Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Squirty cream , is there anything worse to be served in a restaurant ?
  • RamseyNeil
    Free Member

As above , just had nice meal out , Lemon Tart for dessert and it comes accompanied by a mound of squirty cream . Totally ruined the Lemon Tart for me and was wondering what others had had which had the same effect . Sensible answers only please .

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Chips that have come from a freezer bag. My pet hate.

Well, one of them….

peterfile
    Free Member

I once ordered an espresso which turned out to be lots of Nescafé and a little bit of water (confirmed by the girl serving us after I suggested the coffee was a bit rank). I don’t mind the odd cup of Nescafé, but 5 spoonfuls in 50ml of water is pushing it a bit 🙂

tinybits
    Free Member

Smash instead of mash potatoes. Disgusting!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Squirty cream should be only ever licked off in the bedroom. Only sensible option.

MrFart
    Free Member

Cheese straight from the fridge.

CaptJon
    Free Member

A sprig of parsley as ‘garnish’

akasteve
    Free Member

Sangria with tinned mixed fruit.
    Spanish omelette with chips in it!
    Both served in Fuerteventura in Spanish run/ owned restaurants.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Chips in anything like a coal scuttle/flower pot/bucket etc.
    Just stick em on the plate!

Coyote
    Free Member

“Fries” instead of chips. Love chips, me. Proper chips mind.

brakes
    Free Member

Squirty cream should be only ever licked off in the bedroom. Only sensible option.

have you had a rib removed so you can do that?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Grapes without grape scissors.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Tinned heinz mac and cheese – decanted into a dish and served as chefs own….
    spean bridge hotel im looking at you !

pb2

squeezey cream wins hands down, yet another fffing useless American food tech product — btw food and technology should not appear in same sentence, food equals natural, tech is man made and in the context of food usually synthetic crap !

Junkyard
    Free Member

grape scissors

Wow they really exist- I googled 😳
    Every day is a school day

brakes
    Free Member

there’s nothing I like more than the breakfast buffet when staying at a hotel… BUT when they serve up scrambled eggs made from powdered egg it makes me want to get punchy

brack
    Free Member

Let’s face it .. We really cannot make good coffee in this country..

‘Chocolate sprinkles on top?’

NO NO NO

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

You obviously have had little sexual experience with another person, for you to even think that.

brakes
    Free Member

You obviously have had little sexual experience

I saw Eurotrash once – does that count?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Tea Bags.
    Cheap crap sausages in a proper breakfast
    But in general anything served by an establishment that has photo’s of the food.

dux
    Free Member

About 18 replies and we’re off, haha. Good old STW

CountZero

brakes – Member

You really don’t have much imagination, do you?
    Hmmmm, a cute, willing partner, several cans of spray cream…

brakes
    Free Member

are you flirting with me?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Brakes, no-one’s ever, ever gonna flirt with you till you know the proper secret of squirty cream.
    & No, Eurotrash does not count.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Crab curry that turns out to be a dismembered crustacean with hot sauce on it, very difficult eat – especially when crackers and crab fork aren’t provided!

maccruiskeen

are you flirting with me?

Flirty Cream?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Squirty Flirty Cream.

Dirty too.

racingsnail
    Free Member

spean bridge hotel im looking at you !

Oh no don’t ruin this for me, I think the takeaway there is fantastic.

maccruiskeen

grape scissors

Paging Chewkw

coffeeking
    Free Member

cheap sausages /make/ a proper breakfast.

Guilty pleasure of mine.

user-removed
    Free Member

Chef

Ramsey Neil – Member has spoken. Lolling at Brakes 😀

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Bought an “Irish coffee” once, well disappointed when it arrived with squirt cream floating on the top.

I remember when squirmy cream first came out, even the cat didn’t much like it!

Worse thing in a restaurant to be served, I’d have to go for tinned fruit when you expected fresh,

konabunny
    Free Member

Chips that have come from a freezer bag. My pet hate.

The Ivy uses McCain.

tomhoward

Spaghetti in a chow mein, rather than noodles.

LoCo
    Free Member

Squeeze/aerosol cheese.

hooli

Slightly off topic but what about “home made” stuff in a restaurant. Who’s home was it made in? Unless somebody lives in the factory/resturant then I doubt it was home made

arrpee
    Free Member

My most horrendous food experiences have all taken place in Peterhead. A colleague and I were staying at what was, at that time, the “best” hotel in town. At dinner, she ordered the veggie option. I don’t recall how it was described on the menu, but what arrived was a frozen supermarket quiche served on top of a pile of Heinz spaghetti hoops. Best of all, it arrived at the table under a cloche, which the server whipped off with a flourish: tah-daaaaah!

I once ordered an espresso which turned out to be lots of Nescafé and a little bit of water (confirmed by the girl serving us after I suggested the coffee was a bit rank). I don’t mind the odd cup of Nescafé, but 5 spoonfuls in 50ml of water is pushing it a bit

Oh, man. This reminds me of another Peterhead experience. I made the mistake of ordering a cappuccino. What I got was one of those Nescafe cappuccino sachets, topped up with about a litre of boiling water. Looooooooooooooxury.

tomd
    Free Member

My most horrendous food experiences have all taken place in Peterhead. A colleague and I were staying at what was, at that time, the “best” hotel in town.

Not the Waterside Inn by any chance!?

jfletch
    Free Member

Slightly off topic but what about “home made” stuff in a restaurant. Who’s home was it made in? Unless somebody lives in the factory/resturant then I doubt it was home made

Home made = Made from ingredients on the premises
    Home cooked = Heated up on the premises but made elsewhere.

Complaining that the chef who made the food doesn’t live at the restaurant is hopeless pedantry.

arrpee
    Free Member

Not the Waterside Inn by any chance!?

Heh heh…yeah, that’s the one. Sampled its delights yourself have you?

Another fine dining experience in Peterhead, this time in the local prison, which at that time was basically a medieval leper-colony for sex offenders. When lunch time came around, my colleagues and I were served a platter of thoroughly depressing sandwiches, lovingly prepared by the jail’s residents. Now, when working with such populations, you have to resist making negative assumptions, but we all glanced at each other and it was clear that we were all hoping the same thing, i.e. that nothing too exotic had been added to the ingredients list.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Squirty cream , is there anything worse to be served in a restaurant ?’ is closed to new replies.