• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Marin.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Irish PPT
  • Marin
    Free Member

Hello,
    Has anyone applied for Irish Citizenship through descent and got a reply in the last 12 months or so?

Pyro

I’ve worked in IT for too long, I took ‘PPT’ to mean ‘Powerpoint’ and was about to post this picture:

Apologies, cheap joke at the expense of the Irish…

midlifecrashes

My son has a (first Irish, he has a had a British one before) passport in the system, allegedly due any day now. Supposedly 12-16 weeks turnaround time from their acknowledgment of receipt of docs, which itself was nearly two weeks after they were delivered to them tracked.

He is an Irish citizen already though, since I was born in Ireland. Process was pretty straight forward, needed my long form birth certificate then standard ID stuff.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Make sure your witness is available to take phone calls. A copper friend did mine but they could never get him on the phone so our boy’s application got pushed back. ☹️ They DO check.

nicko74

Family have applied and not heard back. It seemed that COVID created a huge backlog (and they completely shut down the foreign birth registration office), but they’re still not back on track.

onehundredthidiot

2years for citizenship according to website.

Marin
    Free Member

Ta for replies I was hoping 2 years was an overestimate but probably not. I should imagine Brexit is the main reason for huge surge in applications and timeline. Ah well something to look forward to.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.