Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Ipod/MP3 car converter
  • dknwhy

I’ve got a 2008 Kia Carens (2005-2009 model I think) which is the model with the sliding roof bars as opposed to the rails. I believe subsequent models have an MP3 input socket which was located in the centre armrest, unfortunately mine doesn’t.

Any cheap, easy solutions out there? I’ve tried one of those FM transmitters previously and it was useless.

johndoh
    Free Member

Dension do some very good adapters. Like you I tried several FM transmitters and they were all useless but I was really happy with the Dension.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Dension.

allmountainventure
    Free Member

You could get one wired in to the speaker cable. Not sure the exact detail but if you don’t gave an auxiliary in its a work around. If you can get the radio out you might find it has an auxiliary socket and you can just run the cable yourself.

johndoh
    Free Member

There is a Dension unit that plugs directly into the FM input so you don’t need an aux in – but has none of the issues of an FM transmitter because it is hard-wired – it simply piggy-backs onto the aerial input at the back of the radio.

It’s the one I had and it was great and it’s probably available cheap as chips on Ebay.

dknwhy

Thanks for the input. Looks like the Dension unit is the way to go.
    How easy are they to fit?
    I think to get to the back of my radio would require removing half of the dash…..

LadyGresley
    Free Member

I use a cassette adaptor for my iPod 😀

hammyuk
    Free Member

Parrot MKi9200 – handsfree, streaming music, contacts and 10mins to install.
    Far cheaper than any of the Denison, et-al

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Ipod/MP3 car converter’ is closed to new replies.