo Levo.
    They are both excellent bikes both on the ups and downs.
    Still riding the normal bikes which would also be the choice for Alps trips.

Same trail different bikes

konanige

Yeah rode both myself, but didnt like the FF Levo, just felt heavy and lifeless to me, went with the SL as it’s more lively but still more planted than my clockwork bikes, if I had the money I’d buy both!!!

Jamze

Is Rutland in Nottingham too far? They seem to advertise a large demo fleet.

https://www.rutlandcycling.com/pages/e-bike-buying-guide/buying-and-demo-e-bikes.aspx

davros

Jejames in Sheffield had a spesh demo fleet including the levo sl, but they suspended demos earlier this year. Might be worth trying them to see if they’ve restarted. I’m also keen to try an sl.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Is anyone doing (e-bike) demos since CV19?’ is closed to new replies.