Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • iphone or sony xperia???
  • scotroutes

Dropped mine once and it was fine.

I bought the wee magnetic charge lead so that the waterproof seal might last longer. If waterproofing isn’t an issue then you could just take it off.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Get the magnetic charge cable from.ebay no.more.flap issues.

neilco
    Free Member

iPhone 4s to Z1 compact. Wish I hadn’t, to be honest. Android is cheap after iOS and the phone hangs and crashes frequently. Navigation is useless.

Just feels half the price of the iPhone. Which it was. Waterproof is handy.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’ve had almost every phone out there. Currently running a Sony xperia z ultra which is the big version of the z. It is the same phone more or less just a much bigger screen. While I love big phones (phablet) I have not had such a glitchy phone software wise for a long while. If you constantly use the flap for the charging it will stop it being waterproof, Sony basically admit this hence the magnetic charging which isn’t a touch on say the macbook setup as it’s way too fiddly to get the connection right. Although I like the phone, sounding a bit negative about it I know, I won’t go back to Apple as I don’t like dumb downed phones. Both are good but both are far from perfect.

niloC
    Free Member

For those with the Sony Z1, Z1C or Z2 what’s the quality of the photos? I have an old Expedia J and the pic’s are pants, looking to upgrade but wary of the Expedia based on my current one and photo quality matters to me

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

IMO, the iphone 4s camera took better pictures that my z1 Compact, but its not a massive difference, and with some fiddling of the manual settings you can get good pics.

The magnetic charging socket works far better with docks than with a USB cable. I bought a couple of these…
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Magnetic-Charging-Dock-Charger-For-Sony-DK31-Xperia-Z1-ZU-Z1S-Z1-Compact-mini-Z2-/390838956703

Battery life and speed are great on the Z1 though. Also like the USB host cable for connecting a HDD (or Garmin Edge for uploading whilst on holiday).

scotroutes

I don’t know what you’re expecting from a phone but here’s one I took the other night in quite challenging light conditions

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘iphone or sony xperia???’ is closed to new replies.