Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • iPod nano (7th gen) alternatives?
  • ross980
    Free Member

It’s for a 60th birthday present. I know iTunes has its idiosyncrasies but I’m struggling to find anything else that fits the bill.
    Criteria:
    £100-130ish
    16gb min
    Touchscreen (bigger the better)
    Decent battery
    Must be a dedicated music player – no phones

The Sony ones look good but are a lot more. My main concern with the Nano is that it could be a bit fragile (my 5th gen is still going strong but the new one is even slimmer)

Any help appreciated.
    Cheers.

Saccades
    Free Member

I’ve the sony e585 (I think), no touch screen (which I prefer at that size, proper tactile buttons), but does everything else you want for less money.

Battery life is measured in days, noise cancelling phones (I don’t understand your no phones comment) are brilliant and it’s been very tough so far.

It plays pretty much every music file type, does podcasts/radio and has a mic. Has a great little screen and it’s ok for videos and stuff (I wouldn’t watch a movie thought).

Only 16gb but that’s plenty of music I’ve found.

ross980
    Free Member

To be fair – touchscreen probably not essential, but big screen is.
    ‘No phones’ as in they don’t want a cheap android phone with a SD card. It needs to be a ‘proper’ mp3 player.
    I’ll look at that Sony too

midlifecrashes

If big touchscreen is the main factor, would you stretch as far as an ipod touch? As a pure mp3 player with good battery life, good sized buttons and good sound quality (but small screen), I like my Sansa Clip Zip.

ross980
    Free Member

Bump for the evening croud

smurfly13
    Free Member

I think iPods must be the only away to go.

Yes iTunes is restrictive but they really are good products.

iPod touch ….. But bit over budget

duckers
    Free Member

I bought an 8gb Sansa clip+ about 7 years ago to use when exercising and its still going strong – its outlived numerous apple/Samsung products and has been used pretty much daily, it was £30 so easily replaceable. I’m not sure if Sandisk do a product that matches your requirements but in terms of quality they are spot on.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘iPod nano (7th gen) alternatives?’ is closed to new replies.